Carolina Panthers x QCS (1/32, maybe)

sky1324

I was sketching some logos while procrastinating and came up with some logos that I think are better than the current ones, so I decided to go and do an entire redesign of the NFL, one team at a time. I really have no clue when I'll get to the next one, the schedule is basically I get to it when I get to it. That said, I only have the first two teams planned, so feel free to request any teams you want! No uniforms right now, but I will get to them soon.

Without further ado, the first team on the list, my hometown team, the Carolina Panthers!

spacer.png

Both of the Panthers' logos have been really, really close to being perfect. The original has some issues with the facial structure and color-changing whiskers, while the current one has tons of unnecessary and simply awful detailing. In this concept, I aimed to combine the two logos into one that would fix both issues. To that end, most of the outline and structure of the logo comes from the original, while the left (our right) side is done entirely by me. I kept the black outline from the original so that the logo could be properly displayed on blue with minimal effort, and added a black outline around the blue whiskers that extend beyond the face. The facial features mostly come from the modern logo, although the left eye has been replaced by an almost mirror image of the right. The blue has also been lightened, from #0085CA to #1A99D5. I think this helps to brighten up the team overall, along with the complete removal of silver. I imagine this version of the Panthers would use blue helmets, with three combinations: Blue White White Blue, Blue Black Black Blue, and Blue Blue White Blue. The team would basically shift from being a more black-dominant team to being a blue-dominant team, helping to distinguish them from the Falcons and the Saints to an extent. 

So, what do you think? C&C very much appreciated!

the user formerly known as cdclt

3 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

I like it, but one thing to consider, maybe, is adjusting the whiskers on the right side of the logo to extend further onto the face to match the left side.

You got it! How's this?

spacer.png

C&C Appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Hey, remember this? 'Cause I do! I've recently been in a football mood with the AltFL over on AHSports, so I figured with a good template and some inspiration I'd tackle the Panthers' uniforms and maybe even continue this series. The main idea was to continue the removal of silver and clean up the look overall. Universal changes include a blue helmet with black stripes, the removal of the logo on the sleeves and replacing them with TV numbers, and altering the pants stripe to swoop in a similar way to the helmet. The overall set was mostly retained because I like it a lot and it looks good. I kept the number font and "Keep Pounding" inside the collar as well as mostly maintaining how color-on-color applications work. The only change I made was removing the outline of black on blue on the helmet and jersey.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The set has two pants options, white and black, and one pair of socks, blue. The main away (and early home) look is white over white. The home look is black over black and the alt is blue over white. Mix-and-match would be discouraged, though the main reason is to avoid using the black pants with anything other than a black jersey. So, what do you think? C&C very much appreciated!

(I just noticed the helmet stripe doesn't quite match up on the bottom. That's incorrect, they should be the same length.)

4 hours ago, Krz said:

Looks great! The helmet is giving me Dallas Renegades vibes. 

Thanks! I like the blue helmet a lot, I think it ties the whole thing together.

2 hours ago, LogoFan said:

I like it, particularly the helmet.  I miss the silver, though...otherwise, great job!

Thank you! I removed silver because I think it muddies the color scheme which could otherwise shine without it. 

Archived