OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

spacer.png

“How about another joke, Murray? What do you get when you take an overly-ambitious design staff, yes men, and no clear direction?”

“You get what nobody deserves!” 

Throws bone jersey at Murray, leaving people confused more than anything.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Yeah but....

The other team will have white. There are sidelines. You can't escape white, so this will always look dirty.

I think he means on the uniform itself

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I think he means on the uniform itself

I get that. But that doesn't change the fact that all of that OTHER white will always be there (not to mention the equipment that @Gothamite mentioned), such that you can't escape the fact that this will always look dirty/dingy, and not 'drip' or 'clean' or 'fire emoji' or any other dreck.

I remain of the opinion that an off-white jersey can look great (summoning that OSU picture once again) but the Rams screwed it up horribly by a) choosing an ugly shade of off-white, b) still using white in the design, and c) not even using white/yellow well in the design. That jersey would be ugly, bone-colored or not.

On 12/27/2020 at 10:05 PM, SFGiants58 said:

spacer.png

“How about another joke, Murray? What do you get when you take an overly-ambitious design staff, yes men, and no clear direction?”

“You get what nobody deserves!” 

Throws bone jersey at Murray, leaving people confused more than anything.

spacer.png

Post of the year

11 hours ago, QCS said:

I remain of the opinion that an off-white jersey can look great (summoning that OSU picture once again) but the Rams screwed it up horribly by a) choosing an ugly shade of off-white, b) still using white in the design, and c) not even using white/yellow well in the design. That jersey would be ugly, bone-colored or not.

I agree that off-white can work, but to do so I'd think it needs to be paired with something that isn't so starkly bright as the blue and yellow the Rams are using. The contrast is way too jarring. OSU (I'm assuming this was meant to be Oregon State) can pair off-white with black and orange, and it comes off as a more subtle and additive color to the look, rather than just unlaundered whites. 

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I agree that off-white can work, but to do so I'd think it needs to be paired with something that isn't so starkly bright as the blue and yellow the Rams are using. The contrast is way too jarring. OSU (I'm assuming this was meant to be Oregon State) can pair off-white with black and orange, and it comes off as a more subtle and additive color to the look, rather than just unlaundered whites. 

Yeah, that's exactly right. Honestly, I think a cream-colored jersey for the Browns would be amazing (assuming all instances of white were replaced with cream) but it simply doesn't work with what the Rams are trying to accomplish.

15 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I would say the color is closer to "20 year old tighty whities that just wont wash completely white anymore"

3 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I would say the color is closer to "20 year old tighty whities that just wont wash completely white anymore"

White pant stripe is playing the role of worn out elastic waistband.

I wonder how many of the players feel like fools when they dress up in all-bone dirty laundry. I figure most of them either don't give it a thought, or just have bad taste and like the uniforms, but there's definitely some who roll their eyes every Sunday

12 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

I wonder how many of the players feel like fools when they dress up in all-bone dirty laundry. I figure most of them either don't give it a thought, or just have bad taste and like the uniforms, but there's definitely some who roll their eyes every Sunday

I'd bet against that. They aren't members of this board. They probably don't care what they are wearing like we do.

32 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'd bet against that. They aren't members of this board. They probably don't care what they are wearing like we do.

99% of them only care about one color - green.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm not sure how many care, but when you see how fired up some players seem to get about new uniforms, I suspect the number is significant.  What we don't know is how many might actually think the bone uniforms are straight 🔥.

6 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I'm not sure how many care, but when you see how fired up some players seem to get about new uniforms, I suspect the number is significant.  What we don't is how many might actually think the bone uniforms are straight 🔥.

Do you really think so? I'm thinking in the moment of getting dressed for a game, the concern over the uniform is minimal if anything. Players are focusing on the task at hand, not how 'drip' they look.

I guess I am differentiating between game day and unveiling, which may or may not be appropriate 🙂

14 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Do you really think so? I'm thinking in the moment of getting dressed for a game, the concern over the uniform is minimal if anything. Players are focusing on the task at hand, not how 'drip' they look.

I guess I am differentiating between game day and unveiling, which may or may not be appropriate 🙂

I think there is a difference between gameday and the unveiling, but I'm confident there is still a group of players who absolutely care about the uniforms (or at least the way they look when they come out of the tunnel).  The overall uniform itself may be of less importance at that point since the decision has already been made about jerseys, pants, socks and helmets.  However, making sure the socks, undershirts and other items look just right is clearly important to many players (whether out of style, superstition or a little of both).

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Plenty of people who aren't on this board think the Rams look ridiculous, I don't see why one person on the roster wouldn't. It doesn't take any effort to have an opinion on what you're wearing

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

"Look good, feel good. Feel good, play good." Famous words from hall of fame receiver Jerry Rice

Rice was meticulous about his uniform .  He can't be the only one ever

5 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I'm not sure how many care, but when you see how fired up some players seem to get about new uniforms, I suspect the number is significant.  What we don't know is how many might actually think the bone uniforms are straight 🔥.

They like (or atleast pretend to like) that they are new uniforms. They don’t care what they look like.