American Union of Interscholastic Athletics (Football Updates 10/15)

kb105

And from the Badlands of New Mexico ...

OldSHKt.png

Colors

- Mule Gold (mustard yellow color): the color of the sandy fur of a desert-dwelling mule deer

- Volcanic Purple: the color of El Malpais' volcanic rock fields when the New Mexican sun hits it just right.

- White

Primary

- Stotting Mule deer

Secondary

- A modern take on the Route 66 sign, as Gallup's growth is closely tied to the road

Football

sYPI7Zi.png

Design

- Borrows from the Vikings uniforms

- Shoulders are the hooves of the mule deer in the logo

- Stripes come from the secondary logo with the thick, then thin outline

Helmet

- Simple, purple shell, purple or mule mask options, primary logo on the sides

Jersey

- Contrasting collar and mesh, alluding to the contrasting throat of the mule deer

- TV numbers in place of "MS" in the secondary logo

Basketball

HNUd0J2.png

Design

- Combine the hoof and the stripe from the football uniforms

- Maintains the simplicity found in parts of football

Jersey

- Home and Away are simple, keep same color blocking as football

- Alternate takes some inspiration from Golden States number in logo.

Hockey

MQ9FQ3V.png

Design

- Same style as basketball and football

Jerseys

- Sleeve color blocking inspired somewhat by Pittsburgh Penguins

- Contrasting nameplate taken from Football's alternate jersey

Baseball

K2kHnMc.png

Design

- Another simple uniform, only deviation is the pant stripe and the second alternate

Jerseys

- Simple and classic for the home and away

- Alt1 takes the unconventional coloring from the FSU gold alternate, maintains the simplicity

- Alt2 is more futuristic/modern, with no wordmark, just the logo and only having pinstripes on the sleeves 

• Like 2

Our first military academy ...

rv0pzrU.png

Colors

- Commando Green

- Alpine Brown

- White

Logos

- Seal: Combination of the seals of the Air Force, Army, and Navy

- Primary: Panda based off of the Pando Commandos of the 10th Mountain Division during WW2

- Secondary: Shield with 10th Mountain crossed swords

- Tertiary: 10th Mountain crossed swords

RUT976f.png

Field

- Artificial Turf

- USO given free sponsorship for the field

Uniforms

- Green helmets to replicate green army helmets, White helmets for the10th mountain's painted helmets when they encountered the winter

- Shoulder logos in reference to the patches of the military uniform

- Home, Away, Alt 1 are interchangeable

- Alt 2 is apart of the Glory Series, an annual special uniform series to shine light on different groups and aspects of the history and military of the U.S.

- This past years glory series uniform takes cues from the 2017 Army uniforms and the Pando Commando alpine skiers uniforms and the "follow me" stripe

5OgYop1.png

Court

- The court is the same parquet design as the original 1947 court, same green stain

- Wounded Warrior Project gained naming rights by helping fund and operate the on campus public hospital that also serves as the national amputee and PTSD veterans hospital

Uniforms

- Third uniform only worn for special occasions, i.e. senior night, homecoming, championship games, etc.

94cbJhR.png

Ice

- Instead of traditional faceoff dots, Camp Hale has faceoff swords

Uniforms

- Third uniform only worn for special occasions, i.e. senior night, homecoming, championship games, etc.

b9EIREw.png

Field

- Natural grass field

- Three sets of crossing swords to remind everyone (left, center, and right fielders) that have to fight for glory

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

So after completing the first conference of teams, I took a break and started on the next conference, as well as some updates to the previously completed schools. I am hoping to be able to show a new school along with and updated school within either the same post, or within 24 hours, but don't quote me on that. In addition to all of this, I also decided to add some field/court/ice(?) concepts. All of the original posts will be updated with the latest versions, but only the updated uniforms will be shown in new posts (which means that if you wish to see the field concepts, you should check out the original post). I also decided to not do the back stories, however if you do read them and want them to continue, I'd be more than happy to bring them back. The first update will be for the Hoodoos, and will then go in order by school name. So it should look like this :

1. Hoodoos

2. Commandos

3. Trekkers

4. Roadies

5. Stotters

6. Bobcats

7. Tortugas

8. Tigers

9. Coatis

The new conference will be 12 teams spanning across the gulf states, along with a couple southern atlantic states. I have already settled the names and logos for 11 of the 12 teams, with the 12th only needing a logo. I hope this will make it quicker to produce and more intriguing for you guys. I would also love to get some suggestions from people that live in or near the areas the conferences will be located in, as I also hope this will make it more intriguing for everyone.  The conferences are currently in these regions:

1. Colorado River Conference - Southwest

2. Atlantic Gulf Conference - Coastal South East

3. Ozarks (MO, AR, OK, KS, N TX) 

4. Between MS river & App mtns (IN, OH, W KY, TN, N AL, N MS)

5. App mtns & Chesapeake (NC, VA, E KY, WV, MD, S DE)

6. Mid Atlantic (PA, NY, N DE, NJ, Ontario)

7. New England (MA, ME, RI, CT, NH, VT, Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick)

8. Western Great Lakes (MN, IL, WI, MI, E Ontario, IA)

9. N Great Plains (ND, SD, NE, WY, MO, Saskatchewan, Manitoba)

10. Cascadia (WA, OR, ID, BC, Alberta)

11. California (CA, NW NV)

I hope to hear back from you and let me know what guys think!

• Like 1

Football

Nike - I don't remember exactly who created the template, but I didn't personally create it, but it originally had a speed helmet, so I changed it out for a speed flex as in reality, most players prefer that model. https://www.mediafire.com/view/b9uvm4ds71ilxk5/Vapor_Untouchable_NFL.svg/file

UA - I traced an AUD Auburn Tigers uniform from 2018 or 2019, I don't quite remember. But it also has the same speed flex. 

https://www.mediafire.com/view/x34r56vgn6td3lc/Under_Armour_Football_Template.svg/file

Adidas - I traced it from a Hail State MS State uniform from 2019, also the speed flex. https://www.mediafire.com/view/yrwp234mxnni056/Adidas_Football_Template.svg/file

Field - Wiki commons https://www.mediafire.com/view/m6p759i0j16ar54/American_football_field_Diagram_Template.svg/file

Basketball

Nike - The 2020 Nike Basketball Template from template requests page 

https://www.mediafire.com/view/xntrnrq5d30w1lw/Nike_Basketball_Template.svg/file

UA - Traced a St. Johns concept from I think 2014. https://www.mediafire.com/view/tw18a5dpeozsmg7/UA_Basketball_Template.svg/file

Adidas - I also traced a concept of 2019 MS State uniform, I think 

https://www.mediafire.com/view/cwpv89yr580buxj/Adidas_Basketball_Template.svg/file

Court is a slightly modified version of Conrad's https://www.mediafire.com/view/idq6dfsxjecggat/Basketball_Court.svg/file

Hockey - I traced all of the jerseys, traced a Bauer helmet I found online, and generic hockey pants. 

Ice - Wiki Commons https://www.mediafire.com/view/42v7rcdatd00g2s/hockey_rink_template.svg/file

Nike - https://www.mediafire.com/view/cjleu6gdwm8f7tt/Nike_Hockey_Uniform_Template.svg/file

UA - https://www.mediafire.com/view/b01o2l4f40hpelm/UA_Hockey_Uniform_Template.svg/file

Adidas - https://www.mediafire.com/view/7ajl5qtlhy5mswq/Adidas_Hockey_Uniform_Template.svg/file

Baseball - They are all the same, just rebranded accordingly, template  by Addicted2Chaos 

Nike - https://www.mediafire.com/view/un4jy1dclrg4ey3/Nike_Baseball_Template.svg/file

UA - https://www.mediafire.com/view/0nlxvwn7ioxdpae/UA_Baseball_Template.svg/file

Adidas - https://www.mediafire.com/view/anw1cn5xy02mj8n/Adidas_Baseball_Template.svg/file

Field - traced image from OOTP https://www.mediafire.com/view/odnbsllbhcdklmf/Baseball_Field.svg/file

• Like 1

No problem!

And now for a new team.

spacer.png

Colors

- Canavel Orange

- Atlantic Blue

-  White

- Blossom Green

Logos

- Emblem: Florida outline with a launched shuttle

- Primary: A navel orange in an astronaut's helmet

- Secondary: Team specific Florida state flag  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

Florida Space Coast began as a satellite school of the University of Miami in the years after World War II as soldiers who were stationed in nearby military bases looked to settle in the sunny state of Florida. This partnership with Miami was short lived as the state bought the school in 1950 to develop a large crop of engineers for the missile program that began at nearby Cape Canaveral and later in the decade for the fledgling space program, also based at Cape Canaveral. In 1963, Florida Technical University (now UCF) was founded to aid the new space voyaging NASA program. This led to Florida Engineering College (as it was then known) to gear towards broader engineering fields and started offering majors in new disciplines such as Civil, Mechanical, and even Electrical. These new programs still helped the nearby Kennedy Space Station in some projects, but also began helping building up the infrastructure for the growing populous in the state. In 1988, FEC had obtained university status and also became a space-grant institution. School leadership wanted to be made the lead institution for the Florida Consortium, however so did UCF. The school changed its name to Florida Space Coast University (the naming convention Florida Gulf Coast would borrow about a decade later) and began construction of a new engineering building and observatory in hopes of beating out the school in Orlando. However, the school did not become the lead institution which led to a rather large shake-up in university leadership. This shake up led to a shift from a heavily engineering school to a larger emphasis on hospitality, chemistry, and business majors in the late 1990s. In the late 2010s, the school established strong ties with Blue Origin and SpaceX, leading to a resurgence in the importance of the engineering programs, specifically Aerospace majors. This, coupled with athletic successes, has led to increasing enrollment year after year

Sports began in 1951 with a club football team who would go around the state and sometimes in Georgia or South Carolina playing larger schools junior varsity teams. In 1960, a club basketball and baseball team formed and also played junior varsity teams, although only within the state. School sponsored athletics began shortly after, in 1962, with teams participating in the NAIA as an independent. In 1974, FEC joined the DII Gulf South Conference. Into the 1980s, FEC held a fierce rivalry with UCF both on and off the field. In 1984, UCF elevated to DI membership and the athletics rivalry cooled as games became much less frequent. Athletics were in the lower echelon of the conference up until the mid-90s after the school expanded past engineering-only majors. This allowed for higher caliber athletes to come on board and in the early 2000s, the program even flirted with elevation to DI-FCS classification. This athletic renaissance was all under the direction of the popular university president, Dr. Mike "Papa Bear" Barry. Going into the first year of AUIA play, Dr. Barry Passed away, leading to commemoration by the football and baseball field crews striping the fields in the design of his famous crisscross ties.

FEC first began being called the Groves after the orange groves in which the school was nestled in. The club football team borrowed heavily from its former parent school, the University of Miami. The helmets were white, the colors were a dark green and orange, with some royal blue mixed in. This identity continued into varsity sports up until the 1988 season, when the school was renamed Florida Space Coast. That is when the teams were renamed the Canavels, after an unofficial mascot that was maintained by a fraternity, and the colors were changed to Orange and Light Blue. The uniforms were again slightly changed in the late 90s when green was reintroduced to the color palate, albeit in a minor capacity. Prior to the 2022 season, the Canavel primary logo was updated from the 1988 original to be more even and geometrical, as well as a larger emphasis on the moniker of "Florida's Premier College Team" with the introduction of the state flag and state outline logos. Since the 1990s, the football team dons two-toned helmets, mimicking the astronaut helmet in the logo. In more recent years, the teams have also worn space-inspired uniforms, usually around homecoming or highly-anticipated  space launches. 

Spoiler

Here is the Football 2022 season schedule:

spacer.png

And the 2022 Mission Eleven game patch explanation:

spacer.png

Spoiler

Logos v1 v2

Football v1 v2

Basketball v1 v2

Hockey v1 v2

Baseball v1 v2

• Like 2

• kb105 changed the title to American Union of Interscholastic Athletics (Hoodoos Updated, New team on the Space Coast)

This is why it is Canavels, and not Canaverals

46 minutes ago, kb105 said:

With the fact that Space Coast has developed a relationship with the Aerospace industry, they decided to honor that part of their history by their mascot being an astronaut. The astronaut is a navel orange to both signify the impact of the Navy on the history of space exploration, as well as the fact the school was built on an old orange grove.

Now we have some updates for the Commandos.

RUT976f.png

- Now only 2 helmets, only green and white

- Follow me stripe now relegated to only used on the alternate, on the rest is more traditional thin-wide-thin pant and helmet stripe.

- Removed sublimated pattern

5OgYop1.png

- Follow me stripe gives way to traditional striping

* striping does continue to the armhole, I just don't have a template with side view for UA

bBnP10b.png

- New striping

- Removed the sublimated patterns

b9EIREw.png

- Added striping, hints of color to both uniforms

- Removed sublimated patterns

- Added 

For comparison

7cZnXnR.png

3Vm9Duz.png

VAJlP88.png

UcEcNt6.png

All of your hockey concepts need socks to finish them off... Which can be a pretty big part of the whole color balance and look of the designs. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

15 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

All of your hockey concepts need socks to finish them off... Which can be a pretty big part of the whole color balance and look of the designs. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I added socks to the most recent 3 posts, but would like some feedback about them as I'm not as well versed in hockey uniform norms as football and basketball. I tried to make it so that the color of the socks didn't match the color of the pants so that the pants didn't have that leggings look that sometimes happens in the NFL, but I don't know if that' the way it supposed to work. A new team should be posted in the very near future.

Well unlike football, hockey teams often only have a single pair of pants, pretty much any color other than white, and the socks generally match the color of the jersey. So even if those match, it really isn’t considered monochrome or a bad look. The Detroit Red Wings have all red at home, and the Toronto Maple Leafs are all blue at home. It’s not a big deal. For the dark green alt of the pandas, I would actually switch the colors of the socks and the pants, making the pants the dark green, and the socks the lighter to match the sleeves. 

But then the white road jersey should have white socks. It looks like a rec league to have colored socks with a white jersey...

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Well, thank you very much, chcarlson. I'll try to make those changes you suggested to the commandos as soon as possible. But since you said that white jerseys should have white socks, I would also like to know how you feel about the socks for both the Hoodoos and the Canavels. Again, thanks for giving me both you thoughts and time.

Spoiler

An updated version of Dewi Sant can be found below.

Q0L71OE.png

Colors

- Red

- Green

- Black

- White

Logos

- Primary: Head of the Welsh red dragon

- Secondary: Interlocking DS

- Tertiary: Slightly altered university logo, based off the central tower of the original building

ycbd7ms.png

IOtYqKE.png

dbH0vf5.png

CWi9PHj.png

---

Spoiler

Dewi Sant has its roots in the Baptist denomination of Darlington, specifically the Welsh Baptists. Rather than having a central institution before its founding, Dewi Sant was a combination of multiple towns coming together to create a secondary school. Most of the first schools were in or near church buildings until the late 1890s when multiple churches came together to form the new institution. Owing to the Welsh influence in the region, the school was named Dewi Sant, welsh for the nations patron saint, Saint David. The first classes were held in Darlington’s courthouse until school buildings were built in 1901. The first enrollment was of 51 students and by 1910, the school grew to about 400. The school would not see major growth until the 50s when southern states began seeing noticeable increases in population as well as the post war increase in college students. By 1970, Dewi Sant had grown to about 4,500 students. Previously operating as a bible college, the 90s was the beginning of the next largest increase as Dewi Sant embraced online courses, growing from 5,200 to 57,000 by 2003. As such, the school had to move their campus from downtown Darlington to the outskirts, just west of the raceway. Today, Dewi Sant is a full fledged 4-year university with 9,000 on-campus students and another 70,000 plus online. 
          Sports at Dewi Sant were really kicked off in 1907 with the construction of Darlington Field, which housed many different sports and activities for the school. The first school sponsored athletics began in 1955 with a football team in the now named Conference Carolinas, adding baseball and basketball in the following years. The football team began play in the football-only South Atlantic Conference in 1975, where they would stay until the 90s. In 1989, the SAC became a multi-sport conference and as such, Dewi Sant moved all of its sports there. For the majority of the school's history, athletics were bottom dwellers culminating in many below .500 seasons across all sports and even talks of moving down to Division III or going to the NAIA. This conversation was growing louder and louder by the start of the 1994 fall season as the football team was coming off of a 36 game losing streak and began the season dead last in the whole of Division II. Inexplicably, the football team rattled off an undefeated regular season and made the national championship game before falling to North Alabama. Basketball and baseball also followed up sub-par seasons with deep postseason runs. In 1995, the football team replicated their magical season a year prior, this time going undefeated and beating North Alabama in the title game. Baseball was also able to secure a national title while basketball had a shocking second round exit after being the top ranked team most of the year and being the unanimous favorite going into the tournament. However, What would later come out in the summer of ‘96 would haunt the athletics program for nearly twenty years. It turns out the unexplainable rise could be attributed to Dewi Sant allegedly paying recruits, forging transcripts, and allowing athletes to enroll with online-only course loads, even allowing off season athletes to live at home instead of on campus all school year. As the plot clearly involved the entirety of the athletics program and most if not all of school officials were either complicit or active participants in the scheme, the NCAA handed down the death penalty for Dewi Sant. Despite the school suing the NCAA and vehemently denying the accusations, reinstatement was simply not possible. On top of that, no other college athletics association would touch Dewi Sant with a 10-foot pole until the AUIA invited them in 2012.
          The nickname is a play on words of the legend of Saint David raising a hill and the stereotype of NASCAR and all things associated with it “raising hell”. The name was first suggested in 1983 after a few drunk students were able to get their car onto the race track during that year’s Southern 500 held at Darlington Raceway. The next day, the local newspaper posted the headline ‘Dewi Demons Delay Darlington Race’.  The next week, Dewi would go on to win their first conference football game in 3 years and the name Dewi Sant Demons stuck in the hearts and minds of fans. The Baptist run administration of course were totally offended by this ‘satanic’ encroachment on the legacy of the school, so they tried their darndest to stop any official recognition of the nickname. Eventually students began coming to games dressed as red-skinned devils, much to the amusement of the head football coach. After multiple students were removed after one game for their costumes, the football coach and athletic director met with school administration about the nickname as the student attendance and participation had risen significantly despite continued failure on the field. Ultimately, the school allowed for a more tongue-in-cheek reference to the Dewi Demon moniker with the Hillraisers mascot as it had religious connections as well as a connection to the Welsh heritage of the school. Along with the new nickname, the mascot was decided on, a red dragon that resembled the Welsh Red Dragon and  could also be easily tied back to the red-skinned devil costumes that were so popular with students.

• Like 3

• kb105 changed the title to American Union of Interscholastic Athletics (Commandos Updated, New Team in Norther SC)

And now a few updates for Deseret

9kjMB8q.png

Basketball

- Now has 7 pinstripes

- Waistband now has 7 horizontal stripes

9gMEFoX.png

Hockey

- Sleeve numbers contrasting colors

- Home number and name now white

- New fauxback alternate uniform

50s6lY0.png

Baseball

- Horizontal stripes carried on all jerseys

For comparison

I7kCcvc.png

2yeUHUU.png

PvvVq0N.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Colors

- Wren Brown

- Atlantic Blue

- White

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

Carolina Atlantic is located in the Lowcountry of South Carolina, who for much of its history relied on agriculture as its main driver of economy, and thus relied heavily on slave labor. In the aftermath of the Civil War and the Reconstruction Era, much of the region declined both population wise and economically. Not truly until the later half of the 20th century did the area recover to pre-war levels, thanks in no small part to the region along the coasts becoming vacation and retirement hot spots. 
          In 1959, the University of South Carolina decided to expand its reach throughout the state, and decided to build a campus in the southern corner in Beaufort County. USC Beaufort sustained continued growth over the next 30 years and soon needed to either expand or find some way to relieve itself of some of its student population. The solution proposed was to build a two-year college that allowed students to start there before transferring to USC-B. The state legislature agreed that the new school must be in neighboring Jasper County, and the city of Hardeeville was chosen in 1991 due in part to its proximity to I-95. The specific location of campus is east of 95, nestled between Hardeeville and the unincorporated communities of Okatie and Switzerland. Construction of the first few buildings began in 1996 and by 1998, the first few hundred students began classes at USC Jasper College. By 2002, USC Beaufort was still outgrowing its campus and needed more than a few hundred students being taken at USC Jasper, and this led to Jasper becoming its own separate institution. The USC system did not want two universities so close together and decided to allow Jasper to become independent. Thus, the school changed its name to Carolina Atlantic University and continued to expand its campus. Every year, enrollment increases substantially and more and more buildings are cropping up. As it stands, only one third of the more than 5,600 acres is developed for the campus.
          Athletics began for Carolina Atlantic in 2002, when they became a university. The first athletic director came from Coastal Carolina, thus heavily influencing some of the design choices. Instead of bronze and teal, brown and baby blue were worn. Instead of being named after a fictional rooster, the teams would be called the state bird, the Carolina wren. Along with the Brown and blue, black was carried over from their days in the USC system (black was nixed in 2021 as the program went more traditional in their branding). They began play as an all-sports member of Conference Carolinas and as a football only member in the South Atlantic Conference. All of their teams had a predictable slow start before rather quickly getting better year after year. In 2005, the football team was second in their conference and the next year won. In 2008, they reached the DII semifinals. They followed that up with three straight years of reaching the finals. Basketball and baseball also experienced success in their short time in the NCAA, winning conference titles as well as national titles in 2009 and 2007, respectively. The only team that never quite found their footing was hockey, who were made to play as independents in Division I. 
          Since joining the AUIA, all sports have seen even greater success. Football as never missed a playoff, winning the A*Gulf’s automatic bid three times (second only behind Space coast with five). Basketball is a perennial power and always in the top of the conference and has never been lower than the 13th seed of the playoffs. Baseball is arguably the best in the nation, undoubtedly in the conference. Even hockey has seen great success, only missing the playoffs three times, two of which happened in the first four years.

• Like 2

Everything looks great, but i have 2 questions

When Dewi Saint wins, dos everyone get free/discounted Bojangles?

Does Space Coast have Helmet nights, or Free Orange nights?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?