DoctaC's NBA Concepts (Mavs Added, Cavs Updates 5/15)

DoctaC

DoctaC's NBA Uniform & Logo Concepts

7/32 Completed

Atlanta Hawks

Boston Celtics

Brooklyn Nets

Charlotte Hornets

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Dallas Mavericks

All Completed Logos

4EryIib.png

While spending the past few weeks social distancing, I've got back into making concepts. Today I'll be starting a series rebranding the NBA in alphabetical order.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Hawks script is great!

The filled in logo looks better than I'd expect, too.

The city uniform is an upgrade, but it could use more peach trim and a bit less black.

I really like the net pattern for the Nets. What’s the reasoning for the shoulder stripes?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Hawks look great, I always brushed away the idea that the triangle pattern could ever look good but it really works here! I don't mind the Celtics, but I feel like those are some of the few uniforms in sports you just can't touch. I love the city edition, and I'm a fan of the alternate but I feel the gold needs to be kept as a trim and the stripes should be more green-heavy. Brooklyn looks great too, as well as all your logo updates. Excited for the rest of the sets!

21 hours ago, Chawls said:

I really like the net pattern for the Nets. What’s the reasoning for the shoulder stripes?

Thank you, I originally only had the shoulder stripes on the city edition - there were some on the Dodgers uniform I based it off of. But, then I put them on the other 3 uniforms to see how they looked, and I liked them.

4 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

Nets look awesome, I think their actual uniforms are clean but so simple, these add the perfect amount of flair that they need. Also they remind me of the old NJ Nets pattern, which of course I'm a fan of. Nice work

Thank you!

2 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Hawks look great, I always brushed away the idea that the triangle pattern could ever look good but it really works here! I don't mind the Celtics, but I feel like those are some of the few uniforms in sports you just can't touch. I love the city edition, and I'm a fan of the alternate but I feel the gold needs to be kept as a trim and the stripes should be more green-heavy. Brooklyn looks great too, as well as all your logo updates. Excited for the rest of the sets!

I agree, the Celtics are one of the uniforms in sports that shouldn't be touched, but instead of just recreating the real-life design I wanted to create something a little different. For the alternate, I took your suggestion and made the stripes more green heavy, and I think it looks much better.

I'm glad you like the Hawks and Nets!

Charlotte Hornets

spacer.png

spacer.png

- Updated word marks.

- New number design that uses a honeycomb pattern.

- New side-stripe design. It's simpler, and the bottom ending in a point is meant to symbolize a hornet's stinger.

- City Edition based off of NASCAR, as Charlotte is a major NASCAR hub.

Original:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

- New colors. Dropped gray entirely. Used the bluish-purple and light blue from the New Orleans Hornets era.

- New number design that uses a honeycomb pattern.

- New side-stripe design. It's simpler, and the bottom ending in a point is meant to symbolize a hornet's stinger.

- "X" design on the shorts of the city edition is based on the Charlotte flag. I then added the honeycomb pattern inside of it as well.

C+C appreciated

Really not a fan of none of the jerseys actually reading Charlotte. I also kinda prefer the current Hornets wordmark on the jerseys instead of the one from the logo. The striping is ok, the honeycomb in the numbers isn't great honestly, the black alt is garbage as always, the Hornets should never have a black jersey, and Buzz City is also as stupid as always. I also don't like the new colors, the colors from the '90s are much better, and the New Orleans era is not part of Hornets history. I like the flag-style striping on the City, however, that's a clever idea. I like your other concepts, but this one is a big miss for me.

the user formerly known as cdclt

16 minutes ago, QCS said:

Really not a fan of none of the jerseys actually reading Charlotte.

Have to agree here. Not sure what it is, but I never find myself liking jerseys with abbreviated names (CHA, PHX, what have you) and city nicknames, especially if the city's name isn't displayed in full on at least one of the uniforms. 

2 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Have to agree here. Not sure what it is, but I never find myself liking jerseys with abbreviated names (CHA, PHX, what have you) and city nicknames, especially if the city's name isn't displayed in full on at least one of the uniforms. 

The worst part is CHA isn't even Charlotte's accepted abbreviation, CLT is. Just like Buzz City, this is something the inept Hornets ownership is trying to force down our throats.

Just now, ns1 said:

Here is my wizards rebrand now the monumentsMonuments

Um, I'm not sure if you put this in the wrong thread or something, but it's board etiquette to not put your own concepts in someone else's thread. Not to mention your link doesn't lead anywhere. If you want to share your concepts, you can start a new thread that's just for you and your ideas.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:56 PM, QCS said:

Really not a fan of none of the jerseys actually reading Charlotte. I also kinda prefer the current Hornets wordmark on the jerseys instead of the one from the logo. The striping is ok, the honeycomb in the numbers isn't great honestly, the black alt is garbage as always, the Hornets should never have a black jersey, and Buzz City is also as stupid as always. I also don't like the new colors, the colors from the '90s are much better, and the New Orleans era is not part of Hornets history. I like the flag-style striping on the City, however, that's a clever idea. I like your other concepts, but this one is a big miss for me.

On 4/8/2020 at 9:14 PM, ahowe6464 said:

Made some changes to the Hornets, let me know what you think:

spacer.png

- New word marks on the icon and association editions, one now says "Charlotte" instead of "Hornets."

- Kept the same light blue color, but used the purple from the '90s.

- New statement edition.

- New city edition based off of NASCAR, as Charlotte is a major NASCAR hub.

Archived