kb105

American Union of Interscholastic Athletics (ECNM Updated, New Team in Georgia)

And from the Badlands of New Mexico ...

OldSHKt.png

Colors

- Mule Gold (mustard yellow color): the color of the sandy fur of a desert-dwelling mule deer

- Volcanic Purple: the color of El Malpais' volcanic rock fields when the New Mexican sun hits it just right.

- White

Primary

- Stotting Mule deer

Secondary

- A modern take on the Route 66 sign, as Gallup's growth is closely tied to the road

Football

sYPI7Zi.png

Design

- Borrows from the Vikings uniforms

- Shoulders are the hooves of the mule deer in the logo

- Stripes come from the secondary logo with the thick, then thin outline

Helmet

- Simple, purple shell, purple or mule mask options, primary logo on the sides

Jersey

- Contrasting collar and mesh, alluding to the contrasting throat of the mule deer

- TV numbers in place of "MS" in the secondary logo

Basketball

HNUd0J2.png

Design

- Combine the hoof and the stripe from the football uniforms

- Maintains the simplicity found in parts of football

Jersey

- Home and Away are simple, keep same color blocking as football

- Alternate takes some inspiration from Golden States number in logo.

Hockey

MQ9FQ3V.png

Design

- Same style as basketball and football

Jerseys

- Sleeve color blocking inspired somewhat by Pittsburgh Penguins

- Contrasting nameplate taken from Football's alternate jersey

Baseball

K2kHnMc.png

Design

- Another simple uniform, only deviation is the pant stripe and the second alternate

Jerseys

- Simple and classic for the home and away

- Alt1 takes the unconventional coloring from the FSU gold alternate, maintains the simplicity

- Alt2 is more futuristic/modern, with no wordmark, just the logo and only having pinstripes on the sleeves 

Our first military academy ...

rv0pzrU.png

Colors

- Commando Green

- Alpine Brown

- White

Logos

- Seal: Combination of the seals of the Air Force, Army, and Navy

- Primary: Panda based off of the Pando Commandos of the 10th Mountain Division during WW2

- Secondary: Shield with 10th Mountain crossed swords

- Tertiary: 10th Mountain crossed swords

RUT976f.png

Field

- Artificial Turf

- USO given free sponsorship for the field

Uniforms

- Green helmets to replicate green army helmets, White helmets for the10th mountain's painted helmets when they encountered the winter

- Shoulder logos in reference to the patches of the military uniform

- Home, Away, Alt 1 are interchangeable

- Alt 2 is apart of the Glory Series, an annual special uniform series to shine light on different groups and aspects of the history and military of the U.S.

- This past years glory series uniform takes cues from the 2017 Army uniforms and the Pando Commando alpine skiers uniforms and the "follow me" stripe

5OgYop1.png

Court

- The court is the same parquet design as the original 1947 court, same green stain

- Wounded Warrior Project gained naming rights by helping fund and operate the on campus public hospital that also serves as the national amputee and PTSD veterans hospital

Uniforms

- Third uniform only worn for special occasions, i.e. senior night, homecoming, championship games, etc.

94cbJhR.png

Ice

- Instead of traditional faceoff dots, Camp Hale has faceoff swords

Uniforms

- Third uniform only worn for special occasions, i.e. senior night, homecoming, championship games, etc.

b9EIREw.png

Field

- Natural grass field

- Three sets of crossing swords to remind everyone (left, center, and right fielders) that have to fight for glory

So after completing the first conference of teams, I took a break and started on the next conference, as well as some updates to the previously completed schools. I am hoping to be able to show a new school along with and updated school within either the same post, or within 24 hours, but don't quote me on that. In addition to all of this, I also decided to add some field/court/ice(?) concepts. All of the original posts will be updated with the latest versions, but only the updated uniforms will be shown in new posts (which means that if you wish to see the field concepts, you should check out the original post). I also decided to not do the back stories, however if you do read them and want them to continue, I'd be more than happy to bring them back. The first update will be for the Hoodoos, and will then go in order by school name. So it should look like this :

1. Hoodoos

2. Commandos

3. Trekkers

4. Roadies

5. Stotters

6. Bobcats

7. Tortugas

8. Tigers

9. Coatis

The new conference will be 12 teams spanning across the gulf states, along with a couple southern atlantic states. I have already settled the names and logos for 11 of the 12 teams, with the 12th only needing a logo. I hope this will make it quicker to produce and more intriguing for you guys. I would also love to get some suggestions from people that live in or near the areas the conferences will be located in, as I also hope this will make it more intriguing for everyone.  The conferences are currently in these regions:

1. Colorado River Conference - Southwest

2. Atlantic Gulf Conference - Coastal South East

3. Ozarks (MO, AR, OK, KS, N TX) 

4. Between MS river & App mtns (IN, OH, W KY, TN, N AL, N MS)

5. App mtns & Chesapeake (NC, VA, E KY, WV, MD, S DE)

6. Mid Atlantic (PA, NY, N DE, NJ, Ontario)

7. New England (MA, ME, RI, CT, NH, VT, Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick)

8. Western Great Lakes (MN, IL, WI, MI, E Ontario, IA)

9. N Great Plains (ND, SD, NE, WY, MO, Saskatchewan, Manitoba)

10. Cascadia (WA, OR, ID, BC, Alberta)

11. California (CA, NW NV)

I hope to hear back from you and let me know what guys think!

Hoodoos Update

Football

s3D3zfg.png

*Changed Pant stripe for home and away

*New alternate helmet, pants

Basketball

IBqVYNH.png

*New template, Striping

Hockey

YdRmfxf.png

*Pretty much complete overhaul

For Comparison

RcfMjiL.png

qwAIjus.png

67TJNyJ.png

Football

Nike - I don't remember exactly who created the template, but I didn't personally create it, but it originally had a speed helmet, so I changed it out for a speed flex as in reality, most players prefer that model. https://www.mediafire.com/view/b9uvm4ds71ilxk5/Vapor_Untouchable_NFL.svg/file

UA - I traced an AUD Auburn Tigers uniform from 2018 or 2019, I don't quite remember. But it also has the same speed flex. 

https://www.mediafire.com/view/x34r56vgn6td3lc/Under_Armour_Football_Template.svg/file

Adidas - I traced it from a Hail State MS State uniform from 2019, also the speed flex. https://www.mediafire.com/view/yrwp234mxnni056/Adidas_Football_Template.svg/file

Field - Wiki commons https://www.mediafire.com/view/m6p759i0j16ar54/American_football_field_Diagram_Template.svg/file

Basketball

Nike - The 2020 Nike Basketball Template from template requests page 

https://www.mediafire.com/view/xntrnrq5d30w1lw/Nike_Basketball_Template.svg/file

UA - Traced a St. Johns concept from I think 2014. https://www.mediafire.com/view/tw18a5dpeozsmg7/UA_Basketball_Template.svg/file

Adidas - I also traced a concept of 2019 MS State uniform, I think 

https://www.mediafire.com/view/cwpv89yr580buxj/Adidas_Basketball_Template.svg/file

Court is a slightly modified version of Conrad's https://www.mediafire.com/view/idq6dfsxjecggat/Basketball_Court.svg/file

Hockey - I traced all of the jerseys, traced a Bauer helmet I found online, and generic hockey pants. 

Ice - Wiki Commons https://www.mediafire.com/view/42v7rcdatd00g2s/hockey_rink_template.svg/file

Nike - https://www.mediafire.com/view/cjleu6gdwm8f7tt/Nike_Hockey_Uniform_Template.svg/file

UA - https://www.mediafire.com/view/b01o2l4f40hpelm/UA_Hockey_Uniform_Template.svg/file

Adidas - https://www.mediafire.com/view/7ajl5qtlhy5mswq/Adidas_Hockey_Uniform_Template.svg/file

Baseball - They are all the same, just rebranded accordingly, template  by Addicted2Chaos 

Nike - https://www.mediafire.com/view/un4jy1dclrg4ey3/Nike_Baseball_Template.svg/file

UA - https://www.mediafire.com/view/0nlxvwn7ioxdpae/UA_Baseball_Template.svg/file

Adidas - https://www.mediafire.com/view/anw1cn5xy02mj8n/Adidas_Baseball_Template.svg/file

Field - traced image from OOTP https://www.mediafire.com/view/odnbsllbhcdklmf/Baseball_Field.svg/file

No problem!

And now for a new team.

XSUHGoY.png

Colors

- Grove Orange

- Cape Blue

- Shuttle White

Logos

Seal - A modified version of the state of Florida seal, with the distinctive Orange blossom leaves adorning the top half and the name, Florida Space Coast University, and the founding year, 1917.

Primary - With the fact that Space Coast has developed a relationship with the Aerospace industry, they decided to honor that part of their history by their mascot being an astronaut. The astronaut is a navel orange to both signify the impact of the Navy on the history of space exploration, as well as the fact the school was built on an old orange grove.

Secondary - With the school originally founded for aviation in the early 20th century, they had a strong partnership with NACA, with which this logo draws inspiration from.

Tertiary - Any older college or university has at least one interlocking logo in their rich history, and Space Coast is no different. Originally debuted in 1948, this logo has withstood the test of time, only being changed in 2003 when the whole athletic program switched over to a font similar to the NASA worm logo.

XH9GVkc.png

Field

- The football team began play in 1928, being forced to play in Fairfield Stadium for 8 years until Orlando Stadium was built in Orlando. They played there as the sole college tenant until 1979 when D-III UCF came into town. This led to administration seeking to build a stadium closer to home, and preferably on campus. That all culminated in the multi-sport Fox Sports Complex built on the edge of campus in 1987.

- Natural grass, with a crisscross field cut, designed to look like former university president Mike "Papa Bear" Bearey's famous ties.

Uniforms

- When Space Coast ascended to a top-tier athletic association, they promptly signed a deal with Nike and were given generic, catalog uniforms. In 2016, the Canavels finished in the top 10 for the first time, and were rewarded with custom uniforms. Space Coast traditionally donned white lids, orange/white jerseys and white pants with three Northwestern stripes that went Green-Blue-Orange-Blue-Green. With the refresh in 2017, they maintained a semblance of that while taking a more modern approach with a two-tone helmet, contrasting shoulder caps, and three-striped pants. They mainly keep the alternate jersey to being only worn once or twice a year, as they where it for their conference home opener and sometimes on senior day. No matter what, the Canavels have always donned an all white "space suit" look for the final game of the season against their cross state rival in their former home of the Citrus Bowl. This tradition began in 1961 when they were supposed to where their home uniforms, but were were too muddy from a previous game played in monsoon rains, and weren't able to be cleaned in time. Space Coast at the time was winless while their rival was undefeated and looking for the nod for the College division National Championship. Being a 31 point underdog, the Canavels managed a two touchdown victory and knocked their rival out of contention for a title. Since then, Space Coast has boasted a 50-9 record against their rivals.

BNEWXYR.png

Uniforms

- Before 2007, Space Coast were bottom feeders and had no real basketball culture at the school. This all changed when they were able to lure former U of F coach Billy Donovan from Florida after he resigned from the Orlando Magic. Since his hiring, received many of the top talents of Central Florida who didn't have the grades for a DI scholarship. When they went into the AUIA, they started receiving the top national talents, all while wearing catalog uniforms. When Nike took over before the 2017-2018 season, they asked coach Donovan to help design the new uniforms. He said that he wanted simple and clean uniforms with a simple nod to the history of the school. This led to Nike coming up with these uniforms, where the pant stripe is meant to allude to the St. Andrews cross seen on both the Florida state flag and the secondary logo.

LGSHmJT.png

Uniforms

- Prior to the 2012 season, there was no Canavels Hockey team, sponsor or club. They settled on a recolor of the Florida panthers for the first few years, as their head coach was former coach Doug MacLean. When Nike designed their uniforms in 2018, they decided to create a more modern design focusing on sharp and crisp lines to really let the curvature of the logo and numbers to shine.

Hqckw6p.png

Uniforms

- The baseball team didn't begin play until 1977. This led to some unconventional uniform decisions, such as blue away uniforms and two colored piping. The Canavels didn't change their uniforms for 40 years until they were rebranded under Nike. Due to this concrete uniform history, Nike decided to update instated of revamp. They simply updated the font, added white paneled caps based off of the primary logo, and added two new orange alternates that were recolored to match the home and away jerseys. 

This is why it is Canavels, and not Canaverals

46 minutes ago, kb105 said:

With the fact that Space Coast has developed a relationship with the Aerospace industry, they decided to honor that part of their history by their mascot being an astronaut. The astronaut is a navel orange to both signify the impact of the Navy on the history of space exploration, as well as the fact the school was built on an old orange grove.

Now we have some updates for the Commandos.

RUT976f.png

- Now only 2 helmets, only green and white

- Follow me stripe now relegated to only used on the alternate, on the rest is more traditional thin-wide-thin pant and helmet stripe.

- Removed sublimated pattern

5OgYop1.png

- Follow me stripe gives way to traditional striping

* striping does continue to the armhole, I just don't have a template with side view for UA

bBnP10b.png

- New striping

- Removed the sublimated patterns

b9EIREw.png

- Added striping, hints of color to both uniforms

- Removed sublimated patterns

- Added 

For comparison

7cZnXnR.png

3Vm9Duz.png

VAJlP88.png

UcEcNt6.png

All of your hockey concepts need socks to finish them off... Which can be a pretty big part of the whole color balance and look of the designs. 

15 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

All of your hockey concepts need socks to finish them off... Which can be a pretty big part of the whole color balance and look of the designs. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I added socks to the most recent 3 posts, but would like some feedback about them as I'm not as well versed in hockey uniform norms as football and basketball. I tried to make it so that the color of the socks didn't match the color of the pants so that the pants didn't have that leggings look that sometimes happens in the NFL, but I don't know if that' the way it supposed to work. A new team should be posted in the very near future.

Well unlike football, hockey teams often only have a single pair of pants, pretty much any color other than white, and the socks generally match the color of the jersey. So even if those match, it really isn’t considered monochrome or a bad look. The Detroit Red Wings have all red at home, and the Toronto Maple Leafs are all blue at home. It’s not a big deal. For the dark green alt of the pandas, I would actually switch the colors of the socks and the pants, making the pants the dark green, and the socks the lighter to match the sleeves. 

But then the white road jersey should have white socks. It looks like a rec league to have colored socks with a white jersey...

Well, thank you very much, chcarlson. I'll try to make those changes you suggested to the commandos as soon as possible. But since you said that white jerseys should have white socks, I would also like to know how you feel about the socks for both the Hoodoos and the Canavels. Again, thanks for giving me both you thoughts and time.

Q0L71OE.png

Colors

- Red

- Green

- Black

- White

Logos

- Primary: Head of the Welsh red dragon

- Secondary: Interlocking DS

- Tertiary: Slightly altered university logo, based off the central tower of the original building

ycbd7ms.png

Field

- Built in 1907 as Darlington Field, Michelin Stadium had no stands, or lights until 1985. During the five year renovation/expansion, the Hillraisers were forced to play in nearby Darlington Speedway. Once the football team was able to return, they came back to a 50,000 seat stadium, which promptly saw them lose 36 straight games. In 1994, they began the season dead last in the D-II standings, ending up going undefeated, barely missing the championship game. In 1995, they repeated their success, this time winning the D-II championship. However, a few months after their championship win, the NCAA gave the whole school the death penalty, due to the school doctoring report cards, paying recruits, paying refs, etc. Dewi Sant vehemently denied these allegations, even threatening legal action, but never did. They pleaded for reinstatement for the next 15 years, maintaining and upgrading facilities, fired and replaced all athletic staff, but to no avail. when they got into the AUIA, they installed new artificial turf, as well as adding 27,000 seats.

Uniforms

- With the school not having any athletic history to speak of for 15 years, Adidas decided to come up with a modern uniform design, taking inspiration from the schools logo, as well as the Welsh flag. The first five years, they only had the home and away uniforms, then introduced the black uniforms. Then before the 2019 season, the green uniforms and a new pair of red pants were added to the lineup.

IOtYqKE.png

Court

- The arena was built in 2010 for the reinstated athletics and was unsponsored until January of 2012. The court was installed in 2017 and is the first and only green stained court.

Uniforms

- Much like with football, Adidas used the logo as the basis for the overall look. With basketball, the uniforms are pretty basic until you reach the pants with the swooping scales. The white, red, and black uniforms were the only uniforms from 2011-2017, with the green uniform being added before the 2017-2018 season.

dbH0vf5.png

Ice

- To go along with the other non-traditional playing surfaces, the hockey ice utilizes only the school colors. While this might make some hockey traditionalists gasp, the southern, redneck fanbase loved it, so it was the only design that was kept from the pre-death penalty years.

Uniforms

- The hockey team is the only team to utilize the academic logo, but still uses the swooping scales motif. The scales motif was more present in their second round of uniforms when the black and green alternates were introduced before the 2016 season.

CWi9PHj.png

Field

- Also built right before they began play in the AUIA, the field surface is solely artificial turf, with red turf as the clay

Uniforms

- Being the most tradition designs, the scale motif is only used on the bottom of the pants. All of the jerseys and pants have green pinstripes. The red hat and socks can be worn with any uniform, however the green hat and socks can only be worn with the red jerseys.

*The name Dewi Sant is from the Welsh name for Saint David, the patron saint of Wales. The welsh connection comes from the Welsh Baptists whom settled the land in and around present day city of Darlington.

**The name Hillraisers comes from the legend of Saint David where he raised a portion of land into a hill. It also is meant to allude to the early NASCAR connotation of being bootlegger and overall "h*ll raisers".

And now a few updates for Deseret

9kjMB8q.png

Basketball

- Now has 7 pinstripes

- Waistband now has 7 horizontal stripes

9gMEFoX.png

Hockey

- Sleeve numbers contrasting colors

- Home number and name now white

- New fauxback alternate uniform

50s6lY0.png

Baseball

- Horizontal stripes carried on all jerseys

For comparison

I7kCcvc.png

2yeUHUU.png

PvvVq0N.png

So after spending a week on vacation, here is a school from the Hilton Head, SC area.

F7H7uXm.png

Colors

- Wren Brown

- Atlantic Blue

- Black

- White

Logos

- Seal: Combination of Clemson and Coastal Carolina's university seals

- Primary: Carolina wren

- Secondary: based off of the liberty SC flag with the palm column on the water from the seal

- Tertiary: the palm column on the water from the seal

4fSNUtZ.png

Field

- Built along with the the campus, has undergone two sets of renovations, increasing capacity from 50,000 to 65,000, to the present 87,000.

Uniforms

- In 2016, Carolina Atlantic signed a ten year deal with Nike and they came up with the tapered stripe to evoke the tapered streak of the Carolina Wren. In 2019, Jordan Brand took over as the uniform sponsor, where they emphasized the light blue more as an homage to Michael Jordan's alma mater by adding new blue helmets jerseys and pants. Along with the emphasis on blue, they also added black to the uniforms, as it had always been present in the logos. The white helmets and pants can and have been worn with all of the uniforms, whereas the blue helmet will only be worn in the combinations of blue/brown/white, blue/white/blue, or blue/white/white. The equipment staff has also been known to switch up the decals on special occasions or just randomly.

6hofP5V.png

Court

- The AVX Arena wasn't completed until 2006, as there were some eminent domain issues that weren't settled until 2004. This led to the basketball team having to play at the local YMCA, where they saw immense success. Thus, when they moved into the on campus AVX Arena, they maintained the primarily brown court from their YMCA days.

- Uniforms: When the Wrens switched to Nike, they decided to stay away from the tapered stripes and kept their tradition striping, similar to what the baseball team dons. However, when Jordan Brand moved in, they finally gave in and took the tapered stripes as apart of their identity. Like football, they added a new blue uniform under Jordan, however, they had already incorporated the black back in 2016, and got an updated black set  with Jordan.

Yum6Mxi.png

Ice

- Since the Hockey team shares their home arena with the basketball team, they decided to mimic the basketball court by using the secondary logo at center ice, and made it their own by using Atlantic blue for the blue details.

Uniforms

- The hockey team didn't begin until the new arena was built in 2006. Due to their lack of history, they decided to mimic the look of the closest NHL team, the Atlanta Thrashers. They took the stomach stripe with the triangles and ran with it up to the Nike switch. When Nike came in, they introduced sleeve yokes reminiscent to the thrashers using the tapered striping seen on other sports uniforms. They also updated the triangle stripes to be colored just like the tapered stripes. When they then switch over to Jordan Brand, they introduced contrasting shoulder numbers and a new blue jersey that emphasized black to go with their new black pants.

sOpNT75.png

Field

- Built along with the football stadium, the field has had the palmetto branches since the first game to remind everyone which Carolina the Wrens reside in.

Uniform

- Having previously worn rather bland white and grey uniforms before Nike, they decided to keep them in 2017. However, when Jordan Brand took over, they decided to play around and experiment more by introducing a blue away set, a brown jersey, and Washington Nationals inspired jerseys, all the while keeping their traditional striping, but instituting some black.

Everything looks great, but i have 2 questions

When Dewi Saint wins, dos everyone get free/discounted Bojangles?

Does Space Coast have Helmet nights, or Free Orange nights?