Jump to content

Underrated Uniforms


Recommended Posts

hornetsAD_crop_north.png?1364551420&w=63
obviously I'm biased but I find these very under appreciated. I find it impressive how the hornets gave the brand their own New Orleans style after moving from Charlotte by using their own font and switching up the colors a bit 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2020 at 3:41 PM, johnnysama said:

pitcher-mike-scott-of-the-houston-astros

The Houston Astros' "rainbow shoulder" uniform set doesn't get much love.

TO me the Stripe kills the look. It would be amazing look if the stripe wasn't there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2020 at 2:46 PM, Ark said:

Late 90s Astros

 

mlb-baseball-pitcher-randy-johnson-houst

 

vZN8n.jpg

 

randy20johnson1.jpg

 

These get almost no love at all and I really think these are the best uniforms, and the best logo, they've ever had.



Agree, I think if they used a color scheme that wasn't black and white, it would be a good uniform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

hornetsAD_crop_north.png?1364551420&w=63
obviously I'm biased but I find these very under appreciated. I find it impressive how the hornets gave the brand their own New Orleans style after moving from Charlotte by using their own font and switching up the colors a bit 

These look good but they should've never existed. The Charlotte pinstripes are better imo anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This take might be better suited for the "Unpopular Opinions" thread but to my eyes, this is an infinitely superior look to what the Sharks have been using for the past 7 years.  Grey should have never been eliminated from the Sharks colour palette and this uniform distributes it more effectively than on their inaugural set.  I normally hate side panels on a hockey jersey but here it looks like some thought was put into their application.  Collectively, this striping configuration is evocative of Shark's mouth which is more clever than simply using a teal version of a traditional template.  The roads aren't as good but that's the case with most teams anyways.

 

fFzDXOG.jpg
C2aPt2n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, disman00911 said:

1988-2006 San Diego Chargers.  Eveyone loves the powder blue throwback uniforms, but there was nothing wrong this this set.

 

There were two glaring flaws with this set that people often ignore. First and foremost, the emphasis on boring navy (which only the Spanos family liked) when the entire fanbase wanted powder blue. Second of all, as if navy wasn't bad enough, they also de-emphasized gold as much as possible in favor of white. What's left is a uniform that simply isn't vibrant enough for a team called the Chargers.

 

If I recall correctly, the Spanos family had to be talked out of removing the bolts from the uniform back when they first switched over to navy. This would have been the reason why the pants didn't have the bolt stripes on them for the first few years of that set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2020 at 2:46 PM, Ark said:

Late 90s Astros

 

mlb-baseball-pitcher-randy-johnson-houst

 

vZN8n.jpg

 

randy20johnson1.jpg

 

These get almost no love at all and I really think these are the best uniforms, and the best logo, they've ever had.

 

The logo and the front of the uniforms was good, but those numbers on the back were pure garbage

 

jul-1998-infielder-bill-spiers-of-the-ho13655_01_lg.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2020 at 1:50 AM, Around the Horn said:

spacer.png

I think this is the best uniform in the current Phillies set

The combination of blue and red just pops

 

I've always wanted to see a road gray set of this to go along with the blue cap. Keep the red pinstripes and caps as the home set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2020 at 1:29 AM, Morgan33 said:

This take might be better suited for the "Unpopular Opinions" thread but to my eyes, this is an infinitely superior look to what the Sharks have been using for the past 7 years.  Grey should have never been eliminated from the Sharks colour palette and this uniform distributes it more effectively than on their inaugural set.  I normally hate side panels on a hockey jersey but here it looks like some thought was put into their application.  Collectively, this striping configuration is evocative of Shark's mouth which is more clever than simply using a teal version of a traditional template.  The roads aren't as good but that's the case with most teams anyways.

 

fFzDXOG.jpg
C2aPt2n.jpg


everything the Sharks have done since ditching this look has been a downgrade. That shark is a bit wonky, for sure. But it’s still so much better than the current Pikachu looking logo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:


everything the Sharks have done since ditching this look has been a downgrade. That shark is a bit wonky, for sure. But it’s still so much better than the current Pikachu looking logo. 

 

I agree, except I'd start much earlier.

 

1503663181502919974.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

 

The originals are the only "good" uniforms worn by this god-forsaken club.

 

I like the panel fin set, but I like it in the same way I like Nothing But Trouble. It's objectively awful, but it's got a few qualities that make it fun and strange.

 

enhanced-buzz-12434-1361823366-3.jpg?downsize=600:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

Not that they ever get a bad rap, but Kansas State also doesn’t get the praise I think they deserve:

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png
 

In my opinion, they’re one of the best looking teams in the nation.

They are basically a purple version of what the Cowboys should be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.