Madison Muskies Re-born...re-spawned

mcrosby

Before the order to stay at home, I found myself a classic Madison Muskies jacket (sewed the front patch on myself). This gave me the itch and I've rebranded the Muskies as though they never gave way to the Madison Hatters, Madison Black Wolf, and eventually the Madison Mallards. Eat your heart out, Brandiose. 

hS7RtW1.jpgQt7Gp12.jpg

538FvNZ.png

82JCXHN.png

Guest darkpiranha
53 minutes ago, Jeffery said:

I like it! Very clever use of the fishing rod as the bat.

It's not a fishing rod, it's a baseball bait.

18 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Before the order to stay at home, I found myself a classic Madison Muskies jacket (sewed the front patch on myself). This gave me the itch and I've rebranded the Muskies as though they never gave way to the Madison Hatters, Madison Black Wolf, and eventually the Madison Mallards. Eat your heart out, Brandiose. 

hS7RtW1.jpgQt7Gp12.jpg

538FvNZ.png

82JCXHN.png

I am loving the bottom logo best that it really stands out. Yellow outline take out the look of how it should be represented. Great work, dude! Hope there are more in future on this!

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

I think the facial features of the muskie could use some refinement.  A slightly larger eye and pupil would reduce the zombie look, and having the bottom part of the mouth curve upward at the end instead of downward (more similar to the old logo) provides greater definition.

Guest darkpiranha
19 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

It's not a bat or a rod.... it's a lure.

(Shhhh... no need for facts to spoil an otherwise lame, but good, pun.)  

Great graphic design work. Clean lines, good color distribution, and a great job of keeping the character of the old logo! The word mark is well done too!

My one critique would be branding wise-It looks like it's a lure right now? I think it makes more sense to be a rod/bat than a lure/bat.B ut that's more of a marketing/brand criticism and not anything with the design.

Oh and for what it's worth-I think the yellow outline gives it a nice pop, but the white is safe and looks good too. The version with the M would be a great "fauxback" or secondary but the updated is my preference. Not a big fan of the M with the lure hat-seems off composition wise and the lure has a lot more visual weight than the thin M. 

Archived