I'd like your opnion on Rams logo concept variants

Darth Brooks

34 minutes ago, Darth Brooks said:

3DZFQ4M.jpg

I've been working up a concept of the Rams. There are a number of variants that I've been kicking around and I want to hear some opinions. Which do you like the best? What features work best? Is the underlying drawing work as a logo?

EDIT: WAIT I CAN SEE THEM

I feel like some work needs to be given to underneath the horn, not sure what but it makes the far left feel detached from the logo. I'd personally go with the bottom left, and try to make the tips of the horns sharper as well.

At first, I thought it was a steer skull. And then I realized that would make an awesome logo for the Texans. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 3/31/2020 at 6:59 PM, Htown1141 said:

EDIT: WAIT I CAN SEE THEM

I feel like some work needs to be given to underneath the horn, not sure what but it makes the far left feel detached from the logo. I'd personally go with the bottom left, and try to make the tips of the horns sharper as well.

mlrcFJI.jpg

Like so?

Much better! I'd say the next thing is work on the mouth. right now, everything else feels dynamic and sleek, but the mouth and the subsequent area around it looks kinda dorky, if that makes sense. keep refining and try to create something that fits with an otherwise really sleek look

Guest darkpiranha

I like this version, but with the lighter gold eyes (the one dead center).  In general, I prefer eyes over no eyes throughout.  As an extreme variant, I like the all-gold Ram as well.  

10 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

Much better! I'd say the next thing is work on the mouth. right now, everything else feels dynamic and sleek, but the mouth and the subsequent area around it looks kinda dorky, if that makes sense. keep refining and try to create something that fits with an otherwise really sleek look

I spent today working on the horns, cleaning up the shape and this is the current version with a variation on the Rams wordmark. You're right, the mouth is just kinda there and I'll think about what to do with it. I might pull back the horn a little bit on the left side of the face too. It just hit me how close it is to the shadow line. A few tweaks here and there.

e8UER5V.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived