Buc

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

spacer.png

Here's a quick (and admitedly somewhat crude) concept I whipped up using @Sport's modernized Bucco Bruce and a pewter-red-creamsicle color scheme. I actually really like how this looks, personally.

EDIT: And here's the same helmet with a recolored Super Bowl-era logo;

spacer.png

I think a black face mask is the best choice if what we are hearing for a uniform is right. Orange or red just don’t fit with the pewter helmet. 
Also can anyone mock up what a set of red pants to see what it would look like in the Super Bowl era stripe style. 

wOULdld an orANGee facemasSK WORr?K

Neendsmore OANRAGE

heRES my CONceptpt with ORAeng

creamselcele is BETTER

32 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Cardinals jerseys have always been darker red than scarlet though. And usually with white helmets. 

Granted, but that was still the first thought I had when seeing it.

The same thing used to bug me in the 80s and 90s with the Bills and Giants jerseys. 

On 3/18/2020 at 12:25 AM, FiddySicks said:

Every single time I think the creamsicle uniforms and helmets were the best...someone posts a picture of the Super Bowl era set and makes me realize how effin’ hot that whole look is.  

Well played.  Well played, indeed.

On 3/18/2020 at 12:20 AM, Haz_Matt said:

Would look pretty similar to this I'd guess

spacer.png

On 3/18/2020 at 12:25 AM, FiddySicks said:

Every single time I think the creamsicle uniforms and helmets were the best...someone posts a picture of the Super Bowl era set and makes me realize how effin’ hot that whole look is.  

That really is a classy uniform.

34 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

wOULdld an orANGee facemasSK WORr?K

Neendsmore OANRAGE

heRES my CONceptpt with ORAeng

creamselcele is BETTER

OMG...how did I wind up on MySpace? 🤣

The pewter/red/pewter and pewter/white/pewter combos always felt to me like a perfect analogue to Green Bay's yellow/X/yellow set when both teams were in the old NFC Central division. 

I didn't like when they used white pants because they had perfect home/road uniforms with the pewter pants:

th?id=OIP.WJvSBU9S7hh3_nlniWOUpwHaHN&pid

th?id=OIP.vzelFV7wj1Idmu4OsdfL5gHaE-&pid

7 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The pewter/red/pewter and pewter/white/pewter combos always felt to me like a perfect analogue to Green Bay's yellow/X/yellow set when both teams were in the old NFC Central division. 

I didn't like when they used white pants because they had perfect home/road uniforms with the pewter pants:

th?id=OIP.WJvSBU9S7hh3_nlniWOUpwHaHN&pid

th?id=OIP.vzelFV7wj1Idmu4OsdfL5gHaE-&pid

I liked this look though...especially in hot weather games. Something about it just clicks:

tampa-fl-usa-18th-sep-2005-tampa-bay-buc

Image result for 2005 tampa bay buccaneers

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I liked this look though...especially in hot weather games. Something about it just clicks:

tampa-fl-usa-18th-sep-2005-tampa-bay-buc

Image result for 2005 tampa bay buccaneers

non black socks would have been a slight improvement

Noticed that the Bucs twitter account has the logo on a white backdrop.  Imagine if all the reports were wrong and they really went white helmets with the Super Bowl era look?  Would give them the ability to do throwbacks too, which were shown in the teaser reel.  Obviously doubtful, just food for thought 

13 minutes ago, kutztown said:

Noticed that the Bucs twitter account has the logo on a white backdrop.  Imagine if all the reports were wrong and they really went white helmets with the Super Bowl era look?  Would give them the ability to do throwbacks too, which were shown in the teaser reel.  Obviously doubtful, just food for thought 

The Jaguars were using a black and white version of their logo leading on Twitter up to their recent redesign. People thought it was the new logo. It wasn't. 

The Jets were using forest and neon green on Twitter up to their recent redesign. Turned out they ended up going with their 80s/90s kelly green. 

What teams use for social media is immaterial to any rebranding. 

7 minutes ago, IceCap said:

The Jaguars were using a black and white version of their logo leading on Twitter up to their recent redesign. People thought it was the new logo. It wasn't. 

The Jets were using forest and neon green on Twitter up to their recent redesign. Turned out they ended up going with their 80s/90s kelly green. 

What teams use for social media is immaterial to any rebranding. 

You're right.  I should have underlined and italicized imagine.  Oh wait... 🤣

3 hours ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

Those all whites looked like the players pooped their pants.

LOLWUT?

5 hours ago, guest23 said:

non black socks would have been a slight improvement

I used red socks with it in madden the other day. It looked good but something didn't sit well with me about the look.

2 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I used red socks with it in madden the other day. It looked good but something didn't sit well with me about the look.

How about orange?

5 hours ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

Those all whites looked like the players pooped their pants.

Reminds me of the old joke where the ship captain hears there’s a pirate ship on the way, and asks for his red shirt so his men can’t see him bleeding if he’s wounded. Then it turns out there are ten ships coming at them, and he asks for his brown pants. 

45 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Reminds me of the old joke where the ship captain hears there’s a pirate ship on the way, and asks for his red shirt so his men can’t see him bleeding if he’s wounded. Then it turns out there are ten ships coming at them, and he asks for his brown pants. 

Makes me laugh every time I hear it...