College Football by Magic Dynasty: Oklahoma State

PrimalCookie

Hey, everyone!

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted a concept here, mainly because I was never able to finish a project that I started. However, now that I’m stuck at home for the foreseeable future, I thought I would get back into the concept business with one of my favorite sports, college football. I took all 130 FBS programs, threw them into a random list generator, and Oklahoma State was the first to do. So, here they are:

OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS

2-C38-AED7-C610-4-DA3-BA67-2-C9-FC008-E8

With these jerseys, I looked to combine several eras into one distinct look, and I think I have it.

Helmets

OSU has always been simple with their helmets, and this concept is no exception. White and black, both with the OSU logo on the side. The white helmet has an orange facemask to add a bit of color and pop, while the black helmet also has a black facemask. No stripes, because I couldn’t figure out how to do the taper and I like their plain helmets anyway.

Jerseys

Here, as I mentioned, a few different looks from over the years are combined. The Northwestern stripes of Barry Sanders, the tapered trapezoids of the early 2010s, and the current number font come together to create a unique, but still classic, look. The stripes on the home orange jersey are black-orange-white-orange-black, the stripes on the away white jersey are black-white-orange-white-black, and the stripes on the alternate black jersey are orange-black-white-black-orange. All three have a contrasting collar and cuffs, in the color of the outer sleeve stripes.

Pants

The pants remain simple, with the white, orange, and black stripes matching the sleeves and an additional gray pair (to only be worn with the away jersey) keeping the white jersey’s stripes. Why keep the gray if it’s nowhere else in the design (except for the outline on the black helmet)? No real reason, I just think it looks good.

Combos

Almost every element can be mixed and matched with each other. However, white-orange-black, white-black-orange, and the gray pants with any colored jersey is banned. The “primary” combos will be white-orange-white, black-white-gray, and all black.

Hope you all enjoy, and I’ll be back soon with a new team to show off!

ExJworW.png

Archived