Welcome, everybody, to this brand new series! I can't wait to get going on this thing, and I just think it's super cool y'all are checking this out. Since I first posted my very first few concepts on here on a few months ago, I feel I've learned a lot, and hopefully you all see that improvement as this series unfolds. I'll try my very best to keep updates daily. Below is the order in which I will be posting all 30 MLB teams:

AL West -

Seattle Mariners (Ver. 2)

Oakland Athletics

Houston Astros (Houston Colt .45s)

Los Angeles Angels (Revamped Alts)

Texas Rangers

NL West -

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Francisco Giants (San Francisco Seals)

Arizona Diamondbacks

San Diego Padres

Colorado Rockies

AL Central -

Cleveland Indians

Kansas City Royals

- Chicago White Sox

- Detroit Tigers

- Minnesota Twins

NL Central -

- Pittsburgh Pirates

- Cincinnati Reds

- St. Louis Cardinals

- Milwaukee Brewers

- Chicago Cubs

AL East -

- Boston Red Sox

- New York Yankees

- Baltimore Orioles

- Tampa Bay Rays (Expos/Montreal rebrand)

- Toronto Blue Jays

NL East -

- Philadelphia Phillies

- New York Mets

- Atlanta Braves

- Washington Nationals (Senators rebrand)

- Miami Marlins

Each team will get four uniform options, including a home, road, and two alternate jerseys. For most teams, I will be avoiding adding throwbacks as their alts, but teams with classic looks like the Dodgers, Red Sox, and Yanks might end up with one as a fourth uniform option. some changes will be very small, others will be complete overhauls of team identities. And hopefully you'll like what I do to your favorite team's look. Anyway, that's enough talking.

Let's get this thing started! As always, constructive criticism is encouraged. Enjoy!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AL West: Seattle Mariners

Alrighty, our first team! For the M's I took their classic wordmark and trident logo (a favorite of mine) and played with the team's current colors. The Mariners introduced a baby blue Spring Training jersey not long ago, so I tried to tie that into the look as well. I'm not sure of it 100%. I like the contrast it creates, but I'm not sure if the teal and navy contrast each other enough. I do like the teal alt, but again, the contrasting becomes a concern.

Home-and-Away-Uniforms.png

Alt-1-and-Alt-2-Uniforms.png

What do you guys think? Suggestions, comments?

The Athletics are up next!

AL West: Oakland Athletics

I love how the A's stand out in the MLB. Their colors are so iconic. I also love their Kelly Green home alternates, included in my concept. I actually like them so much that I made Kelly Green common throughout their set of unis. The home look is based off of their '70s look, but the rest of the unis resemble their current threads. The sleeve piping is another small change I incorporated, but other than that, not too much of a change in their look at all.

The Houston Astros are next! What do you think of the A's?

Love the A's! I agree that the kelly green alt is easily their best jersey, love that you made it into a whole set. The only thing I'm not sold on is replacing the wordmark on the home. Just a personal preference. The Mariners look decent, but I don't really like how the baby blue interacts with the teal and navy. I think brightening the teal would make the whole set pop a lot more. Great start, excited to see what's next!

the user formerly known as cdclt

AL West: Houston Astros

The 'Stros feature a major change but also use a lot of throwback elements. All the orange is a call back to their home unis from the '70s and early '80s, the script is from the 2000's days in the NL, and the primary logo is their current logo without the shading. Each element tied together well in my opinion, but I was happiest with the alts. I like the way the orange stands out against the navy. 

What do you think? I've got a special Colt .45s redesign on deck.

Nice start to this series!

I really like what you've done with the Astros. Combining their 2000s "railmen" scripts with their modern colors is a nice idea and makes for a clean, fresh look. The A's look pretty solid, too. 

Unfortunately, the M's don't really do it for me. If you really want to use powder blue, I'd just make the road set powder blue instead of gray--the powder trim doesn't look good against the gray road jersey. I'd also make the Mariners cap logo white (instead of teal) with a light blue outline. I'd then make the script on the teal alt navy with white trim. 

Keep up the good work! 

AL West: Houston Colt .45s (Houston Astros)

Just as a fun addition to this series, I've got four extra designs lined up, two teams for both leagues. The first being the Houston Colt .45s. I've always loved their wordmark, and I had all sorts of fun with this carefree reintroduction to the team. Their real life look from their tenure from '62 to '64 and my concept inspired by the Milwaukee Brewers' former look are shown below. Enjoy!

The Stars Rise Again  Ten Oldest Living Former Colt .45s/Astros | The Pecan Park ...

Alt-1-and-Alt-2-Uniforms-pinstriped-home

16 hours ago, TheMilkman said:

@coco1997 If I went with the royal blue the team originally had, do you the light blue would be successful? I’ll redo the M’s when I get a chance.

I’d still keep the navy, but think about using a brighter shade of teal, as @QCS suggested. There needs to be more contrast between the navy and teal since they’re co-dominant colors.

Love the updated Colt .45’s! The navy and metallic gold fit well with the Old West, gunslinger identity. However, I would add a white outline around the cap logo since the gold is so dark, or go with a lighter shade of gold.

AL West: Los Angeles Angels

The Angels feature very little changes. The script is altered slightly, with a barely-noticeable increase in the size of the script outline. The navy blue is actually just a couple shades darker than the shade the team currently uses; this shade more closely resembles the navy they used in the '70s until the '90s. The golden halo also comes from that era and replaces the current, boring silver one. The home alternate is basically the same as their current one with a few changes such as the number color, but the away alt, in an attempt to make them not look too much like the Indians or Red Sox, uses the primary logo on the chest. 

Thoughts and comments welcomed!

Rangers are up next!

One nitpick: the first alt has double outlines on the script but only a single outline on the front numbers. I'd also make the script on the first alternate navy. I think the whole red on red look has really gotten stale and needs to be freshened up. 

And this is just my opinion, but I don't think any team needs two alternates of the same color. I know you really want to embrace the red, but I'd make one of them navy. 

AL West: Texas Rangers

The Rangers introduced their new unis this offseason, and I kinda hate them. There's so much going on, and so much of it is not good in my opinion. For one, the home jersey emphasizes the red, while the roads use blue as the primary color. Secondly, the home and away fonts are totally different, and they don't work well together. They brought back the cursive font, which I do like, and I also approve of the red, white, and blue sleeve piping coming back. My concept takes a completely different route and calls back the Washington Senators look, exchanging their red-dominant look for a blue one. It's a very simple look, but one I feel fits the team. For the baby blues I went back to the ones the Rangers wore in the late '70s and early '80s and took inspiration from those. My main gripe against the all-new powder blues is the white script. I changed it to red to replicate the old powder blues, and I think it's more successful. This set has taken the longest to create, so I hope it was worth all the time that went into it.

Home-and-Away-Uniforms-Option-2.png

Alt-1-and-Alt-2-Uniforms-Option-2.png

Before I go onto the NL West, I'll be posting some quick fixes to the M's and Angels. Hopefully I can get those up by the end of the day.

Just now, bcon_731 said:

@TheMilkman what team is the most difficult to think of a concept for? 

That's a tough question to answer! So far I'd say the Rangers, but the Mariners were tough, too. I'm still messing around with their look. In the past I've had trouble with the Diamondbacks and Rays, which are still to be featured in this series obviously. 

@TheMilkman You think theres a way to make a concept that doesnt have the logo or the wordmark on the chest but just an element of their logo? Something similar to those "Turn ahead the Clock" unis? I just had the idea of the halos uni, have the halo around the middle of number on the chest, left or right doesnt matter, then still have the patches on sleeves. Just a thought. 

5 minutes ago, bcon_731 said:

@TheMilkman You think theres a way to make a concept that doesnt have the logo or the wordmark on the chest but just an element of their logo? Something similar to those "Turn ahead the Clock" unis? I just had the idea of the halos uni, have the halo around the middle of number on the chest, left or right doesnt matter, then still have the patches on sleeves. Just a thought. 

Would probably be tough to do for many teams (Rockies, Dodgers, Yankees, etc. come to mind) but I do like the idea.

Archived