Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

The white gradient on the pants doesn't go with a yellow jersey, but make it solid and we're in business.  Also lose the sleeve numbers and put the blue arch there.  And the silly "hello my name is" gimmick needs to go.  They should have a yellow jersey though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/26/2021 at 3:55 PM, Ridleylash said:

Unless you have bone gray next to stark white on your own damn jersey, like the Rams do;

spacer.png

Look at the difference between the white on the sleeves and the body's bone gray. It's pretty friggin' obvious.

To be fair...

to be fair GIF

The white panels are the only thing that visually links the bone jersey and pants to the other uniform pieces, because the socks, shoes, and helmets almost always include parts that are white by default.

Doesn’t look great, but all bone with no white might be even worse on the whole.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, Gothamite said:

I hear that a lot, but it doesn’t make any sense. 

Counterfeiters can recreate proprietary fabrics, they can match colors, duplicate custom fonts with ease, and somehow we think they’ll be stymied by vector logos they can download from a hundred sites on the web?

Those logos are there for retail jerseys, to promote the brand when worn with street clothes.  Neck collar logos are particularly intended to show when a jersey is worn under a jacket.  Deterring counterfeiters doesn’t even enter into it.

Counter to your point, while custom type *can* be replicated, counterfeiters generally don’t do a good job of it, and the type is by far one of the easiest ways to spot a fake.

In support of your point, however, they don’t even get block numbers correct, so maybe it’s more work than is necessary. 😂 Fakes can also be spotted by the production and finish in most cases.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:39 AM, ManillaToad said:

What does "more modern" mean?

“Less traditional.”

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 2/5/2021 at 7:04 PM, colortv said:

It’s curious how furious the reaction was

to the logo after all the market research the Rams must have done.

After Chicago Fire case I'm not sure if Rams even made any market research. Anyway alternate logo isn't bad.

4r2eer.png

On 2/5/2021 at 6:05 PM, colortv said:

A helmet as the logo would be the lamest thing IMO.

When you have a team whose primary logo isn't on the helmets, is it the worst thing? You could do what television partners used to do and use an isolated helmet horn as the logo, but then that looks weird and decontextualized without a blue background, and once you add that, you've basically just made a helmet logo.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:26 PM, Old School Fool said:

They didn't want to do what everybody else does.

they'd much rather be originaux

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

When you have a team whose primary logo isn't on the helmets, is it the worst thing? 

Maybe not the worst thing, but it is not good.

30fd6a54-82e6-4d8e-96e5-4107b437d44a_1.a

I think the facemask looks especially weird when rendered in embroidery.

A non-helmet logo looks better and more consistent with the rest of the NFL team hats

ff_2814772_full.jpg&w=340

As we've discussed on here before, the solution for the Browns is to design a logo that uses an anachronistic helmet model rather than a leaguewide template so that it is recognizable as a distinct primary and not the absence of a logo. Brownie is a fine enough secondary but the plain helmet is the brand at this point. You just have to do a little more work with that fact.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

As we've discussed on here before, the solution for the Browns is to design a logo that uses an anachronistic helmet model rather than a leaguewide template so that it is recognizable as a distinct primary and not the absence of a logo. 

Do you mean something like this one?

2og6i7byir43vekj2eis.gif

I could get behind that.  It is simple yet effective and reflects their long NFL past

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

As we've discussed on here before, the solution for the Browns is to design a logo that uses an anachronistic helmet model rather than a leaguewide template so that it is recognizable as a distinct primary and not the absence of a logo. Brownie is a fine enough secondary but the plain helmet is the brand at this point. You just have to do a little more work with that fact.

A couple concepters successfully done this.  IIRC, someone made a helmet out of a C and B that didn't look forced.  I'm about to attempt to use the search "feature" to find these... wish me luck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for, but these may fit the bill:

From our pal Fraser Davidson:

https://dribbble.com/shots/202914-Cleveland-Browns-Logo-Concept

browns1.png

From @eRay

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/121710-cleveland-browns-logos-uniforms/?tab=comments#comment-3098692

geSBcMB.jpg

While not a helmet, there's charm to the simple "our name is our logo" concept here by @Go Red Sox!

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/114889-nfl-cleveland-browns-primary-logo-rebrand/?tab=comments#comment-2882542

Cleveland_Browns_primary_logo.png

Found this from "Gridiron Labs" which is also pretty nice:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/57772807699948542/

4e05819c141f11b37a516420fed8828d.jpg

Archived