Reyes47

Least Favorite old school uniforms?

On 3/25/2020 at 8:53 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm not sure that Patriots set can be considered "old school".  At the time, it was wild and crazy.

One of mine is the old Phoenix cardinals, with the unnecessarily-long sleeves that had both the logo and the state flag on them.  It looks like they took a normal uniform with a logo on the sleeve, then had a seamstress add material just to get the flag on there.  It's partially a carryover from their last St. Louis look, but this was eggregious.

hqdefault.jpg   61YX9ev9QhL._AC_SY445_.jpg

I remember liking the flag then.  But it looks awful now and messes up the stripes.

The original Florida Marlins uniforms have too much teal.

AzHmW02.jpg

Their next set is perfect.

0411_tym_edgar_renteria_1280x720_1489249

You have it backwards :P Second set is a major downgrade *runs off to unpopular opinions thread*
Also

From the archives: New Hall of Famer Craig Biggio - Mangin ...

I actually like the Branding, but the Uniforms are so bland.

27 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

You have it backwards :P Second set is a major downgrade *runs off to unpopular opinions thread*
Also

Beats what the Astros wore after that:

spacer.png

These uniforms were bland and the branding just wasn't there. It wasn't the Astros. Heck, they were supposed to rename to the Houston Diesels with the new colors.

Never liked this look, 

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Doorman said:

Beats what the Astros wore after that:

spacer.png

These uniforms were bland and the branding just wasn't there. It wasn't the Astros. Heck, they were supposed to rename to the Houston Diesels with the new colors.

Nah they look fine and hey striping!

Also D'Backs should have used that color scheme instead of what they have now.

48 minutes ago, Doorman said:

Heck, they were supposed to rename to the Houston Diesels

I remember that potential rebranding. It was going to accompany the move to the new ballpark in 2000. As I recall, Houston Buffs and Houston Wildcatters were also under consideration. 

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

I remember that potential rebranding. It was going to accompany the move to the new ballpark in 2000. As I recall, Houston Buffs and Houston Wildcatters were also under consideration. 

The this board started that whole “South Texas Railmen” story (not Buffs, Wildcatters, or Diesel - not Diesels), which has no evidence outside of here.

I don't recall whether this was the article I read going on 23 years ago (Wow, time flies!), but it gives a nice rundown of the details surrounding the change that was considered.

Houston Business Journal - So long, Astros! Hello, Diesels? Wildcatters? Buffs?

Frankly, sticking with Astros was the right choice. Now, that said, Astros wasn't particularly well-served by the palette, logos, and uniforms that accompanied it from 2000 through 2012.  

On 4/1/2020 at 12:46 PM, Davidellias said:

I love the late 90s Astros set. It's such a shame they abandoned them so soon. It's a modern classic. 

On 4/1/2020 at 2:02 PM, Davidellias said:

Nah they look fine and hey striping!

Also D'Backs should have used that color scheme instead of what they have now.

They did and then went back to adding teal to differentiate themselves.

I'm sure this is blasphemous in some circles, but..I was never a fan of these. The waist striping is too prominent and runs up too high, making the logo look scrunched; the contrast-color shoulder yoke with thick white outline is garish; and the pants striping doesn't match anything else.

1bef02d980d1ac7c98aa1bd5dd8aa9d5.jpg

Pacers Jerseys Through The Years | Indiana Pacers

I always felt these looked a little too busy. I usually enjoy pinstripes on basketball uniforms but, these just look like a mess

2 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I always felt these looked a little too busy. I usually enjoy pinstripes on basketball uniforms but, these just look like a mess

I think pinstripes work on very rare occasions (in any sport, but certainly basketball) and this is not one of them. For reference, I find the Magic's classic set to be overrated and the Bulls red pinstripes to be an abomination. 

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

I think pinstripes work on very rare occasions (in any sport, but certainly basketball) and this is not one of them. For reference, I find the Magic's classic set to be overrated and the Bulls red pinstripes to be an abomination. 

The only basketball team that belongs in pinstripes are the Hornets, thank you very much.

17 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I'll defend this era of Pacers uniform to the death.  These looked incredible on TV, and the court at formerly Conseco Fieldhouse was a beaut.

gettyimages-72965642-2_0.jpg

Yea I didn't understand two teams having basically the same unique color set at the same time (HOU/AZ).   It's not like they were the common red and blue.