Underrated Uniforms

Those original TWolves and those Yellow Oakland A's pullovers are great! My vote for best underrated uniform would be the Florida Marlins sleeveless pinstripes (pinstripes make all baseball uniforms better) with the teal undershirt and hat.

spacer.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/28/2020 at 12:22 PM, infrared41 said:

I was never a fan of the monochrome blue set, but you're right, the helmet and jersey looked great. For my money, the all white uniform from that set was one of the best looks in the league. They rarely wore the blue over white combo, but I thought it looked great when they did. Easily their best looks in my opinion. 

Jags-vs-Seattle-01-mw-091105.jpg

7d42606751f3fd3c3faa4919b58544c2.jpg

With the white pants, these were both modern classics.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 3/31/2020 at 9:46 PM, C-Squared said:

This Glad Bad look was even worse than it gets credit for (with the current set being far better than most appreciate)... this set was like puberty between their original and current looks.

I disagree, those were some of their best, to much emphasis on the navy blue on their current unis. Plus get rid of that carbon texture triangle of top of their helmets where a stripe is normally placed.

1 hour ago, Tygers09 said:

I disagree, those were some of their best, to much emphasis on the navy blue on their current unis. Plus get rid of that carbon texture triangle of top of their helmets where a stripe is normally placed.

The Hasselbeck-era uni reeked of Reebok's circa-2000 "darken and overcomplicate" design philosophy, but that set also underused their now-signature lime green, which I think works much better on a monochromatic navy backdrop... for me, its one of the only sets that works as monochrome because you can tell it was specifically designed that way... you lose so much of the lime green's effect throwing in lighter pants & muddying the contrast.

IMO, the Panthers should ditch silver altogether and using Carolina Blue the exact same way.

14 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

Absolutely, those uniforms well respresent the space theme..

I wish the Astros would use that wordmark on their current Home uniforms. I love the wordmark they currently use as the wordmark for a road uniform, but I think the home wordmark should be a little flashier.

3 hours ago, Krudler said:

I wish the Astros would use that wordmark on their current Home uniforms. I love the wordmark they currently use as the wordmark for a road uniform, but I think the home wordmark should be a little flashier.

I agree, though I'm thinking it's because they want an old school type uniform, not necessarily a throwback? But the rainbow striped uniforms of the 80's early 90's were their best, even better than the 70's all striped front ones IMO.

Here's a thought, maybe combine the two. Keep the current base uniform both home and away, drop the double stitched block ASTROS font and add the rainbow stripes from shoulder down the arms, drop the parallel stripes that wraps around neck and along the button hem. And then add that 80's font across chest.

Wait.. Geez, that's what they wore in the late 80s/ early 90's!!! LOL

5 minutes ago, Tygers09 said:

Here's a thought, maybe combine the two. Keep the current base uniform both home and away, drop the double stitched block ASTROS font and add the rainbow stripes from shoulder down the arms. And then add that 80's font across chest

You could also instead of bringing back the stripe shoulders, lose the orange piping around the collar, and replace the sleeve and pant piping with a subtler, more narrow version of the rainbow stripes.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:54 PM, Morgan33 said:

People are too caught up with their own, Canucks logo preferences to see this is the best they've ever looked.  A monumental addition via subtraction of the arched-word-mark.

RAChWtt.jpg

If this logo would replace the blue trim inside the C with green, I think it would look a little better. That way, at least ALL of the team colors are represented in it.

I think the Tennessee Titans original uniforms were underrated.

I always liked the number font - very distinctive for them while still legible.

They weren't perfect, in my opinion - I wasn't a big fan of the logo, but I think the new uniforms are a downgrade (although I do like the navy helmet).xho8ZqK.jpgXaCsBbB.jpghttp://oZanxsz.jpghttp://WqrDzIp.jpg

See, the problem I have with Vancouver isn't necessarily the logo, but the color treatment of it. To have green everywhere else: hem, pant, and sock stripes; shoulder patch, anniversary patch, and even the stick tape(!) and then have a primary logo with no green, but instead navy and silver, which are featured no where else in the team's identity, has always bugged me.  

But, they did get rid of the arched 'VANCOUVER', so, I guess that's a plus. 

I would say that the most underappreciated look for Vancouver was the "flying skate" era, but, since it's been brought back via fan vote, I guess it can't really be considered underappreciated. 

These were underappreciated: 

Canucks29.png

16 hours ago, AHcreative said:

See, the problem I have with Vancouver isn't necessarily the logo, but the color treatment of it. To have green everywhere else: hem, pant, and sock stripes; shoulder patch, anniversary patch, and even the stick tape(!) and then have a primary logo with no green, but instead navy and silver, which are featured no where else in the team's identity, has always bugged me.  

I would say that the most underappreciated look for Vancouver was the "flying skate" era, but, since it's been brought back via fan vote, I guess it can't really be considered underappreciated. 

Canucks29.png

One problem with these...out of all the colors that the Canucks have used, these worked the least.

19 hours ago, AHcreative said:

Canucks29.png

It's amazing how close this color scheme was to the mid 2000s Buffalo Bills. Two shades of blue, silver, and a shade of red. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It's amazing how close this color scheme was to the mid 2000s Buffalo Bills. Two shades of blue, silver, and a shade of red. 

And present day Winnipeg. 

In any case, I'm a staunch critic of the Orca, and will never really embrace that logo. That said, with the removal of the wordmark the jerseys are so much cleaner, and coupled with the excellent striping and colour scheme, I'm willing to admit that the Canucks finally have a top 10 uniform in the league and I don't want to see it changed again. Its amazing how much that script dragged the uniform down.

Now we need to stop Canuckjacking every thread.

The Texans have one of the best looks in football and get no praise for it:

texans-1.jpg 

texans-2.jpg 

Additionally, this is a bit of a homer opinion but the Magic look great:

magic-2.jpg 

magic-3.jpg 

Also, RIP to the old blue uniforms:

magic-1.jpg 

ExJworW.png

Archived