Least Favorite old school uniforms?

On 4/8/2020 at 3:05 PM, CherryMX said:

I'll defend this era of Pacers uniform to the death.  These looked incredible on TV, and the court at formerly Conseco Fieldhouse was a beaut.

gettyimages-72965642-2_0.jpg

I’ve always liked those too (except for the gold ones that looked like the replica version). But I preferred the “losing in the ECF” court 

spacer.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/25/2020 at 3:53 PM, Reyes47 said:

I feel most people really like the older uniform sets but i’m curious which older sets you dislike. Now to avoid the low hanging fruit like the Steelers bees or the Broncos brown and yellow I’m limiting it from the 1966 merger to the 90s. By far my least favorite has to be the 90s patriots uniforms with the giant logos on the shoulders. I feel it could’ve worked but the execution was atrocious. The current designs are OK but way better than these disasters spacer.png

I wouldn't mind these w/o the Elvis on the shoulders. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• 2 weeks later...

To follow up on the Nordiques talk, I've been watching some of the Nords-Habs series from '93. First things first, those Forum and Colisee crowds were white-hot with minimal to no prompting as we know it today. But more than that, you really appreciate the simplicity of the Nordiques' uniforms when they're in motion. The cuff/hem//sock stripes have a way of clearly defining all the elements, the powder blue stands out well against the ice, and the fleur-de-lis around the hem wrap around nicely. I've felt for a long time that a Nordiques team that stayed around should have redesigned to incorporate more characteristically Quebec City elements, but now I'm not so sure they weren't fine as they were.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

To follow up on the Nordiques talk, I've been watching some of the Nords-Habs series from '93. First things first, those Forum and Colisee crowds were white-hot with minimal to no prompting as we know it today. But more than that, you really appreciate the simplicity of the Nordiques' uniforms when they're in motion. The cuff/hem//sock stripes have a way of clearly defining all the elements, the powder blue stands out well against the ice, and the fleur-de-lis around the hem wrap around nicely. I've felt for a long time that a Nordiques team that stayed around should have redesigned to incorporate more characteristically Quebec City elements, but now I'm not so sure they weren't fine as they were.

What would you describe as "more characteristically Quebec City elements"?

Striping based on the crenelated trim on the city flag, numbers that would suggest the Old City, a logo that's less 1970s and more 1770s.

39 minutes ago, Krudler said:

I love the Nordiques unis. Never really liked the logo. If QC ever got a team back do you think they call themselves or go something new?

I think it goes without saying.  An NHL team in Quebec City would be the Nordiques, just as sure as a team moving to Winnipeg was gonna be the Jets.

4 hours ago, Krudler said:

I love the Nordiques unis. Never really liked the logo. If QC ever got a team back do you think they call themselves or go something new?

It wouldn't even be up for discussion. 

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Striping based on the crenelated trim on the city flag, numbers that would suggest the Old City, a logo that's less 1970s and more 1770s.

The Quebec Remparts used to use the "crenelated" (thank you for the new word!) city flag pattern as striping...it looked sharp.

Center Ice Collectibles - 2002-03 Quebec Remparts Memorial Cup ...512ZjJBLF9L._AC_SY445_.jpgs-l400.jpg

On 4/27/2020 at 3:02 PM, the admiral said:

To follow up on the Nordiques talk, I've been watching some of the Nords-Habs series from '93. First things first, those Forum and Colisee crowds were white-hot with minimal to no prompting as we know it today.

FUN FACT: at least in this game, Nordiques fans cheered through the anthem just like Blackhawks fans do, but their noise factor screwed up the singer and organist even more than the United Center crowd does. I'm watching the Television Quatre-Saisons telecast to see how much of my French I can get back by watching with closed-captioning on. The public address announcer gives a big speech about one of Quebec's greatest singers regaling them with her presence, and I'm expecting Celine, but it's some big fat woman I've never heard of in a blue sequined robe, and then together they all deliver just a tremendous botch, organ Lynchianly out of tune, and she shuffles off the ice without waving or smiling. The play-by-play guy then says "the Colisee turned into Chicago," so maybe it was a one-off. Charming, though.

• 4 weeks later...

This:

30OS0QYa_67ea02IA9IeYdbfcSVqlk-SxzH1DcXC 8579-4Fr.jpg IMG_5912429.jpg?v=1533671306

pi?p=poster3x4&h=600&a=fc34548ea084e1a8d38e6e606aaca280-1b6a67714b260b33$0.9506486880466473,0.9071428571428571,-0.01763232912212504,-0.007142857142857143,0 1a5aa952f1900c5e7e55a18c76630717.jpg

BO-RING!   That S on the cap was just a basic text font with a little shadow dropping. Not a dam thing in the whole package to reference the  name of the team-- no sea, no sailors, no trident, no ship, no navigation reference.  And the whole forced notions of trying to call them the "M's", like the A's--- who came up with that?

It is what it is.

6 hours ago, B-Rich said:

This:

30OS0QYa_67ea02IA9IeYdbfcSVqlk-SxzH1DcXC 8579-4Fr.jpg IMG_5912429.jpg?v=1533671306

pi?p=poster3x4&h=600&a=fc34548ea084e1a8d38e6e606aaca280-1b6a67714b260b33$0.9506486880466473,0.9071428571428571,-0.01763232912212504,-0.007142857142857143,0 1a5aa952f1900c5e7e55a18c76630717.jpg

BO-RING!   That S on the cap was just a basic text font with a little shadow dropping. Not a dam thing in the whole package to reference the  name of the team-- no sea, no sailors, no trident, no ship, no navigation reference.  And the whole forced notions of trying to call them the "M's", like the A's--- who came up with that?

Given there isn't a great way to shorten the moniker, "M's" does not bother me as a nickname, but it was dumb to push that onto a logo. I've never really liked any of the team's monograms aside from the trident, but at least the current S is on theme.

Archived