MLB x NIKE, TAKE II

MJD7

The jersey designs in here are all so clean looking and the presentation is great. Some of my favorite things:

1. The D-Backs color scheme just works. I was not sure if I was into it when I saw it on the logo, but on the uniform it's great. And that purple jersey is probably the best jersey you've shown so far. I love it.

2. The red Braves jersey just balances the colors so well, and the wordmark pops on the front of the shirt. 

3. I wish it had white pants, but the black jersey and hat combo with the O's logos is perfect. That logo is underrated to me, and just letting the black and orange do the heavy lifting works really well.

4. I like the removal of the pinstripes and the heavier emphasis on gray with the White Sox home jersey.

The only thing I'm not digging so far is the numbers on the Rockies jerseys. I get that they match closely with the logo/wordmark. But maybe the logo/wordmark could use tweaking too. For the purple and black jerseys, those white outlines just do too much.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 4:31 PM, Hawkeye15 said:

The jersey designs in here are all so clean looking and the presentation is great. Some of my favorite things:

1. The D-Backs color scheme just works. I was not sure if I was into it when I saw it on the logo, but on the uniform it's great. And that purple jersey is probably the best jersey you've shown so far. I love it.

2. The red Braves jersey just balances the colors so well, and the wordmark pops on the front of the shirt. 

3. I wish it had white pants, but the black jersey and hat combo with the O's logos is perfect. That logo is underrated to me, and just letting the black and orange do the heavy lifting works really well.

4. I like the removal of the pinstripes and the heavier emphasis on gray with the White Sox home jersey.

The only thing I'm not digging so far is the numbers on the Rockies jerseys. I get that they match closely with the logo/wordmark. But maybe the logo/wordmark could use tweaking too. For the purple and black jerseys, those white outlines just do too much.

Thank you for the thorough feedback! I truly appreciate it!

I understand your critiques about the Rockies numbers. It’s interesting, I’d agree with your opinion that the Rockies logo and wordmark could use some tweaking, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a concept that I feel that has for sure improved on it, you know? It’s a weird situation. I’ll maybe try and see what I can do though.

I’ll try to get the Tigers up tomorrow.

Here are the Tigers:

Logos

The main difference here is that orange is more infused into the regular look. The "Tigers" wordmark also makes an appearance on a jersey for the first time.

fZr8UrB.png

Uniforms

The home uniform now has an orange outline around the logo and orange piping, while I removed the white outline from the away jersey.

CRyixTV.png

The Cooperstown Collection is based off of the one-year 1960 Tigers home uniform, and the Spring Training utilizes more orange based off of an 80's BP jersey.

n57YyxC.png

That's the Tigers! The Astros will be up next.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 9:34 PM, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

These are great!  Keep it up!!

On 5/15/2020 at 1:13 PM, Vincady said:

The tigers needed the orange look, great job!

Thank you both! The Astros will be up shortly.

Here are the Houston Astros:

Logos

As a small tweak, the silver beveling on the "H" is removed. I added a bit of a tequila sunrise/stripe gradient around the primary logo, and this same striping pattern makes its way into the shooting star of the wordmark, inspired by @SFGiants58's iteration, as you can see here. The colors of the wordmark on the orange jersey flip, now white with a navy outline, and the navy jersey has white letters with no outline to match the cap logo.

t6CC3Ue.png

Uniforms

The 3-stripe "gradient" also makes its way to the sleeves, pants and socks. To balance out those warm colors, I decided to keep things more navy-heavy this time around for the primaries.

WmTEwSK.png

As previously stated, both alternates now have white letters, which helps the team distinguish from the Tigers, especially on the orange alt.

78uZzyR.png

An orange cap, sock, and undersleeves option is added to be worn on occasion at home, most likely for Fridays and/or afternoon games.

pdGqBJF.png

The Cooperstown Collection is based off of the Tequila Sunrise design, and the Spring Training jersey features the H-star logo and a cap with the sunrise pattern.

8aXnbrO.png

The Kansas City Royals will be up next. Thanks for checking this out!

• Like 13

I like all of the uniforms for Houston.  I wonder though, what if for the blue alternate, you brought in the tequila sunrise design, and than put the star with the H logo instead of the regular star, and then your new Houston word mark. Just an idea for a sort of "updated" one, and since I don't have the design chops, I have come to you!

• Like 1

I absolutely love this Stros set!!  However, the trail on the shooting star on the orange jersey just doesn’t look right with white mixed in there.  I understand why you did it though, so the orange doesn’t disappear on the orange jersey.  Have you thought about maybe doing it in a blue gradient instead?

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 4/15/2020 at 7:38 PM, MJD7 said:

I didn't want to infringe too much on @SFGiants58's black and red set (check it out if you haven't already), but red would indeed look good with the Cooperstown uniforms in particular.

140SCF5.png

I also have a couple of "outtake" Cooperstown Collection uniforms that use the black & red scheme, one based on the 1950's set where it came from and one based on an unused design for the 80's set

5F9Go3r.png

I love these! 

• Like 1

N3d5IIl.png

On 5/25/2020 at 11:51 AM, Vincady said:

I like all of the uniforms for Houston.  I wonder though, what if for the blue alternate, you brought in the tequila sunrise design, and than put the star with the H logo instead of the regular star, and then your new Houston word mark. Just an idea for a sort of "updated" one, and since I don't have the design chops, I have come to you!

Thank you. To be honest, I can't quite visualize what you are requesting, would you maybe be able to elaborate more on what you're imagining?

19 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

I absolutely love this Stros set!!  However, the trail on the shooting star on the orange jersey just doesn’t look right with white mixed in there.  I understand why you did it though, so the orange doesn’t disappear on the orange jersey.  Have you thought about maybe doing it in a blue gradient instead?

Thanks! Yea, that was one of my issues with the orange jersey, as well. I wouldn't want to do a blue gradient, as it wouldn't have any use anywhere else in the set. This is the only other solution I could come up with:

WBVptUv.png

1 hour ago, jbird669 said:

I love these! 

Thank you! They were fun to make for sure.

• Like 3

On 4/18/2020 at 9:02 PM, MJD7 said:

Now we have the Cincinnati Reds:

Logos

The primary logo loses its shadowing, courtesy of @SFGiants58. I decided to go with strictly red & white this time around, to keep things simple and stick with the classic Reds. The away font is based on old block fonts of theirs in the past, but condensed to better match the primary logo and the number font, with some help again from @SFGiants58. Mr. Redleg also makes an appearance on the Spring Training cap & jersey.

SO7LI10.png

Uniforms

The primary set is a pretty standard fauxback to the Big Red Machine uniforms. The number font is derived from @SFGiants58's UNC-inspired number font.

R3prC6R.png

The alternate has "Reds" across the chest like the team's new jersey, and a white home cap is added as an option if they wanted to wear it on occasion.

hm4tblV.png

The Cooperstown Collection is a fauxback to the 1936 design that the team threw back to last year. As previously stated, the Spring Training jersey proudly showcases Mr. Redleg.

ECJTy3V.png

That's what I've got for today, Cleveland will be up next. Thanks for following!

Love the all-white hat. I wish the Reds would actually add one to the rotation. Those are underused in MLB today. 

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thank you. To be honest, I can't quite visualize what you are requesting, would you maybe be able to elaborate more on what you're imagining?

Thanks! Yea, that was one of my issues with the orange jersey, as well. I wouldn't want to do a blue gradient, as it wouldn't have any use anywhere else in the set. This is the only other solution I could come up with:

WBVptUv.png

LOVE the shooting star on the blue jersey. Phenomenal look. 

19 hours ago, MJD7 said:

WBVptUv.png

Yeah I can try to elaborate. So take the blue alternate that you created, and then put the tequila sunrise design on the bottom like with the throwback. Keep the word mark the same, maybe move it up if you have to, and instead of the plain blue star that is found on the throwback, replace it with the modern Houston logo. The 3d star with the H in it. 

I thought it would be a cool idea to have a modernized version of the tequila sunrise uniform, but you don't have to do it. After all, it's your concept!

4 hours ago, Vincady said:

Yeah I can try to elaborate. So take the blue alternate that you created, and then put the tequila sunrise design on the bottom like with the throwback. Keep the word mark the same, maybe move it up if you have to, and instead of the plain blue star that is found on the throwback, replace it with the modern Houston logo. The 3d star with the H in it. 

I thought it would be a cool idea to have a modernized version of the tequila sunrise uniform, but you don't have to do it. After all, it's your concept!

Ah, I think I understand what you're suggesting now. I actually had something like that already mocked up, as an "outtake" Cooperstown Collection uniform, possibly for use in future seasons. The original is on the left, with your suggestion to include the "H-star" on the right. I didn't arch the font like you suggested, as I think it would clash with the straight stripes of the tequila sunrise.

xdRMs1X.png

I probably prefer the regular star, as it stands out more, but I appreciate the suggestion!

17 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Love the all-white hat. I wish the Reds would actually add one to the rotation. Those are underused in MLB today. 

Thank you. For future reference (and this is to all readers), if you wouldn't mind refraining from quoting the images of the uniforms it would be appreciated, just so as to save space and not clutter the thread. If you just name the team you're referring to specifically, I'll be able to know what you're referencing and address it appropriately. No harm done, I just wanted to be able to address it for the future. Thanks.

17 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

LOVE the shooting star on the blue jersey. Phenomenal look. 

Thanks! I agree, I think the warm colors of the tequila sunrise stand out best against the cool navy.

I'll try to have the Royals up later today.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Ah, I think I understand what you're suggesting now. I actually had something like that already mocked up, as an "outtake" Cooperstown Collection uniform, possibly for use in future seasons. The original is on the left, with your suggestion to include the "H-star" on the right. I didn't arch the font like you suggested, as I think it would clash with the straight stripes of the tequila sunrise.

xdRMs1X.png

I probably prefer the regular star, as it stands out more, but I appreciate the suggestion!

Thank you. For future reference (and this is to all readers), if you wouldn't mind refraining from quoting the images of the uniforms it would be appreciated, just so as to save space and not clutter the thread. If you just name the team you're referring to specifically, I'll be able to know what you're referencing and address it appropriately. No harm done, I just wanted to be able to address it for the future. Thanks.

Thanks! I agree, I think the warm colors of the tequila sunrise stand out best against the cool navy.

I'll try to have the Royals up later today.

Very nice! You're right, the white star stands out more, and the sunrise really pops against the Navy. Very well done!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Victormrey said:

I think the Tigers have one of those timeless looks, but I absolutely dig the double piping and the use of orange. Great work for the Astros as well!

I agree, even though I might like the increased orange better aesthetically, I don't think the Tigers really need to change at all. It was fun to try though! Thanks.

On 5/27/2020 at 6:03 PM, Vincady said:

Very nice! You're right, the white star stands out more, and the sunrise really pops against the Navy. Very well done!

Thanks!