47 minutes ago, rams80 said:

^

*can't go more than 5 sentences without saying the words innovate or disrupt*

*believes in modern technology wholeheartedly*

*sees unicorns everyday*

*gave Elizabeth Holmes $20 million*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously dude, no.  You lost me at "game changer"

A lot of people have such a specific look in mind for the LA Rams but I don't think it would be such a bad thing to change it up. In my opinion, it's better than staying in the StL set. At least come into LA with something fresh.

Don't fear the raidersaintRams. It's not like those colors are restricted to those two teams. Hey, there's even two RWB teams in the same division. For the record, I do like the old LA Rams B&Y but I hate the StL set.

*can someone give me $20 Million? Apparently I gave it to a hooker or something after getting off my unicorn that I tracked down with my "modern technology". innovate.

GO NETS.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, joshey said:

A lot of people have such a specific look in mind for the LA Rams but I don't think it would be such a bad thing to change it up. In my opinion, it's better than staying in the StL set. At least come into LA with something fresh.

Don't fear the raidersaintRams. It's not like those colors are restricted to those two teams. Hey, there's even two RWB teams in the same division. For the record, I do like the old LA Rams B&Y but I hate the StL set.

*can someone give me $20 Million? Apparently I gave it to a hooker or something after getting off my unicorn that I tracked down with my "modern technology". innovate.

How is "Hollywood Nights" fresh?  It's already been done by UCLA and the Lakers.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

How is "Hollywood Nights" fresh?  It's already been done by UCLA and the Lakers.  

It's fresh for a team identity. Not a gimmick one night promotion to sell jerseys.

GO NETS.

10 minutes ago, joshey said:

It's fresh for a team identity. Not a gimmick one night promotion to sell jerseys.

Dressing up like award shows isn't gimmicky?

But let's see how this will go forth...I'm guessing black jerseys (Nights, after all), with silver or gold helmets (silver is too Raiders, gold is too Saints...maybe black helmets, which is a fresh idea in the NFL and always look great and fresh and sick in the sun)...silver or gold pants...

Still no.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Going WAY back...^_^

The Seahawks fan base has been outrageously nuts about their team for a little more than a decade.  They had a nice fanbase while in the Dome, but it wasn't nearly as much of a thing as it is today.

I believe the Seahawks had amazing support before AND after the Behring years ('88-'96). There was always a huge waiting list for season tickets until Behring ruined the team and ran it into the ground. Since then, the team has won back the support of the fans.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

I believe the Seahawks had amazing support before AND after the Behring years ('88-'96). There was always a huge waiting list for season tickets until Behring ruined the team and ran it into the ground. Since then, the team has won back the support of the fans.

That feels really weird to read.  Before the recent sustained success of the franchise, it didn't seem like we heard diddly squat about Seattle football.  I almost equate it to Jackonville football.  Somewhat irrelevant.  

Perhaps I wasn't paying as close attention, but it felt to me like when they were AFC, we didn't hear much about them.

37 minutes ago, Harmening said:

That feels really weird to read.  Before the recent sustained success of the franchise, it didn't seem like we heard diddly squat about Seattle football.  I almost equate it to Jackonville football.  Somewhat irrelevant.  

Perhaps I wasn't paying as close attention, but it felt to me like when they were AFC, we didn't hear much about them.

All the 90's huskies die-hards hitched their wagons to the seahawks. The timing/opportunity was perfect to make the move.

39 minutes ago, Harmening said:

Hey we're a pretty passionate bunch down here in Jacksonville for a mildly transient navy town, More then most people give us credit for. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Bob Seger was doing it back in 1978.

20 hours ago, joshey said:

Oh, don't worry.  No one here is "fearing" a black, silver, and gold L.A. Rams make-over.  Just like no one is fearing a Zombie Apocalypse. Mainly because neither is happening.

(Actually, the Zombie Apocalypse is probably more possible. I'd put the Z.A. at about .0001% probability, what with crazy genetic research and such.  That the Rams would just randomly choose some weird combination of colors and run with it is significantly less likely.  Hey, I have a crazy thought... if you want to see that color scheme, why not advocate it for the Saints?  They might actually consider it, and it might possibly work for them.)

22 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Wow, that's telling sea of royal/yellow. Given that they are sticking with navy/gold, I'd say the NFL and Rams clearly don't care one bit what the fans want.

Well, the Rams sure seem to at least get it.  They've been clear that the NFL won't let them change this season. So since they can't change for the move to LA, they've decided to kick it back another year and tie it to the new stadium.

I'm not sure I agree with that decision, but I understand where it comes from.

52 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Oh, don't worry.  No one here is "fearing" a black, silver, and gold L.A. Rams make-over.  Just like no one is fearing a Zombie Apocalypse. Mainly because neither is happening.

(Actually, the Zombie Apocalypse is probably more possible. I'd put the Z.A. at about .0001% probability, what with crazy genetic research and such.  That the Rams would just randomly choose some weird combination of colors and run with it is significantly less likely.  Hey, I have a crazy thought... if you want to see that color scheme, why not advocate it for the Saints?  They might actually consider it, and it might possibly work for them.)

We just need the New York-New Jersey Knights to be added to the league as an expansion team.  Or maybe the Jets can rebrand.  They haven't won anything since 1969.

parker.jpgs-l300.jpg3269-707Fr.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Well, the Rams sure seem to at least get it.  They've been clear that the NFL won't let them change this season. So since they can't change for the move to LA, they've decided to kick it back another year and tie it to the new stadium.

I'm not sure I agree with that decision, but I understand where it comes from.

Ah, I didn't realize the Rams have been up front about wanting the royal/yellow. This will be interesting to see. I wonder if the Rams will go full throttle royal/yellow swag and merchandise during the season? Basically turning the Colosseum into a sea of royal/yellow during games.

It's going to pretty much be like that anyway. Every Rams event the BBTLAR club had was nearly entirely Royal and yellow. Even the official LA Rams draft party was like that too. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Rambulance said:

I've seen a couple of Rams uni related pieces today.... maybe theres still hope! lol

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/29837/former-rams-upset-team-wont-wear-classic-blue-and-yellow-uniforms

rams.jpg

Based on the Demoff quote, they petitioned the league once the move was approved and goodell is putting the screws to them or they thought they could get away with old gold and navy thinking the fans were simply happy enough to get the rams back. As it's been said time and time again they are already selling royal and yellow apparel and they have an existing uniform template that only needs a white jersey.

I have to think you'll end up seeing >80% of the retail jerseys sold this year will be royal.

The cynic in me thinks this is part of a greater conspiracy to appease the LA fans. Craft the storyline that the big, bad NFL won't allow us to return to our sacred colors, only to have the Rams fight and win. A win for the "little guy" or the "new kid". See kids, we're not some faceless NFL team. We fought because we wanted to make you happy.

Of course, I realize that they probably just underestimated the appeal of the Royal/Yellow. I mean, fans haven't been telling them that since 2000.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

What do the rules say if they just decide to wear them anyway?  It's not like the league will cancel the game with 80k people in the stands.  How big could the penalty possibly be?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What do the rules say if they just decide to wear them anyway?  It's not like the league will cancel the game with 80k people in the stands.  How big could the penalty possibly be?

this is a league led by Roger Goodel that we are talking about. they will probably fine them 1 million for ever game, and a draft pick. for violating the power of the all mighty commissioner. *rant over*

Archived