Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

37 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Last night's set? As in the Patriots who were in head to toe blue? Again, I'm confused 🙂

I'm talking about the Rams' bone pants vs mono blue. I'm on the east coast, so it's pretty much dark out once the 4:25 games get started.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2020 at 7:43 PM, Gothamite said:

That number font is still pretty goofy.  But the new horn shape looks even better in a single piece. 

The font doesn't bother me much and certainly doesn't bother me as much as gradient numbers, segmented horns (goat horns and crescent moons), and especially the bone uniforms. If the Rams changed to the exact uniform in the pic, I'd be very happy with that look in place of the throwbacks.

I don't know if I have said this before (I probably have), but I think the Rams' helmet is one of the best looking in the NFL, split horn and all. Considering how many teams across college and high school sports have carbon copied the ram horn decal, it makes sense that LA would want to separate theirs a little bit and reclaim the design. The split adds a nice touch without getting too different, and on the metallic blue shell it looks fantastic (wish I could say that about the rest of the uniform). 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

I don't know if I have said this before (I probably have), but I think the Rams' helmet is one of the best looking in the NFL, split horn and all. Considering how many teams across college and high school sports have carbon copied the ram horn decal, it makes sense that LA would want to separate theirs a little bit and reclaim the design. The split adds a nice touch without getting too different, and on the metallic blue shell it looks fantastic (wish I could say that about the rest of the uniform). 

The split makes it not look like a horn.  The crescent moon comparisons are pretty accurate.  If you didn't know it was the Rams helmet, it'd be tough to say what it was.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 minutes ago, JustForFun said:

Post reported for ignoring the Bengals, Cardinals, 2000s Bills, and Buccaneers clock number uniforms.

Fair enough, but I'll be honest, I still think that garbage last night might take the cake. The Bengals definitely aren't worse. The Cardinals are horribly dated for sure but the Rams just switched to these uniforms THIS YEAR. At least the Cardinals have the excuse of just being dated. 2000s bills were not worse IMO either. You got me with the Bucs though. The clock numbers are definitely on the upper tier of garbage. 

On 11/21/2020 at 1:41 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

The year is 2025...

00PRwLy.png

This was really all they had to do (plus maybe adding numbers to the shoulders, but still). It’s disappointing that they dove so deep into multiple tangents (fibonacci, streetwear, California vibes or whatever) that they completely missed this.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Losing that extra little loop in the ram horn was itself a major upgrade.

I have to disagree. I wish there was a downvote button sometimes. To me, that's what made that helmet logo really special. Now it just looks like bananas, or a crescent moon. Also, you had just said a couple of posts before that it looks better as once piece. Make up your mind.

2 minutes ago, duxrcool048 said:

I have to disagree. I wish there was a downvote button sometimes. To me, that's what made that helmet logo really special. Now it just looks like bananas, or a crescent moon. Also, you had just said a couple of posts before that it looks better as once piece. Make up your mind.

He's talking about the part that curled up around the ear hole, not whether it's one piece or not.  Losing the piece that curled around was an upgrade.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

He's talking about the part that curled up around the ear hole, not whether it's one piece or not.  Losing the piece that curled around was an upgrade.

I still disagree. It just doesn't look like a horn to me. But I'm going to be stuck looking at it for 5 years, so I'll have to get used to it I guess. The only thing I like about the rebrand is the colors. The rest sucks.

The images above where it's in the new shape but unbroken look better to me than the wrap-around style that's in your avatar, but I personally don't feel that strongly about it.  A million years ago I got an old Hutch helmet at a yard sale that was originally a Cowboys helmet that someone had painted over to turn into a Rams one.  The horns on it actually look like the new ones (minus the break, obviously) and even as a little kid, I (slightly) preferred it to the wrap-around.

11 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The images above where it's in the new shape but unbroken look better to me than the wrap-around style that's in your avatar, but I personally don't feel that strongly about it.  A million years ago I got an old Hutch helmet at a yard sale that was originally a Cowboys helmet that someone had painted over to turn into a Rams one.  The horns on it actually look like the new ones (minus the break, obviously) and even as a little kid, I (slightly) preferred it to the wrap-around.

I understand what you're saying. I guess it's just different for me being a die hard Rams fan. They changed the one thing that I really loved about the Rams' helmets.

1 hour ago, duxrcool048 said:

I still disagree. It just doesn't look like a horn to me. But I'm going to be stuck looking at it for 5 years, so I'll have to get used to it I guess. The only thing I like about the rebrand is the colors. The rest sucks.

Could not have summarized it better. After nearly 24 hours of reflection, I am of the opinion that the monobone last night was the worst road uniform ever worn in the superbowl era.

2 hours ago, guest23 said:

Could not have summarized it better. After nearly 24 hours of reflection, I am of the opinion that the monobone last night was the worst road uniform ever worn in the superbowl era.

Definitely. There's nothing good about this piss stained look. Everything from the neck down looks like a bad joke...

Archived