Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

On 1/29/2021 at 12:02 AM, colortv said:

rams-dolphins-football-51106.jpg

Just catching up on this thread now and after a season has gone by, I see what they were attempting with horn on the helmets with trying to make it have depth (be 3D? I don't really know what to properly call the effect they were going for), but the execution was way off. The segmented look happens because the line creating the effect is the same colour as the helmet, so the effect is lost and it looks like a crescent moon and then another shape which I don't know what to call.

(The bone still sucks just as much as it did when it was unveiled and maybe even more so now that a season has gone by)

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if they made the horn like the numbers, where there's no blue showing and the segment is just like a slightly darker yellow?  Maybe even do the gradient?  

One of you monkeys should mock that up - it might lend a little more cohesion to the design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/30/2021 at 2:29 PM, chcarlson23 said:

Sure the Rams are and old team, but they’ve never felt that old and traditional to me. And for many fans in LA, they are a new team. They grew up without any football team, and now they have two. I get that this is not at all what everyone expected, with the Rams trying to update their look, but the previous royal blue throwback/home look needed work too.

I think that's what this rebrand boils down to. They knew that the existing fanbase left over from their first stint in the city would support the team no matter how they looked. They decided to try and come up with a trendy, modern look to attract the young generation of football fans in the city who didn't have a pre-existing attachment to the team. 

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

What if they made the horn like the numbers, where there's no blue showing and the segment is just like a slightly darker yellow?  Maybe even do the gradient?  

One of you monkeys should mock that up - it might lend a little more cohesion to the design.

GXHmthM.png

I ain't saying it's good, but it's certainly more consistent.

fiowXOD.png

19 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Also, I forgot to mention it but the only time the Rams’ yellow looks like highlighter to me is on the pants. The yellow they went with actually looks really nice in digital applications and on the helmet and jersey. To me the mismatch the pants have seems to be a manufacturing problem more-so than a deliberate design decision. 

When they unveiled the new uniforms, the specifically mentioned that "Sol" is brighter than their throwback athletic gold.

bca61d64cf359582ea8f50218c3cab88.jpg

It actually happens to be the difference between "gold" and "yellow".

27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

When they unveiled the new uniforms, the specifically mentioned that "Sol" is brighter than their throwback athletic gold.

The top shades are miles better than the bottom ones. I'm not sure how anyone can feel any different. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I agree - I find the top ones richer.

I don't actually mind the yellow "Sol", but think it would absolutely need to be paired with the darker royal.  

Yep, it's two bright shades that somewhat clash with each other, competing for attention. Royal and athletic gold are already perfect, the highlight-ifying of the colors was yet another misstep of the rebrand.

the user formerly known as cdclt

58 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The top shades are miles better than the bottom ones. I'm not sure how anyone can feel any different. 

I like the new blue and the older gold.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

GXHmthM.png

Thanks.  I think if shown with the blue jersey, it'd look really good.  Not as good as ditching the gimmick altogether, but better than what they went to prod with.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Yes, looking at those digital versions, I honestly really like the new blue & yellow. The yellow is just warm enough for me, and the blue is nice and bright. 

However, when translated to on the field, the yellow pants (and sleeve stripes) end up having this almost greenish tint to them, making them look sickly instead of warm.

Although I appreciate the effort to try and brighten things a bit, they probably should have just played it safe and stuck with the original colors.

On 2/1/2021 at 4:47 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

GXHmthM.png

Better.  But the Bone still sucks and the yellow crescent whatever just gets lost on the jersey.  It looks like some threw it in as an overcrowded afterthought.  Or someone squirted mustard on him.

Personally, I love the new blue...it really stands out as a unique color.  They need to go to a matte helmet IMHO and ditch the gel numbers.

On 2/1/2021 at 3:28 PM, BBTV said:

I agree with this concept and @ramsjetsthunder did a great mockup. The look feels like there are too many ideas. The segmented horn doesn't really jive with a gradient, it's clashing concepts that are trying to do the same thing of giving the horn/logo depth. If they chose one element to feature (and I'd propose getting rid of the segments), it'd be a more sensible modern look instead of a mess.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:56 AM, LogoFan said:

Sorry if this has been brought up before but it just struck me this morning.  Funny the things you notice while on a long hold during a client call. 

I just can't unsee it now.  Right down to the gradient.

spacer.png

So is the above logo (white w/blue outline) the logo when on a white background? Because I’ve seen ESPN and others use this onespacer.png

Archived