Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I disagree. The new bolt is a bit too flat.

Eh, I disagree. The old one was too curvy, almost droopy in a way. Didn't really give off the same sort of energy. Most lightning-themed logos tend to be more straight and angular, but the current logo feels like it's a happy balance between the two.

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Eh, I disagree. The old one was too curvy, almost droopy in a way. Didn't really give off the same sort of energy. Most lightning-themed logos tend to be more straight and angular, but the current logo feels like it's a happy balance between the two.

Plus the new one fits on the curve of the helmet much better. It looks much more natural there now.

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The Bucs have the best new unis of the year.  Better even than the Chargers, who lose points for the dumb number font. 

Not a chance. The Bucs Pewter uniforms are the worst in the league. The Chargers are 1000 times the uniforms the Bucs are. 

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Los Angeles Chargers To Debut Navy Blue Color Rush Uniform

November 8, 2020 - 20:44 PM

The Los Angeles Chargers will wear their navy blue Color Rush uniform for the first time during today’s game against the Las Vegas Raiders (4:05 p.m. ET on FOX). The Chargers unveiled the navy blue Color Rush uniform back in April alongside their new home, road and royal blue Color

Read More...

I'm not as big on the Bucs' unis as others, so I prefer the Chargers' unis, but I have a hard time calling the Buccaneers the worst in the league. The pewter jersey is god-awful (should've had an orange alt if they had to have one) but the Falcons and Saints refuse to look good in the same division, let alone the Rams.

This is unpopular, but seeing these Chargers navy unis on the field, I have to say they’re better than the powder blues. I’m not huge about monochrome and the bolt would look better filled in with white, but the Chargers just look better in navy.

Also, teal over black should be the Jags permanent home uniforms, they look great today.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The Chargers set in general is practically perfect. The fact that they can switch to navy blue as an alt and not skip a beat just makes it that much better. My only qualm is that the italicized numbers give it an oddly minor-league feel. They would probably have done better just taking the old font and removing the double-outline in favor of a single one. The jersey feels like it’s missing something and that is my best guess as to what it is. Block numbers would also do just fine... something to remind people it’s an NFL franchise and not a Mountain West team.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 11/7/2020 at 8:23 PM, MJD7 said:

It’s been talked about already, but the shape of the new bolt really is so much better than the old too — so much better balanced. It’s one of those things you don’t realize needed fixing until it was actually fixed.

I think it's one of those things we noticed but couldn't articulate.  Didn't like it before, but couldn't have told you why. Probably would have blamed the outline. Is there any other variation in the curve historically?

On 11/7/2020 at 1:47 AM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Let's be real. Nike conned the NBA into it, probably after the NFL initially passed in 2012. They broke the ice with color rush, now the rams. Bon Jovi ass slope we're on now. 

Jeez, let's hope not.

Bomb GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 11/8/2020 at 10:24 AM, QCS said:

Plus the new one fits on the curve of the helmet much better. It looks much more natural there now.

Fun fact: the Chargers’ old helmet decal did not match the logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Fun fact: the Chargers’ old helmet decal did not match the logo.

Huh, I never knew that.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The new logo much more resembles the helmet decal, and from what it looks like, the old logo never matched the helmet. Just another reason the update was so good.

Archived