MLB What Might Have Been... Team(s) that almost happened but didn't...

hallucinathan

I recently read an article on here by @CC97 about the original owner of the Marlins wanting to name the team the Flamingos. The article also mentions the idea of going with South Florida instead of just Florida or Miami. Both of these ideas were ultimately shut down but I thought it would be fun to make a concept of what might have been. I had a blast making this and would love to explore other options if anyone has any info on team names that almost happened but didn't. Especially any that are as wild as this one. Hope you enjoy!! 

Disclaimer: everything I know (not much) about Photoshop/Illustrator I learned from YouTube so keep that in mind when viewing these. C&C always appreciated.

First up we have the logo: 

KJXje6q.png

The uniforms:

WrWeKmy.jpg QR604yR.jpg WDby82P.jpg 9AhZfzB.jpg

2 hours ago, Blindsay said:

This.. is.... GREAT 

I appreciate that, it was a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, bcon_731 said:

There needs to be a "What if" promo and marlins need this! 

A league-wide "what if?" promo would be incredible. Some teams would have to fake it like the Rays do with their fauxback uniforms. I'd love to make more of these concepts, just need to find some other good options

23 hours ago, Whittier S said:

A slight change of angle with the legs, and you have an F to go with the S of the body.

20 hours ago, worcat said:

This x100

I considered this while making it and really liked the idea but couldn't really pinpoint a solution. It just never looked like an F to me. One leg was the base of the F and the other came across but it was missing the 3rd line and looked more like a T or a 4 to me. Would you get rid of the other F entirely? Or keep the original F in addition to the legs F?

2 minutes ago, hallucinathan said:

I considered this while making it and really liked the idea but couldn't really pinpoint how to make it obvious enough. Would you get rid of the other F entirely? Or keep the original F in addition to the legs F?

I think both would be redundant. The implicit S and F would make up South Florida, with the Flamingo itself standing for Flamingos

Archived