OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

On 1/9/2021 at 4:06 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I did! Looks not great!  I was expecting khaki but it's actually more dirty.

But are you at least experiencing more social praise and attention from the opposite sex as part of repping such a distinguished Lifestyle Brand??

When the Rams wear the blue socks with their bone uniform, I equate it to when any team wears colored socks that match their helmet color with their white uniforms, or in Seattle’s case, the grey uniforms as well. More often than not, they all look good, IMO.

19 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The Rams have now used all their possible combinations

Best Look

spacer.png

I really like this picture. It almost makes these unis look good.

Almost

4 hours ago, joekono said:

Yeah, I didn't really mean for this to look navy but it does. I was going for royal(ironically, I hated the navy movement too). Thanks for pointing it out though. 

No worries. Aside from the shade of blue it's pretty much a perfect Rams set. 

3 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

But are you at least experiencing more social praise and attention from the opposite sex as part of repping such a distinguished Lifestyle Brand??

Maybe if I ever leave my house again. You never know.

21 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

No worries. Aside from the shade of blue it's pretty much a perfect Rams set. 

BTW. your avatar is one of the best on the board!!!

17 hours ago, joekono said:

Was THIS really hard to do? Even stripes on the socks, Holy S&*t!!!!!

r/LosAngelesRams - Concept of Rams new uniforms (Yellow being alternate)

Pretty much perfect. Could lighten the blue a tad but only a tad, flip the colors on the white pants stripe, and make the NOB on the blue jersey white. Then it is spot-on perfect

22 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Second worst uniform of all time behind the same set but with the dirty laundry socks

I guess maybe I'll get some flack for this, and I know this is all opinion based. But this really feels like a scorching hot take when the NFL has seen uniforms from the early 2000s. I'd gladly take this Rams look over the red/royal/white/navy/nickel Bills or the "swooshy" pipe-and-panel Vikings. The early 2000s were an era of "just because you can do it doesn't mean you should." To be clear, I am by no means saying that the Rams' uniforms are good. There's a lot of room for improvement. However, I don't think even the all off-white look is "the worst uniform of all time".

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I don't mind those Vikings unis tbh

As a Vikings fan, what they had before was superior and did not need to be changed. The new set is a modern classic and should never be changed. Lots of people on this site hate the custom font, but Vikings fans love it.

Give me the Bills or Vikings in those uniforms any day over the Rams.. I just can’t stand them the only combo I can tolerate is blue & yellow but even that just makes you know it could be so much better..

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

As a Vikings fan, what they had before was superior and did not need to be changed. The new set is a modern classic and should never be changed. Lots of people on this site hate the custom font, but Vikings fans love it.

1. Rams
2. Vikings
3. Bills 

I just don't know how you could compare the dumpster fire of the Bledsoe Bills to today's Rams. Is the bone a disappointment? Sure. But replace that with white, get rid of the gradient, and the unis are fine - as opposed to pretty much every element of that Bills uniform sucking.

And also, no team should ever use navy again. Not as an accent color, and certainly not as a primary.

1 hour ago, JustForFun said:

replace that with white, get rid of the gradient, and the unis are fine - as opposed to pretty much every element of that Bills uniform sucking.

but if you're going to say that, then you could say the same about the Bills - "get rid of the yoke and drop all the navy and it's fine".

You can't do that.

3 hours ago, JustForFun said:

And also, no team should ever use navy again. Not as an accent color, and certainly not as a primary.

It's a little early for hot take season, but we got one!

3 hours ago, JustForFun said:

Those are fightin' words, son

4 hours ago, JustForFun said:

I just don't know how you could compare the dumpster fire of the Bledsoe Bills to today's Rams.

As bad as those road jerseys were - and the ugly monochrome combos that the Bills insisted on wearing in that era - at least there was some consistency to those uniforms and none of their jerseys and pants looked like they were literally unwashed.

I'd argue that this looks better than anything the Rams could put together with their current eyesores:

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I guess maybe I'll get some flack for this, and I know this is all opinion based. But this really feels like a scorching hot take when the NFL has seen uniforms from the early 2000s. I'd gladly take this Rams look over the red/royal/white/navy/nickel Bills or the "swooshy" pipe-and-panel Vikings. The early 2000s were an era of "just because you can do it doesn't mean you should." To be clear, I am by no means saying that the Rams' uniforms are good. There's a lot of room for improvement. However, I don't think even the all off-white look is "the worst uniform of all time".

spacer.png

For a uniform that exhibited very little restraint, especially when it comes to color choices, these jerseys stand out to me as bare, especially on the shoulders. I'm surprised they didn't try to slap another Buffalo logo on the sleeves and move the numbers to the shoulders. 

That's not to say I approve of such things. But with the train wreck that these were, there were plenty of opportunities to make it much worse. 

You can't give credit to a uniform the Bills barely wore.

The 2002 Bills looked as create-a-team as possible. They didn't even put a logo on the uniform!