Sign in to follow this  
Darth Brooks

I'd like your opnion on Rams logo concept variants

Recommended Posts

3DZFQ4M.jpg

 

I've been working up a concept of the Rams. There are a number of variants that I've been kicking around and I want to hear some opinions. Which do you like the best? What features work best? Is the underlying drawing work as a logo?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Darth Brooks said:

3DZFQ4M.jpg

 

I've been working up a concept of the Rams. There are a number of variants that I've been kicking around and I want to hear some opinions. Which do you like the best? What features work best? Is the underlying drawing work as a logo?

 

EDIT: WAIT I CAN SEE THEM

I feel like some work needs to be given to underneath the horn, not sure what but it makes the far left feel detached from the logo. I'd personally go with the bottom left, and try to make the tips of the horns sharper as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second row, second to last one is my favorite — switch the eye from white to gold and it's a winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first, I thought it was a steer skull. And then I realized that would make an awesome logo for the Texans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 6:59 PM, Htown1141 said:

EDIT: WAIT I CAN SEE THEM

I feel like some work needs to be given to underneath the horn, not sure what but it makes the far left feel detached from the logo. I'd personally go with the bottom left, and try to make the tips of the horns sharper as well.

mlrcFJI.jpg

 

Like so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much better! I'd say the next thing is work on the mouth. right now, everything else feels dynamic and sleek, but the mouth and the subsequent area around it looks kinda dorky, if that makes sense. keep refining and try to create something that fits with an otherwise really sleek look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this version, but with the lighter gold eyes (the one dead center).  In general, I prefer eyes over no eyes throughout.  As an extreme variant, I like the all-gold Ram as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

Much better! I'd say the next thing is work on the mouth. right now, everything else feels dynamic and sleek, but the mouth and the subsequent area around it looks kinda dorky, if that makes sense. keep refining and try to create something that fits with an otherwise really sleek look

I spent today working on the horns, cleaning up the shape and this is the current version with a variation on the Rams wordmark. You're right, the mouth is just kinda there and I'll think about what to do with it. I might pull back the horn a little bit on the left side of the face too. It just hit me how close it is to the shadow line. A few tweaks here and there.

 

e8UER5V.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bottom left corner is amazing! Who know that a little blue dot would make that much of a difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's not much to win. Anyways, I messed with the shape of the head and the shading a bit, fixing a couple of things that bugged me the more I looked at it.

 

sZkjoon.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this