Buc

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

23 minutes ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

You and Vike know that these teams wore their throwback helmets a couple of years ago, right? They didn't go berserk then and it won't happen now.

That wasn't the trend back then, have you checked Oregon or any smaller conference college football team the latter part of this past decade? Each of them had a team color, white, black and chrome helmet with separate 

sets to go along with each helmet.

15 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

That wasn't the trend back then, have you checked Oregon or any smaller conference college football team the latter part of this past decade? Each of them had a team color, white, black and chrome helmet with separate 

sets to go along with each helmet.

So, by 2013 Cincinnati, ECU, Houston, Memphis, USF and many others were already wearing multiple helmets. 2012 was the last season the Buccaneers were able to wear the white helmet. As early as 2009 Tulsa was wearing multiple helmets. Baylor had 5 different color of helmets in 2013.

13 hours ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

That's unique - can't say I've met a Packers fan who didn't at least dislike the Vikings, or vice versa.

Lived in Minnesota since I was 4, all my friends are Vikings fans. Hard not to root for them as well. Was really hoping for a Vikings vs Packers NFC Championship this year, with the Packers winning of course.

7 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

Lived in Minnesota since I was 4, all my friends are Vikings fans. Hard not to root for them as well. Was really hoping for a Vikings vs Packers NFC Championship this year, with the Packers winning of course.

You know what they say if you have two favorite teams?

You don't have a favorite team.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You know what they say if you have two favorite teams?

You don't have a favorite team.

Ehhh...I mean, growing up a Buccaneers and, once they were born, a Jaguars fan, I guess I could say I always had two. (now if you were to ask me who I'd pull for when they played each other, well...I often never took sides.)  BUT, due to having moved around the country so much, I've tended to gravitate toward whatever team was in the town I lived in* (or closest to), which is how i ended up following the Colts for four years while living in Indy (of course by that time the Jags had become cheeks, so it wasn't that big a deal), and later the Snatit Titans during my four-plus years in Nashville. Now I've picked back up on Jacksonville (& long since cast off Tampa), but time will tell whether or not this happens with the Vikings going forward....

*This did NOT happen in Pittsburgh...seven years of living there never made me a Steelerhead. Didn't stop me from buying a bunch of their merchandise, though. 😁

17 minutes ago, Buc said:

Ehhh...I mean, growing up a Buccaneers and, once they were born, a Jaguars fan, I guess I could say I always had two. (now if you were to ask me who I'd pull for when they played each other, well...I often never took sides.)  BUT, due to having moved around the country so much, I've tended to gravitate toward whatever team was in the town I lived in* (or closest to), which is how i ended up following the Colts for four years while living in Indy (of course by that time the Jags had become cheeks, so it wasn't that big a deal), and later the Snatit Titans during my four-plus years in Nashville. Now I've picked back up on Jacksonville (& long since cast off Tampa), but time will tell whether or not this happens with the Vikings going forward....

*This did NOT happen in Pittsburgh...seven years of living there never made me a Steelerhead. Didn't stop me from buying a bunch of their merchandise, though. 😁

Yeah, I know. Only a Sith deals in absolutes 🙂

On 3/25/2020 at 9:59 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

What if the NFL decided "Alternate Helmet Thursday" would be a possible way to raise TNF ratings?

[intro vamp from "Bitchin' Camaro" by the Dead Milkmen plays]

"Hey, you gonna watch Tennessee play Jacksonville on Thursday night for the 13th year in a row?"
"nah, I don't think so, I was just gonna eat Totino's Pizza Rolls and stare at a wall"
"Okay, well, I heard the Titans are going to wear light blue helmets instead of dark blue helmets"

"oh okay well now I will, I wanna see how this turns out"

On 3/26/2020 at 9:40 PM, pluggerplugger1 said:

That's unique - can't say I've met a Packers fan who didn't at least dislike the Vikings, or vice versa.

Yeah, my best friend is a Packer fan born and bred (lives in Eau Claire now), and I can't imagine anyone I've met up there liking both the Pack and the Vikes. 

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

[intro vamp from "Bitchin' Camaro" by the Dead Milkmen plays]

"Hey, you gonna watch Tennessee play Jacksonville on Thursday night for the 13th year in a row?"
"nah, I don't think so, I was just gonna eat Totino's Pizza Rolls and stare at a wall"
"Okay, well, I heard the Titans are going to wear light blue helmets instead of dark blue helmets"

"oh okay well now I will, I wanna see how this turns out"

I mean pizza rolls and the Titans in a Columbia blue helmet would certainly intrigue me...

(Although mostly the pizza rolls. I’d just wanna see a couple clips of the helmets in action) 

I've been a Jaguars fan my whole life. I live in Southeast PA, so the Eagles were forced upon me. I always pull Jaguars #1 but nothing wrong with cheering for a second team.

The Jaguars far and away should be a black helmet team, but i'd be mildly  intrigued by a teal or even white helmet.

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

I've been a Jaguars fan my whole life. I live in Southeast PA, so the Eagles were forced upon me. I always pull Jaguars #1 but nothing wrong with cheering for a second team.

Maybe you should have moved.

38 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

The Jaguars far and away should be a black helmet team, but i'd be mildly  intrigued by a teal or even white helmet.

I've always loved this version.

GEtmeXl.png

Since Ravens have reflective feathers, I’ve been of the opinion that the Ravens should try a purple flake helmet. 

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

I've always loved this version.

GEtmeXl.png

I prefer the gloss black to these. Maybe instead of teal flake, we could get some sublimated jaguar print? Or is it too 'Joe Exotic'? 😅

WaStDkq.png

Going foing for this effect. 

e55754cadbf236f640bae3b0cd52a50c.jpg

Say no to animal print.

1 hour ago, Chawls said:

Since Ravens have reflective feathers, I’ve been of the opinion that the Ravens should try a purple flake helmet. 

spacer.png

I think their helmet stripes are supposed to give that effect but your idea looks better. 

inlQYdZ.png

So much for Buccaneers updates...nice to see we’re back to discussing Jacksonville’s helmets though...

11 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

So much for Buccaneers updates...nice to see we’re back to discussing Jacksonville’s helmets though...

Do you has any Buccaneers updates for us to have discuss?

Thought not.