Buc

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

Recommended Posts

On 2/13/2020 at 9:02 PM, wyopokes2 said:

Not trying to turn this into the concept page but here's a few other tweeks. Personally like the top left

 

spacer.png

I’m very intrigued by the orange and pewter look in the bottom right corner...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe I am in the minority here, but I think all they need to do is tweak their set a bit. I love the oversized helmet flag, just the chrome has to go, it should be all pewter. A better number font for them, and they should wear better combos (red-pewter home, white-pewter or white-white) away exclusively. And they shouldn’t even bother with a color rush. Just my 2 cents here.

 

i love the creamsicle look but I can’t imagine the logo modernized and looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

i love the creamsicle look but I can’t imagine the logo modernized and looking good.

spacer.png

This is the perfect update to Bucco Bruce, IMO, and a brilliant logo for the Bucs. Way cooler then a basic flag logo. The Bucs should capture the iconicity of the pirate motif in their actual logo; people think "pirate" and see something like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the flag logo honestly. I think its well balanced, has the perfect amount of detail for a sports logo, looks good on most applications, etc. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a rendition of it with an updated creamsicle colour scheme/uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chromatic said:

I love the flag logo honestly. I think its well balanced, has the perfect amount of detail for a sports logo, looks good on most applications, etc. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a rendition of it with an updated creamsicle colour scheme/uniforms.

I think the flag would make an excellent secondary, yeah. Bucco Bruce primary/Super Bowl-era flag secondary both in the creamsicle colors would be my ideal Bucs logo package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

I’m very intrigued by the orange and pewter look in the bottom right corner...


Seconded.

 

For all of the (likely) outgoing Bucs set’s flaws, IMO they got the shades of Red and Orange right.

 

I’d still neutralize and/or darken the Pewter a little more, but even it doesn’t look bad on the jerseys when paired with the Creamsicle orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TBGKon said:

It was always orange, didn’t exactly match the jerseys on those mini replicas.  This photo was accurate.

 

maxresdefault.jpg

 

 

In that photo, the facemask is creamsicle.. and it's slightly lighter than the center helmet stripe (also supposed to be creamsicle).. It was never orange... Always creamsicle.. however, in the helmet posted previously, the facemask was nearly as dark as the red stripes.. More of a Broncos or Bengals orange..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

This is the perfect update to Bucco Bruce, IMO, and a brilliant logo for the Bucs. Way cooler then a basic flag logo. The Bucs should capture the iconicity of the pirate motif in their actual logo; people think "pirate" and see something like this.

 

Why he's got testicles on his chin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see orange become the primary color again. Maybe something like this, pretty much a recolored 07-13 set.  

M0zviaX.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BucsBoy02 said:

I would love to see orange become the primary color again. Maybe something like this, pretty much a recolored 07-13 set.  

M0zviaX.png

 

Lovely, but the oversized flag on the helmet still needs to go.  Either go back to the smaller version or just use the skull by itself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

Lovely, but the oversized flag on the helmet still needs to go.  Either go back to the smaller version or just use the skull by itself.  

Or we can use Bucco Bruce as the primary and have that on the helmets. 😛 That is what a stereotypical pirate/buccaneer looks like, after all.

 

7 hours ago, pepis21 said:

 

Why he's got testicles on his chin?

Why don't you have testicles on your chin? 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

I would love to see orange become the primary color again. Maybe something like this, pretty much a recolored 07-13 set.  

M0zviaX.png

 

I would like to see them move in this type of direction, although I think the creamsicle flag is both unattractive and unnecessary.. I know it's a popular idea that the helmet and pants need to be more creamsicle-heavy, but I disagree.. like the Broncos, Falcons, Ravens, and a few others, you can both have a helmet color that doesn't match the jersey color AND a logo that doesn't primarily feature the jersey color much.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I would like to see them move in this type of direction, although I think the creamsicle flag is both unattractive and unnecessary.. I know it's a popular idea that the helmet and pants need to be more creamsicle-heavy, but I disagree.. like the Broncos, Falcons, Ravens, and a few others, you can both have a helmet color that doesn't match the jersey color AND a logo that doesn't primarily feature the jersey color much.. 

could not disagree more with this statement I have hardly ever seen a uniform look good when nothing from the helmets match the jersey... one exception I can think of is Giants away it should not look good but for some reason I like it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

I would love to see orange become the primary color again. Maybe something like this, pretty much a recolored 07-13 set.  

M0zviaX.png

 


I like this a lot, but I’d still try to work in some more red. Maybe a solid red outline on the numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t place why, but for some reason the flag never looks quite right in orange/creamsicle to me. It’s as if it loses something when it’s a brighter color, and I’m not sure what.

 

Also worth noting is that any logo wouldn’t have to be predominantly creamsicle to work with a creamsicle return; Bucco Bruce as a whole logo is more red than creamsicle, and I think that was actually a big strength as it contrasted well with the rest of the uniform and balanced the whole thing very nicely. If any logo they choose to go with has a red-first/creamsicle-second color balance, I think it’d work just fine with a creamsicle uniform set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone look up & post pantone swatches for Tennessee Volunteer Orange vs Tampa Bay Creamsicle Orange?

Asking for reasons but may not matter if they are not close/same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Volt said:

Can someone look up & post pantone swatches for Tennessee Volunteer Orange vs Tampa Bay Creamsicle Orange?

Asking for reasons but may not matter if they are not close/same.

 

i see that both UT and TB are using PMS 151 orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

This is the perfect update to Bucco Bruce, IMO, and a brilliant logo for the Bucs. Way cooler then a basic flag logo. The Bucs should capture the iconicity of the pirate motif in their actual logo; people think "pirate" and see something like this.

 

it's pretty good. Whoever drew this is talented and probably very very handsome. 

 

 

(I prefer the updated, simplified version)

spacer.png 

 

 

9 hours ago, pepis21 said:

 

Why he's got testicles on his chin?

 

I don't see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm willing to wager they'll use a white helmet so they have the the ability to wear creamsicle throwbacks, which is another unintended consequence of the silly one helmet rule. I'd prefer pewter (with a black facemask!), but I could live with white if done right. Big if. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.