Quick & Dirty Rams Logo Fix

8BW14

So I whipped up a quick and dirty fix for the Rams LA logo. I don’t actually dislike the overall concept of the logo, but I think the execution of the idea is terrible. 

The problems:

-Gradients-yuck, have fun reproducing that for embroidery and screen printing 

-Shadows-early 2000s web design wants their crutch back and it

*the first two problems also create the problem of having waaay too many colors.

-Doesn’t look good on multiple backgrounds/requires too many color and outline changes

-The segmentation of the horn creates a crescent moon shape that I can’t unsee now that it’s been pointed out to me.

The solution: first off, I ditched the gradients, getting the logo down to two/three colors depending on the application

I also got made the horn one continuous piece. Also, because I ditched the gradients, the logo is all one color with a shadow on the horn to give it some depth. Honestly, I could take it leave the shading on the horn, but it might be a little flat without it.

Anyway, this was like a 10 minute fix, but I think it makes the logo fit in much more with its contemporaries in the NFL and professional sports as a whole.

spacer.png

I'm in full agreement that the logo in itself isn't bad but the execution is a complete fail.  Your tweaks made the logo so much better.  The horn looks 100x better, and the outlining of the L in LA makes it pop better as well.  And yes, the ram head looks better like that, too.  That shading is so much better than the segment and gradient on both the logo and the head.  Nice job!

LA Rams organization, take notice of this!

Archived