Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/23/2020 at 8:40 AM, PlayGloria said:

This is a perfect example of the biggest issue with the Rams new set. It's not really about the new set being total garbage (which it is) but it's more about not living up to the standards that the Rams should and could have aesthetically. If the Jags or the Panthers put out a set in the realm of what the Rams just did, oh well. It's bad but it's not like they had a stout uniform history. But this is the RAMS. I remember as a kid collecting the gumball machine NFL helmets. The horn was so iconic. It's a shame really.

I didn't like the Rams' new unis when they were rolled out.  Seeing them on the field only made it worse.  They are just God-awful.  It thought I might like the lighter blue but the helmets are too shiny, the highlighter-yellow gets lost and the "bone" just looks like a dirty uniform.  And those gel-looking numbers...WTF awful.

While I didn't mind the early 2000's rework, the current set is best for the crapper.  The new ones made me immediately yearn for the classic look again.  Just...ugh.

5 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

The highlighter-yellow gets lost

Does it though? I don't think I've ever watched a Rams game this year and wondered where the yellow went, especially on the helmet and home uni. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Does it though? I don't think I've ever watched a Rams game this year and wondered where the yellow went, especially on the helmet and home uni. 

Eh, there's been a couple of games where the yellow horns looked white in the standard TV view. Hasn't been an issue on the uniforms but I was surprised it was that much of an issue on the helmet. Guess that's what I get for thinking that making the helmets royal blue was the only good part about this rebrand

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I mean, it is probably the all-time coolest football helmet design (The Ram horns). They didn’t need to reinvent the wheel on the unis. Why even have a gradient to white on the home numbers if you’re just going to Bone everything else?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Oh, these are BAD. Never thought I'd be wishing they'd have gone mono-Bone. Wouldn't be quite as bad if the socks contrasted, I have no idea why this yoga pants look is a trend

EDIT: Ok, looking at them in play from a distance, they're not as bad as when they go up close.

fiowXOD.png

It's ridiculous that the pants have a gradient stripe that is white on top - right against the bone.  

How was there no thought put into the mixing and matching?  It's easy to say that they weren't designed with that in mind, and fine - that's likely the case - but everyone knew from day one that they'd do it anyway.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it just me or do the Rams jerseys look particularly dingy in Seattle today? 

The white panel in the sleeve is more visible than usual for some reason. I don’t know ifs the camera or the Seattle light. Cripes, do I hate the Rams for :censored:ing up what should have been an easy uniform update.

12 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The white gradient makes the Rams’ bone and Seattle’s gray numbers look like they put the whites and colors in the same wash.

Exactly. The bone up close almost has a faint peach hue to it. 

I think the Rams look sweet today.

But also think the overall aesthetic is pretty drab. The all-blue Hawks always look better against teams wearing white.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

30 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think the Rams look sweet today.

But also think the overall aesthetic is pretty drab. The all-blue Hawks always look better against teams wearing white.

Which team is wearing white? 

It's funny that Nike had a... wait for it... boner this off season, and didn't push the obvious move and try to influence the Browns to swap white for bone.  It would look great with either of their tops, and would be nice as pants color to wear with either top.  They could eliminate white from everything.

We don't know that Nike didn't bring this to the Browns, but that would have made a lot more sense than bringing it to a team in Los goddam Angeles.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BBTV said:

It's funny that Nike had a... wait for it... boner this off season, and didn't push the obvious move and try to influence the Browns to swap white for bone.  It would look great with either of their tops, and would be nice as pants color to wear with either top.  They could eliminate white from everything.

We don't know that Nike didn't bring this to the Browns, but that would have made a lot more sense than bringing it to a team in Los goddam Angeles.

I’d be okay with Nike giving Washington a shrug towards bone/off-white over white.

Chances are that no matter what name they choose to go with, Washington’s uniforms will likely retain a traditional look to them.

I don't know if I'd like bone + yellow, so I'mma have to say no to WFT getting boned.

In a world in which some team needed a bone, Cleveland makes the most sense, followed by nobody. 

I think the Cardinals could work in bone with a redesign, but they'd have to go with bone domes too, and I'm not sure how that would look.  My gut says matte bone might be awesome and match well with bone fabrics... and it could just as easily be a disaster.

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Which team is wearing white? 

Neither, which is why I said the overall aesthetic was drab today. Thought that was clear.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Didn't you get a bone jersey?  How's it look IRL?

Archived