American Union of Interscholastic Athletics (Morehead 7/31)

kb105

8 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

If you want a more exciting person to base a LaRue County school on though, why not Abraham Lincoln? He was born there after all.

There might be some other schools in some other place that take on an Abe Lincoln persona in some other state, but we'll have to wait to see.  Also I really wanted to have a school be able to honor Native Americans, thus LeRoux was named for Danny Little Bear. In the end of the series (whenever that may be) I'll definitely come back and create some rivalry series amongst some teams from different conferences that will most likely include one surrounding Abraham Lincoln with teams from Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky.

4kPs0od.png

Colors

- Navy Blue

- Lightning Green

- Electric Blue

- White

Logos

- Primary: A firefly (or lightning bug), the state insect of Tennessee

- Alternate 1: Interlocking BR logo with a neon sign inside

jZlGNED.pngbtE2mgA.pngSrdfevV.png9GcCd3c.png

• kb105 changed the title to American Union of Interscholastic Athletics (Barrens Rim 6/8)
  • 4 weeks later...

2IW5T7M.png

Colors

- Heroes Teal

- Hazard Orange

- Fedora Brown

- White

Logos

- Primary: The hero mascot, a platypus from Danville

- Alternate 1: Tail inspired shield with a C for Commodore College

- Alternate 2: Heroes wordmark stylized like a comic book cover

k2xro7A.png5bcm5vf.pngdVk4H0A.png8XTnn2P.png

• kb105 changed the title to American Union of Interscholastic Athletics (Commodore 7/4)
50 minutes ago, jbird669 said:

Is that Commodore logo based on Perry the Platypus? My daughter loved that show. 

Yes, the idea is that Danville, Kentucky is near a town called Perryville, named for Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry (the namesake for the college) who is dubbed the Hero of Lake Erie. So like the Mighty Ducks, Commodore College partnered with Disney for their nickname and mascot.

Named for Warren Elmer Blackhurst, a local author who lived in the area his whole life and wrote stories surrounding the life of people in Southeastern West Virginia. The athletic teams are named for one of his more well known books, Riders of the Flood.

ggjn8YI.png

Colors

- Royal Blue

- Blackberry

- Canary Yellow

- White

Emblem

- Based on the cover of one of W.E. Blackhurst's most famous books, Riders of the Flood.

Logos

- Primary: A rugged lumberjack that maintains the flow of the floating logs

- Secondary: The "Banana Canoe", based on the banana costume clad student section seen at any and all athletic events

- Tertiary: Traditional BU lockup

rOeZmPG.pngyXpMqzE.pngjyQKpKk.pngvI5YcSz.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • kb105 changed the title to American Union of Interscholastic Athletics (Morehead 7/31)

Short answer: Yes. After the current Appalachian region conference (one more team in West Virginia left), I currently have 11 out of 12 logo sets drawn for a conference based in the Mid-Atlantic region, followed by a couple of logo sets for a conference based in the New England region. The plan from there on is to move to the Great Lakes region westward, probably ending in either the PNW or California. I hope to have at least two teams in each state, but not every state has two viable locations without a current university and intriguing local tie-ins. If you happen to have a local city or town that has some intriguing history, I’d love to consider it for the series. Here is the map I’ve been using for all of the teams and conferences.