ATL Falcons Fix (Updated 6/14/2020)

rolszewski9

Hey Everyone.

Since seeing what Nike and the Atlanta Falcons released on Wednesday, I decided to fix what they screwed up. While there are some things in the design I liked, I felt they went overboard with with the emphasis on ATL. I also felt the numbers appeared wonky and just didn't fit with the overall scheme. Lastly the stripe. I really was puzzled to see how they tried to make that stripe work. It feels forced and while it works in relation to the logo, I feel they could have been more creative. Putting the stripe on the sides just seemed very lazy and outdated.

Using these as my focal points to fix I came up with this design concept. This is my first go at creating a concept and posting it on here so any suggestions or constructive criticism would be great!

I hope you guys like what you see!

spacer.png 

15 minutes ago, rolszewski9 said:

Hey Everyone.

Since seeing what Nike and the Atlanta Falcons released on Wednesday, I decided to fix what they screwed up. While there are some things in the design I liked, I felt they went overboard with with the emphasis on ATL. I also felt the numbers appeared wonky and just didn't fit with the overall scheme. Lastly the stripe. I really was puzzled to see how they tried to make that stripe work. It feels forced and while it works in relation to the logo, I feel they could have been more creative. Putting the stripe on the sides just seemed very lazy and outdated.

Using these as my focal points to fix I came up with this design concept. This is my first go at creating a concept and posting it on here so any suggestions or constructive criticism would be great!

I hope you guys like what you see!

spacer.png 

Needs gradient.  Ok, can't say that with a straight face.  This is a good look and ties into the logo

I’m not sure I’ve seen a Falcons concept quite like this, and I love it. The chest design is great - modern looking but not over the top, ties in well with the logo, and won’t look dated in a few years (or now lol). The number font is a slight improvement. The only thing I’d do is change is the silver face mask to black, since there’s no silver in the rest of the uniform. 

Much much better. Did you use a brighter shade of red, too? It seems to pop a lot better. I'm still not crazy about the red drop-shadow on the black jersey, but that just might be personal preference. Really good combination of eras here overall. 

Looks much better than what we got. I’m still not a fan of the “1” in that font style. If that could be changed to look like the “I” in RISE UP, that would be great. I’d also be curious to see how the red stripes would look with a thin, black outline on the jerseys and pants. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

If you bring up thr similar gradient uniform which Falcons brought ul recently, can you try and make the helmet red with black facemask? I'd bet that they would stand out with that

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Great job with a unique, well-designed and modern Falcons concept. Conditional on going modern instead of an older style design, this is about as good as I've seen for the Falcons. The chest design is not something I would normally favor, but it's subtle enough here to work really well. Nice job.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I want to thank you for the positive reactions made from this set. I have made updates based off the feedback I got.

I Updated the number font to match with the "Rise Up" Spikes that tail off of each letter. I also swapped the silver facemask for the original black. Lastly I Included a grey option based off their traditional gray pants worn back in the 90s.

I would also like some suggestions of other teams I should try and update.

Thanks again and enjoy!

spacer.png

• rolszewski9 changed the title to ATL Falcons Fix (Updated 6/14/2020)

I like the general style. There are a few inconsistencies that I’d clean up, though. The notch on the number font is missing from the upper corner on the eight, while the six is missing the notch on the inner portion. Also, while the gray designs are fine on their own, they aren’t really true to your inspiration of the 1990s. The gray you’re using here is very dark whereas the Falcons have only used silver or light gray. They’ve never used gray that dark before.

This is a great update to the Falcons’ recent redesign! I love the design on the chest (for what it’s worth, a similar design could work for the Cardinals incorporating the Arizona flag, as well).

The number font on the update is a definite improvement, though I would recommend adding the “notch” on the upper-left corner of the 8 as well, to make it present on every number.

I also think the dark gray set takes away from the rest of the set, as the rest of it is very cohesive and would work well with any combination, while the dark gray just stands out & doesn’t really fit in. 

This is a great concept though, and I’d really love to see what you’d do with the rest of the NFL!

Archived