NFL Soccer Cross Over

Roars87

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Baltimore looks great. My only gripe is that the shoulders of the gold jersey says Native American headdress to me.

I agree, maybe change it to black instead of white? It would at least somewhat avoid the comparison.

Updated Baltimore third is an excellent minor fix. The whole set looks phenomenal.

NY Giants I'm not sold on... The updated home and away are probably a lateral move in my eye, while the third is just too busy and I much preferred your first version. I understand where you're coming from, as you put it in your original Giants post, wanting to be a little gaudy for the tourists. The biggest thing for me that pushes it over the edge is the subway line letters: when you combine that with "MetLife" in the middle and the logo literally being the letters "NY" there's just too many letters and they all get a bit lost among each other. It could maybe work with just the colored circles without letters, or perhaps a section of the city's actual subway map (although it looks like both in real life and in concepts-land, maps as jersey elements are becoming somewhat less original of an idea, and particularly on soccer kits).

I have to say, though, the whole series is incredible. Hockey is my concepts bread-and-butter, so I don't have much to contribute beyond "this is awesome," but I thoroughly enjoy following this thread.

I think the updates to the Giants were steps in the wrong direction. Still very good for the home and away, but the initial version is much better, IMO.

Also, I think that that the Bucs should be pewter instead of black on that away.

As a Packer fan, I think you nailed my team. I'd use Georgia-Pacific as the logo for a more Wisconsin tie, but the sponsor really doesn't matter in regards to the kits.

The Steelers though... WOW. The Home and Away are so good, and so classic. And then the clash is possibly the best single kit out of the entire thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived