The Old-Continent League of American Football project (All teams added, NOW IN BEHANCE! )

Josef_Bretones

You know what would of been perfect for the mood board here? Countess Elizabeth Bathory. She's been considered to be the female version of Dracula (even though the stories are sketchy at best)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

You know what would of been perfect for the mood board here? Countess Elizabeth Bathory. She's been considered to be the female version of Dracula (even though the stories are sketchy at best)

I don't know this information, hehe.

Today I want to introduce you to the last team in the Eastern Division and the 20th team of the league:: the Istanbul SULTANS.
A team that aims to commemorate the glory days of the Ottoman Empire from where it takes its name. The inspiration for the color scheme is obviously the Carolina Panthers (I love their colors) and the Blue Mosque in Istanbul. The logo is a stylization of the Muslim moon and star that appear on the Turkish flag. The Sultans play in the Blue Palace.

Mood board:

Sultans-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logo, wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Sultans-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Sultans-CCSLC-3.jpg

Alternate uniform:

Sultans-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

ALL-MEDALS-LOGOLYMPIAD-X.png

5 hours ago, Josef_Bretones said:

I don't know this information, hehe.

Today I want to introduce you to the last team in the Eastern Division and the 20th team of the league:: the Istanbul SULTANS.
A team that aims to commemorate the glory days of the Ottoman Empire from where it takes its name. The inspiration for the color scheme is obviously the Carolina Panthers (I love their colors) and the Blue Mosque in Istanbul. The logo is a stylization of the Muslim moon and star that appear on the Turkish flag. The Sultans play in the Blue Palace.

Mood board:

Sultans-CCSLC-1.jpg

Sultans-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Sultans-CCSLC-3.jpg

Alternate uniform:

Sultans-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

Where have I seen this logo before.....? 

6 minutes ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Where have I seen this logo before.....? 

It is a universal symbol having to do with the Third Crusade, the Emperor of Cyprus and Constantinople as Istanbul was previously known. It is used in heraldry such as Fleur de Lys or roses.

2 hours ago, Josef_Bretones said:

It is a universal symbol having to do with the Third Crusade, the Emperor of Cyprus and Constantinople as Istanbul was previously known. It is used in heraldry such as Fleur de Lys or roses.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. 

Vampiri:

• I like the white helmet for this set. I think the colors balance out best when you either let the pink or the purple shine, and use the other as secondary, rather than feature them both. So I think the white/pink/white set looks great.

Sultans:

• The logo works really well on the helmet and I think the font is perfect.
  • I think the striping is too inconsistent. The helmet stripes don't match the shoulder stripes don't match the pants stripe. Personally, I'd like to see you implement some kind of unique stripe similar to the pants stripe in all three locations. The curved changing of colors matches the curves in the font and logo.

I love this series. So many unique concepts.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye15 said:

Vampiri:

• I like the white helmet for this set. I think the colors balance out best when you either let the pink or the purple shine, and use the other as secondary, rather than feature them both. So I think the white/pink/white set looks great.

Sultans:

• The logo works really well on the helmet and I think the font is perfect.
  • I think the striping is too inconsistent. The helmet stripes don't match the shoulder stripes don't match the pants stripe. Personally, I'd like to see you implement some kind of unique stripe similar to the pants stripe in all three locations. The curved changing of colors matches the curves in the font and logo.

I love this series. So many unique concepts.

I was performing the next core division team (Wien Devils) but I think I'm going to check out the sultans first. I find the suggestions you have made very interesting.

Thank you for your comments. 

Today we start with the first team in the Central Division: the Wien DEVILS.

The first name I thought for the team in this city was 'Genius' due to the large number of musical composers who were born or lived in Vienna (Strauss, Schubert, Haydn, ...) but it seemed to me that it could turn it around to that irreproachable image of Vienna and put a name that would break with what would be habitual: Devils.
The color scheme was somewhat logical (red and black) and I added touches of gray to make it finally explode. 

The helmet is a tribute to the magnificent Minnesota Vikings helmet. He couldn't pass up the opportunity when it came to the Devils. The Vienna team plays in the Inferno Arena.

Mood board:

spacer.png

Devils-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Devils-CCSLC-3.jpg

Alternate uniform and helmet:

Devils-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

Hi guys.
Today I want to show you the team of the Budapest IMPERIALS.
Historically, Hungary has always been a nation with strong patriotic sentiment. At the time of the Austro-Hungarian empire (ended in 1918 with the end of the WWI) it continuously rose up against Austria to claim its independence until it achieved the same status: it was renamed the Austro-Hungarian empire and not the Austrian Empire. I imagined that continuing with that strong Hungarian patriotism, it would turn around and harbor imperialist feelings with the nations adjacent to Hungary. Hence its name: Imperials. I wanted the color scheme to resemble the colors of a 19th century military uniform. With the yellow bands as chevrons.
Third team that alludes to the aristocracy throughout the league (after Princes and Royals) and that is that Europe is full of kings and nobles. Although curiously Hungary is a parliamentary republic. The Imperials play in the Great Nation Arena.

Mood board:

Imperials-CCSLC-1.jpg

Imperials-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Imperials-CCSLC-3.jpg

Imperials-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

All of the logos in this series have been top-notch, but I feel like some of the uniforms fall a bit flat. Budapest for example doesn't do a great job of distributing the colors. The more simple uniforms seem a bit strange compared to the complexity of the logos. Don't get me wrong, I love this series so far, but I feel that some uniforms could be a bit more extravagant, especially for teams with vibrant colors or rich historical background. Regardless, this series has been a great one so far, and has been fun to pay attention to. Looking forward to the rest of the league. 

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

5 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

All of the logos in this series have been top-notch, but I feel like some of the uniforms fall a bit flat. Budapest for example doesn't do a great job of distributing the colors. The more simple uniforms seem a bit strange compared to the complexity of the logos. Don't get me wrong, I love this series so far, but I feel that some uniforms could be a bit more extravagant, especially for teams with vibrant colors or rich historical background. Regardless, this series has been a great one so far, and has been fun to pay attention to. Looking forward to the rest of the league. 

Thank you for your comment

I realize that maybe there is a level jump between uniforms and logos and I think this happens because my specialty is logos. Also, I like uniforms that are not very extravagant except on rare occasions (Golems for example) and that follow a basic line. I understand that the Budapest uniform may not be understood but it does make some sense to me and I am generally satisfied with it. Of course I am open to make concrete changes that can improve them because that is the reason for showing them here.

On 5/10/2020 at 11:50 PM, Josef_Bretones said:

Today we start with the first team in the Central Division: the Wien DEVILS.

The first name I thought for the team in this city was 'Genius' due to the large number of musical composers who were born or lived in Vienna (Strauss, Schubert, Haydn, ...) but it seemed to me that it could turn it around to that irreproachable image of Vienna and put a name that would break with what would be habitual: Devils.
The color scheme was somewhat logical (red and black) and I added touches of gray to make it finally explode. 

The helmet is a tribute to the magnificent Minnesota Vikings helmet. He couldn't pass up the opportunity when it came to the Devils. The Vienna team plays in the Inferno Arena.

Mood board:

spacer.png

Devils-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Devils-CCSLC-3.jpg

Devils-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

Funny, there is real team Vienna Vikings. And their fight song is "Hölle". I really enjoy your work.

Hello again everyone.
Yesterday was my birthday and that's why I didn't post any new equipment. Today we are going with the Zagreb REBELS.

The name of this team was almost immediate. It occurred to me to reflect the insurgent and patriotic character of the Croats against the extinct Yugolasvia. I also wanted to make a version of the Buccaneers logo and I think this concept gave me that opportunity.
My first idea was to form the 'R' with the flagpole. It was not clear to me that it looked good but the truth is that seeing that the word Rebels in Croatian is Pobunjenici I liked the fact that it is halfway between a 'P' and an 'R' which is valid for both languages.
The colors are those of Croatia, reflecting the patriotism of the team (such as Dinamo Zagreb).

The Rebels play at the stadium called: The Lair

Mood board:

Rebels-CCSLC-1.jpg

Rebels-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Rebels-CCSLC-3.jpg

Rebels-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

You uploaded the logo slick twice instead of the home and away uniforms.  Also, if you're going for a patriotic theme, I think it's a mistake to not use the checkered pattern everyone associates with Croatia, even if it's just on the alternate (although I can't really tell what your home and away uniforms look like yet)

6 minutes ago, scottyeagle said:

You uploaded the logo slick twice instead of the home and away uniforms.  Also, if you're going for a patriotic theme, I think it's a mistake to not use the checkered pattern everyone associates with Croatia, even if it's just on the alternate (although I can't really tell what your home and away uniforms look like yet)

Thanks for your notice. It is already corrected.
As for using the typical Croatian chess scheme. The truth is that I just want it to remember the national colors. I don't want to use checkers because that identifies with the national team and this is not the national team.

Archived