Bojangles new logo

sc49erfan15

I saw this in a commercial, but can't find anything online about it.

New:

gtfaXpQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Old:

Boj_Logo_2A.png

Old:

BoOvalLogo.jpg

Not sure if they're rolling out a new version of that too, since the wordmark was only shown in the commercial.

The old logo isn't too far removed from the original location that opened in Charlotte in 1977:

old-building.png

There have been some small updates regarding the spacing of the letters over the years...

timeline_1978.jpg

...but this is a much bigger update. I think I prefer the old one, but I'll wait until I see it in its various uses.

One significant upgrade: they removed the apostrophe. Now you don't have to guess whether it's Bojangle's or Bojangles' (it's the latter)... it's just Bojangles.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I agree with you, the one good thing from this is the removal of the apostrophe. However, I think that this one is a downgrade. The fun and real character of the old logo is lost on this update. I guess I'll wait to see how it's applied to make a final judgement, but I'm not particularly excited about this one. That said, I haven't had Bojangles in weeks and I could really go for some right about now.

the user formerly known as cdclt

They probably would've been ok keeping the oval. But overall, a slim trim clean update. I'm cool with it.

(I don't do fried chicken anymore, but I do remember Bojangles having some of the best anywhere back in the day.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like it. I don't think it gets rid of the true Bojangles aesthetic, but it definitely cleans it up. They could've kept the circle, sure, but this will clean it up for merchandising purposes.

I'm a fan.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2020 at 11:10 PM, Buc said:

They probably would've been ok keeping the oval. But overall, a slim trim clean update. I'm cool with it.

The new branding package has been released on their website, and includes an oval logo.

Bo_MonumentSign_DesignIntent_011320-01-1

I had a feeling they'd keep it, since their signage is usually in the shape of an oval. Would be a lot of unnecessary work to replace the entire structure vs. just switching out the sign.

5-3.jpg

A significant omission from this branding package is the "Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits" text. I guess they're either A) banking on everyone already knowing they're famous for, well, chicken and biscuits, or Bee) emphasizing other items on their menu. I'm not sure how well that second option would go for them, since I can't remember the last time I ate Bojangles and didn't have some combination of chicken and biscuits.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

It's interesting that Bojangles', Popeyes, and Church's have all changed either their logo or color scheme over the last year.

Incidentally, I'm a big fan of the spicy bone-in chicken at all three places.  (IMO, all of them are much better than KFC.)  I rank them based on their chicken as follows:

1) Popeyes (have been a fan since I first discovered them in late 2000)

2) Bojangles' (have the best side - dirty rice, and very good biscuits)

3) Church's (have the best biscuits)

What the bojangles is a Bojangles?

Google says they sell fried chicken.  Never heard of 'em.

--edit--

Looked up their website and 75% of all their locations are in NC, SC and GA.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived