Buc

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

(which plays into @Htown1141's idea that pewter was a last-minute addition).

I was actually railing on how I disliked the uniforms and my lovely man @IceCap explained my critiques exist because the pewter was a last-minute type deal. Speaking of critiques....

This uniform is so gd lame. I don't really care that they look "classic" or something stupid like that, this is an expansion team from 1976 and a single 10 year window within their history where they were good. This is not a classic team, and the damn logo is evidence of that. Everything I said about the old bucs unis applies here, except replace my arena league remark about the logo with something about eSports. As far as ranking it goes, 31 to maybe 20, tops.

It shouldn't be that difficult Nike... 

OrangeAdded.jpg

Overall, it’s a major improvement over the last set. But that was a low bar to set.

If I had minor critiques, I’d say they should make the collars full color instead of the minor contrasting trim. I also would prefer a white wordmark on the red jersey.

The pewter set is pretty bad. If they insisted on a pewter set, they should have integrated all of the colors better so that they could mix and match with the rest of the set. As it stands, the pewter jersey can exclusively pair with the pewter pants as it doesn’t match. Either integrate all of the colors or go with black. The all pewter isn’t working.

On the whole, much better, though.

Posted (edited)

Just realized I never posted my opinions of the new unis so..

Yes a definite upgrade, the trash alarm clock number unis are finally in the dustbin.

Edited by TrueYankee26
Spelling

I refuse to accept that Nike can’t find a way to make the shiny pewter material. Otherwise dump the pewter pants just go with the white.

1 minute ago, Froob said:

Pewter set is bad but otherwise huge improvement.

I can't see how anyone likes the all-pewter set. It is so drab. 

13 minutes ago, GFB said:

If you look closely, Godwin's helmet decals are smaller than the other two (look at the distance between the two sword points on the top of the helmet) . Maybe this is a helmet model issue... they can't fit the large decals on Godwin's model of helmet?

Godwin's decals are huge (look how far the sword goes down past the earhole); he's wearing a different style helmet than the other two players are wearing (they're wearing Speed/Speed Flex) 

I’m with this red becoming darker, I’m thinking Atlanta will be bright red!

Not sure if it has been said yet, but:

NIKE CAN AND DID MAKE THE NUMBERS A STANDARD BLOCK FONT!

1 minute ago, JayMac said:

It works because pewter is an unusual that this team owns. It's also not painful on the eyes nor associated with historical awfulness, the way the other unusual color associated with the Bucs is.

2 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Bucs poll as to which of the 3 the fans like the best has the pewter set winning with 50% lol

16 minutes ago, TruColor said:

Waiting on official confirmation, but about 99.99999999% sure the Red AND the Orange are changing back to the previous uniform sets' versions.

Can I just say on behalf of the board in general, it's good to have your factual contribution on team colors again?

4 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Because cannonballs? I guess? 😛

I hope we do see the Creamsicles come back as well.

Bucs poll as to which of the 3 the fans like the best has the pewter set winning with 50% lol

Twitter polls run on Fire Emoji logic, tho. ;)

Good thing we can only see it 12.5% of the time each season!

14 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

In case you wondered what TB12 looked like.

6bb761eb-23ca-45dd-b758-b099a4cfcee2.jpg

Putting the wordmark in orange on the pewter jersey, or making the collar trim orange, or an orange NOB would have been improvement(s)

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

It works because pewter is an unusual that this team owns. It's also not painful on the eyes nor associated with historical awfulness, the way the other unusual color associated with the Bucs is.

I think the red outline on the numbers running into the pewter/gray is very tough on the eyes. 

4 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Not sure if has been said yet, but:

NIKE CAN AND DID MAKE THE NUMBERS A STANDARD BLOCK FONT!

Not just that, it's the specific variation the team used from '97-'13!

th?id=OIP.XalHDQz0izwMJH5E3CsCKgHaMm%26pid=Api&f=17904b_lg.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

Screen-Shot-2020-04-07-at-1.14.36-PM-590

There may be slight differences, but the "5" and "4" have the same shape. I like this commitment to detail!