Rams Logo by hettinger_rl *Final Version Posted 3/30/20*

hettinger_rl

I decided to get a concept going (like so many others) for the LA Rams. I used the vintage look from 51-82 as a starting point and used some reference images of bighorn sheep (even though the vintage look seems more like a domestic sheep). Just done in pencil for now, digital to come later.

spacer.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Wow! Beautiful work, as always. I think the strength/aggression of a ram is missing from what they came up with, and it works really well here. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. 

You can make out the top of a stylized A from the eye. Adding LA in the ram head would probably feel forced, but it would be interesting to have a secondary 'LA' logo using this styling to pair with the ram head. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Yes please! This is so good. 

18Hq.gif

What was your thought process on the left-facing orientation? The Eagles and Bengals (secondary) are the only two I can think of with logos that face left. I like how match-ups would look with the ram ready to butt heads with any of these other logos. 

46791936055_b3913393af_b.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

Yes please! This is so good. 

18Hq.gif

What was your thought process on the left-facing orientation? The Eagles and Bengals (secondary) are the only two I can think of with logos that face left. I like how match-ups would look with the ram ready to butt heads with any of these other logos. 

46791936055_b3913393af_b.jpg

While the idea of opposition to the majority of other NFL logos does intrigue me, the orientation was more influenced by the fact that the Rams' logos from 46-69 were left facing. I agree that matchup graphics would look great with this orientation. There is also connection to heraldry in which right facing animals were seen as a symbol of cowardice.

19 hours ago, B-mer said:

Came out amazing. Awesome job. 

Thank you!

18 hours ago, ramsker said:

I may be crazy and colorblind, but your blue seems off, almost purple. I'm definitely digging it though. Maybe a bit too much going on with the mouth.

The blue is HEX 003694 (Rams official is 003594) The yellow is HEX FFCC00 (Rams official is FFD100) So they aren't "exact" but one digit off in HEX. Maybe the "vignette" effect is throwing you off. Thanks for the comment!

4 minutes ago, pHiL Kizer said:

That's Hard!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Thank you!

Now for those that may like to see a key line around the ram:

spacer.png

Archived