MLB x NIKE, TAKE II

MJD7

On 6/17/2020 at 5:57 PM, Victormrey said:

Great tweaks for the Marlins! Now the cap logo is clearly visible, and the pink colour pops more than the current red-ish shade. Solid job for the Cooperstown Collection design as well!

On 6/17/2020 at 10:27 PM, Megildur said:

Big fan of the Marlins update. I like the increased use of blue, though the simplifying of the logo goes a long way as well. Now if only Miami could field an actually decent team too...

On 6/18/2020 at 8:42 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Gorgeous! Wonderful shade of blue!

On 6/18/2020 at 9:30 AM, bcon_731 said:

Id give you money rn if you had the pink uni for sale. Looks great, whole set is impressive. 

On 6/19/2020 at 9:54 AM, coco1997 said:

This just goes to show how much better the Marlins would look if they were blue team first, and a black team second. Great job!

Thank you all very much, I appreciate it!

On 6/18/2020 at 1:35 AM, CaptainKirkMN said:

This is an all-around fantastic set! The colors are perfect, and they pop just right, especially on the black alt. I am slightly confused at the choice of the name "caliente red" for what is clearly pink.

Thanks! To clarify, the "caliente red" shade is what the Marlins currently use in real life, which is more of an orange-ish red. I decided to replace that color with a more obvious pink, to give the Marlins a unique color among MLB.

The Brewers will be up in a bit.

Here are the Brewers:

Logos

I kept everything pretty much the same from the team's recent redesign, which I absolutely love.

VaeM2Ss.png

Uniforms

The home uniform matches the sleeve striping style of the away now. The socks also have a Packers-style striping pattern that is once again inspired by @SFGiants58. Other than that, nothing changes.

urM1vJn.png

The pinstripe alternate goes back to royal blue to embrace its roots a little bit more. The navy alternate now has sleeve stripes that mimic a portion of the socks, as well as a yellow brim on the cap to add some flair.

CrN0cuD.png

The Cooperstown Collection gives the Brew Crew a powder blue away option (inspired by the 80's away designs), complete with a yellow front-panel cap, and the Spring Training goes a bit further with the yellow, along with a Barrel Man cap.

LceblwD.png

And that's the Brewers, the Minnesota Twins will be up next.

• Like 16

Here are the Minnesota Twins:

Logos

I gave up on trying to incorporate Kasota Gold into the Twins' scheme, as I've finally acknowledged that it doesn't work. The only place it appears is the outline of the primary logo. I also adjusted the "TC" to be a combination of @SFGiants58's iteration and the real-life version.

Nh1DFnj.png

Uniforms

The away uniform now matches the dual-striping inspired by the "TC" logo. This inspiration is also transferred to the sock pattern. The number font is customized as well to match the home wordmark.

ce3S7Up.png

The navy alternate now has a white wordmark with a red outline, inspired by this BP jersey, along with a white front-panel cap, inspired by the 70's batting helmets. The off-white 60's throwback returns for Sunday afternoon games.

Qs6QoS9.png

The Cooperstown Collection keeps the new powder blue uniform in rotation. I reserved the red jersey and cap for Spring Training.

P8SKp66.png

That's the Twins for today, the New York Mets will be up next.

• Like 13

On 6/26/2020 at 8:23 PM, Paul Lucas said:

The Twins are just perfect.

Thank you!

On 6/27/2020 at 1:16 AM, sportsfan7 said:

I'm not sold on the serifed C. However, I do like that you "shaved" of the point on it so it looks less like the Reds C.

I personally like the serif, something about it just seems "Twins" to me. I understand your point of view, though. The real-life TC has started to grow on me again, as I like how the serifs on the T would match my number font nicely.

On 6/27/2020 at 12:27 PM, Section30 said:

Love the Twins, that number font is great. I do think that you should use the original block font for the throwback to make it an actual throwback though

I know what you mean. Normally I'm not big on straight-up throwbacks (notice how the jerseys have the current logo for the patch), but here is a look at the block font on the powder blue & off-white jerseys:

qZL7eyE.png

I also gave them the real-life TC logo.

• Like 2

Here are the New York Mets:

Logos

Most everything stays the same, the most notable change being the new away script, provided to me by @SFGiants58, much thanks for allowing me to use it. The Cooperstown Collection logo was made by splitting the "N" and the "Y" from the cap logo.

hZfNM5P.png

Uniforms

The home jersey is perfect and remains the same, beyond a change to a number font that better matches the script and cap logo. The away sleeve striping and pants are meant to be reminiscent of the 80's racing stripes.

zm9ijev.png

The royal alternate now has striping that mimics the away, and I added a snow white alternate back in to be worn on Sunday afternoons.

bKehhye.png

The Cooperstown Collection is based on a uniform the Mets threw back to in 2009, and the Spring Training uniform emphasizes orange as well as the Mr. Met logo.

FONZ1fa.png

That's the Mets, the cross-town Yankees will be up next.

• Like 14

Here are the New York Yankees:

Logos

The primary logo is re-colored to be more navy-centric. I edited the away wordmark so the line weights would be more even. The digitalization of the cap logo comes from @SFGiants58.

STGnmYm.png

Uniforms

Other than the tweaked road wordmark, no need to mess with the most iconic uniform in sports.

wBd6QwP.png

The Cooperstown Collection is based on the 1912 uniform, which the team threw back to in 2012. The Spring Training jersey brings back the BP design from the late 90's/early 2000's which I love.

IbcGuK1.png

That's it for the Yankees, the Oakland Athletics will be up next. I hope you all are doing well!

• Like 7

Here are the Oakland Athletics:

Logos

The most noticeable difference is the return to kelly green, specifically the shade on the new alternate

LdxhSMK.png

Uniforms

I added a simplified striping pattern inspired by the old Northwestern stripes. The numbers are based on the font from the team's primary logo.

sJWWx3I.png

The gold alternate stays, and the green alternate is modified so that yellow & white don't touch.

jF4LXmC.png

The Cooperstown Collection retains the brighter kelly, with gold letters inspired by the Kansas City Athletics. The Spring Training jersey is a different green top, with a white cap featuring the elephant logo.

hU3uBby.png

That's the A's, the Philadelphia Phillies will be up next.

• Like 12

Here are the Phillies:

Logos

The main difference to the logo set is blue's increased use in the color scheme to a primary color nearly on par with red.

pOMygVh.png

Uniforms

I added a blue brim to the primary cap to distinguish themselves in a league with the Reds and the Cardinals. The away uniform also has blue outlines instead of white, similar to the 1940's uniforms

BSyOz14.png

The red alternate is now in the rotation full-time, with white letters for increased visibility, and the cream alternate stays for Sunday afternoon games, with increased blue accents.

DBRfPcf.png

The Cooperstown Collection of course goes back to the beautiful maroon and powder color scheme, while the Spring Training focuses more on blue, like the team used to do on occasion.

kgwYamM.png

That's the Phillies, the Pittsburgh Pirates will be up next.

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

How about blue outlining on the home pins too?

I tried that originally, but didn't like it as much as without the outline. Here is a look, however:

VXCtqkP.png

14 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Personally, I think the Phillies should always be a red-heavy team with white and blue being accent colors, but I love the ideas here (ex. the bell sleeve patch and the red and blue jerseys).

I can definitely understand that view, I was just hoping to try something different in order to diversify the red & blue teams in MLB, especially since I had the Reds going back to strictly red & white. Also, I appreciate the feedback, but if you could refrain from quoting the images that would be appreciated, just to declutter the thread. Thank you again!

• Like 2