OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 1/10/2021 at 6:53 PM, DNAsports said:

 

spacer.png
 

 

spacer.png

These two are their best road options. Just tuck in your damn shirts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

 

As bad as those road jerseys were - and the ugly monochrome combos that the Bills insisted on wearing in that era - at least there was some consistency to those uniforms and none of their jerseys and pants looked like they were literally unwashed.

 

I'd argue that this looks better than anything the Rams could put together with their current eyesores:

 

spacer.png

 

Really? Just upthread the Rams in blue/blue/yellow is leagues better than this garbage. Beyond the many horrible design elements (squared yoke pipping with poor contrast, extra stripes on the helmet, side panel that doesn't even match the pants) that set amazingly looks nothing like a Bills uniform. If not for the helmet logo, there's nothing there that says Bills, either aesthetically or literally. At least with the rams you have the horn, the sleeve (it's worse on the bone of course), and a nametag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I'd have a problem with bone if they hadn't put white on the uniform as well. Like come on, I don't have to get a degree in design to know that white and off-white touching is a very bad idea. So why did these people think it was fine? It's the most baffling decision of them all, and that's saying something when there are gradients involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we really comparing the Bills piping disaster and the Rams current boners? They both belong burning in a dumpster somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JustForFun said:

And also, no team should ever use navy again. Not as an accent color, and certainly not as a primary.

The...

Bears

Seahawks

Texans

Titans

Patriots

and Cowboys...

should all (and currently do) use navy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

 

Really? Just upthread the Rams in blue/blue/yellow is leagues better than this garbage. Beyond the many horrible design elements (squared yoke pipping with poor contrast, extra stripes on the helmet, side panel that doesn't even match the pants) that set amazingly looks nothing like a Bills uniform. If not for the helmet logo, there's nothing there that says Bills, either aesthetically or literally. At least with the rams you have the horn, the sleeve (it's worse on the bone of course), and a nametag.

 

I think people are caught up in the moment.


The 2002 Bills were an all-time disaster that showed no innovation in any way at all, except in mismatching boring elements that were done better with other teams in other leagues. It improved upon nothing from the previous set, and was a regression in every single way.

 

Yes, people like to pile on with bone, etc, but, honestly, what's better:

 

This?

ifpaikhipucxqqbjwruz

 

Or this:

a4d01f1545034329b1a6c3cdf0b00c59.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

I think people are caught up in the moment.


The 2002 Bills were an all-time disaster that showed no innovation in any way at all, except in mismatching boring elements that were done better with other teams in other leagues. It improved upon nothing from the previous set, and was a regression in every single way.

 

Yes, people like to pile on with bone, etc, but, honestly, what's better:

 

This?

ifpaikhipucxqqbjwruz

 

Or this:

a4d01f1545034329b1a6c3cdf0b00c59.jpg

 

Considering the context that one went through years of design with the intention of it being a permanent uniform for 5+ years and the other was intended to be a fill the gap as they waited for said new design (while also trying to distance themselves from the previous city)...

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

I think people are caught up in the moment.


The 2002 Bills were an all-time disaster that showed no innovation in any way at all, except in mismatching boring elements that were done better with other teams in other leagues. It improved upon nothing from the previous set, and was a regression in every single way.

 

Yes, people like to pile on with bone, etc, but, honestly, what's better:

 

This?

ifpaikhipucxqqbjwruz

 

Or this:

a4d01f1545034329b1a6c3cdf0b00c59.jpg

It still pisses me off that they wore these horrible mismatched monstrosities for literally no reason at all. They switched the helmet, but not the uniforms, only to never make a complete set. It looked terrible. And then when they finally made a cohesive set, they went a completely different direction. This era of Rams uniforms was pointless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think people are caught up in the moment.

 

Exactly this, people are way more critical of the Rams uniforms than they are of any other uniforms for a few reasons:

 

- Everyone dreamed of them wearing one of their iconic uniforms from the past (previous throwbacks, fearsome foursome, yellow primary from the painting).
 

- They follow fashion trends, that isn't inherently good or bad IMO. I actually like the idea of the LA Rams taking up a trendy identity but the NFL would have to be way more flexible for them to pull it off. If the Rams could release a new uniform on alternating years like MLS or NBA City uniforms this could be a really great and fashion forward identity for them. But let's face it, fashion forward is BAD for a lot of the posters on these boards, there are probably a lot more people on these boards wearing New Balance and boot cut jeans than wearing an Off White track suit. That's fine too, but following a trend like that was never going to be popular here. 

 

- They are NEW and not great. The base BBY/BBoneY/BBoneB combos are miles better than the alarm clock Bucs, piping disaster Cardinals, Falcons, Bills, etc., previous Browns, Bengals, and others. If all of these uniforms came out at the same time the Rams would probably sneak by as meh. 

 

All that said, there are a lot of problems but I think it would be an easy fix by eliminating the patch, removing the segments on the horn, and removing all white from the uniform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JTernup said:

 All that said, there are a lot of problems but I think it would be an easy fix by eliminating the patch, removing the segments on the horn, and removing all white from the uniform. 


Agreed, but remove all bone instead of white. Bone is the biggest mistake of the set, as it should have been designated for one of the alternates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the current Rams are cursed with too many options. If they could simplify to be just blue over yellow and bone over blue, it would go a long way toward people accepting the look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think the current Rams are cursed with too many options. If they could simplify to be just blue over yellow and bone over blue, it would go a long way toward people accepting the look.


I think, for the vast majority anyway, "acceptance" isn't an option. It's now trying to find a way to tolerate the look for 4+ more years until a redesign can happen, but this whole scheme they decided to go with isn't going to be accepted at any point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The...

Bears

Seahawks

Texans

Titans

Patriots

and Cowboys...

should all (and currently do) use navy.

Almost all of these teams would improve by getting rid of the navy, the most overused color in all sports.

 

The Bears started out with navy, and still look great, despite the Broncos poaching their colors. The Seahawks and Patriots changed to navy due to the fact that all blue colors in the NFL turned to navy around 2000 - throw them back. The Texans look 100% generic with their boring navy uniforms. The Titans should have kept the Oilers colors. The Cowboys are a disaster and should use the royal blue, not the navy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lights Out said:

 

As bad as those road jerseys were - and the ugly monochrome combos that the Bills insisted on wearing in that era - at least there was some consistency to those uniforms and none of their jerseys and pants looked like they were literally unwashed.

 

I'd argue that this looks better than anything the Rams could put together with their current eyesores:

 

spacer.png


These are a solid “so bad they’re almost good”

 

Better than bone, but worse than Rams blue over yellow IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

 

For a uniform that exhibited very little restraint, especially when it comes to color choices, these jerseys stand out to me as bare, especially on the shoulders. I'm surprised they didn't try to slap another Buffalo logo on the sleeves and move the numbers to the shoulders. 

 

That's not to say I approve of such things. But with the train wreck that these were, there were plenty of opportunities to make it much worse. 

Man, could you imagine the flack this uniform would get on this board NOW!!!

spacer.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 7:53 PM, DNAsports said:

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

Ah, the Rams versus the Jets, in the "What The Hell Are You Doing? Bowl", as both teams feature hideously deformed takes on what could be great uniforms, such as those on display in this beautiful matchup.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

 

 

Ah, the Rams versus the Jets, in the "What The Hell Are You Doing? Bowl", as both teams feature hideously deformed takes on what could be great uniforms, such as those on display in this beautiful matchup.

 

I'm not going to pretend the Jets updates are better than those '80s uniforms, but they've grown on me. It probably has more to do with their predecessors, and the horrible mismatched shades of green over the years, that these look so vibrant every time I see them on TV. The color is gorgeous. 

 

I say this also understanding that the wordmark with the football shoehorned in the middle is ridiculous and they should have updated or just re-adopted the '80s Jet logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've really been despising the Rams bone uniforms but for some reason they looked good tonight.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.