The Old-Continent League of American Football project (All teams added, NOW IN BEHANCE! )

Josef_Bretones

Happy birthday and great job on the series, it's been a pleasure to follow along.😀

Since I'm from Croatia, Zagreb was my most anticipated team and I like the concept but I do have some minor issues.

I love the concept of the team and the logo (by the way great job on the "R" and "P", it worked out nicely).

I'm also kinda tired of the checkerboard design but I do feel that given the context it would fit better on the flag.

And I have to fix a grammar mistake, it should be: CENTIMETAR PO CENTIMETAR although I don't think I ever actually heard anyone say that phrase ever.😄 We would say MIC PO MIC which means something like "slow and steady" or "baby steps".

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

For one, happy belated birthday.

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, dado said:

Happy birthday and great job on the series, it's been a pleasure to follow along.😀

Since I'm from Croatia, Zagreb was my most anticipated team and I like the concept but I do have some minor issues.

I love the concept of the team and the logo (by the way great job on the "R" and "P", it worked out nicely).

I'm also kinda tired of the checkerboard design but I do feel that given the context it would fit better on the flag.

And I have to fix a grammar mistake, it should be: CENTIMETAR PO CENTIMETAR although I don't think I ever actually heard anyone say that phrase ever.😄 We would say MIC PO MIC which means something like "slow and steady" or "baby steps".

Thank you for your congratulations and four your comment!
Good that you are from Croatia and can help me!
I'm going to correct the slogan and use the one you suggest :). I will try to add a checker pattern to the flag (I will not limit myself to copying the flag of Croatia) to see how it would look. If only to make the equipment recognizable at a glance. But I do not rule out keeping the original design that I proposed.

ALL-MEDALS-LOGOLYMPIAD-X.png

Great job on Zagreb. Really love the use of the sharp point on the flag pole for striping. As for adding the checker pattern, a nice, subtle way the Tennessee Volunteers did it for a brief time was by just doing the checkers a the back end of the helmet stripe. This idea would probably work well without overdoing the checkers. 

TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS ALTERNATE CHECKER SCHUTT AUTHENTIC MINI ...

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

For one, happy belated birthday.

Two, I like what you did for Zagreb. It's nice to see a Croatian team that doesn't use the checker pattern.

...until they start using that pattern as one-offs, that is.

Hello everyone.
Today I present to you the last team from the Eastern Conference: the Warsaw LANCERS.
At first I thought of calling them The Warsaw Mermaids because the Warsaw coat of arms is a mermaid armed with a sword and shield. However, I preferred to use a name that referred to its most famous military unit: the lancers. A light cavalry unit famous in Napoleonic battles. The colors are those of Aston Villa (also West Ham and Burnley) that gave me the possibility to make a variation of the colors of Poland without copying them directly.
The Lancers' home is called Headquarter Stadium.

Mood board:

Lancers-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logos, wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Lancers-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Lancers-CCSLC-3.jpg

Alternate uniform and helmet:

Lancers-CCSLC-4.jpg

There is only the Western Conference left to finish presenting all the teams. But I hope to be able to present more of OCLAF. There is a lot of context to do.

This is the current status of the league:

003-CONFERENCE-STATUS-CCSLC.png

C&c welcome!

1 hour ago, scottyeagle said:

Looks great!  My only suggestion would be to flip the logo on the helmet so the lance is facing forward 

Was about to suggest the same thing, but then it could resemble the Rebels way too much, it already does to some extent as is. Perhaps a knight's helmet or a shield with a lance instead of a pennant/flag could give it a different look.

I really like the colors though.

5 hours ago, scottyeagle said:

Looks great!  My only suggestion would be to flip the logo on the helmet so the lance is facing forward 

Much better like this.

3 hours ago, Skycast said:

Was about to suggest the same thing, but then it could resemble the Rebels way too much, it already does to some extent as is. Perhaps a knight's helmet or a shield with a lance instead of a pennant/flag could give it a different look.

I really like the colors though.

It is true that the concept is very similar but I have no intention of modifying the logos beyond some color or placement touch-up. That is a very long process that I have already gone through. Hehe.

I like that they are two similar concepts: flags. But treated differently. Maybe if they weren't two teams playing in the same division, this detail would go unnoticed.

Thank you guys for the comments.

And now here are the updates. I've flipped the helmet logo over:

Lancers-CCSLC-3-2.jpg

Lancers-CCSLC-4-2.jpg

Warsaw: color scheme is great... logo is unique... the banner as a helmet stripe and a pants stripe is tremendous ... perhaps the thin italicized numbers aren't working as well though I understand the italicized numbers are in reference to the diagonal lance in the logo

Zagreb: those pant stripes and shoulder stripes design is really nice and I like the incorporation of the checkers into the helmet stripe, but is the helmet stripe too thick? It doesn't seem to jive with other elements of the uniform which are quite thin

6 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

perhaps the thin italicized numbers aren't working as well though I understand the italicized numbers are in reference to the diagonal lance in the logo

I have thickened the numbers of the sky blue jersey which is where the numbers seemed narrower but I like how they stay because they give coherence to the whole set.

Lancers-CCSLC-2-2.jpg

Lancers-CCSLC-3-3.jpg

6 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

but is the helmet stripe too thick?

I think you are right. So I have narrowed the lines of the Rebels' helmets.

Rebels-CCSLC-3-3.jpg

Rebels-CCSLC-4-3.jpg

And we start with the last conference: the West conference and the British Division. First team for the countdown: the Cardiff DRAGONS.

This team was originally going to be a team for London. My first idea was two teams in London because it is the largest city in Europe. Finally ruled out because for once Wales deserved to have a presence on the continent. Of course the team name is inspired by the Welsh flag. It could not be otherwise. The Dragons play in the Dungeon Arena.

Mood board:

Dragons-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logos, Wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Dragons-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Dragons-CCSLC-3.jpg

Dragons-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

10 minutes ago, Josef_Bretones said:

What ears? XD. 

The Welsh flag dragon is just an inspiration. I have not put ears on the team dragon :)

Then I don't know what the heck I'm looking at! 

Maybe add a texture to indicate horns?? 

I love your stuff, I don't want you to think I'm a wise guy or something!

16 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

Then I don't know what the heck I'm looking at! 

Maybe add a texture to indicate horns?? 

I love your stuff, I don't want you to think I'm a wise guy or something!

Don't worry! 

I like to hear new opinions about my designs. It's just like 3 years ago that I finished that design. I have been seeing it many times throughout these 3 years and I am satisfied with it. I wanted to make it look like big bumps on the back of the head.
I don't know if I explain. But they are not horns or ears. Hehe

A new team for the British Division: the London CORSAIRS.
This was not the first name I thought of for the London team. Lions, Knights were candidate names. They seemed to me little original and they did not convince me. A friend suggested: London Towers. And from this I got to make logo and wordmark but I was not convinced by the result. So I did an exercise I had already done with other teams: a bastard team of two NFL teams. In this case Buccaneers and Saints. A team of pirates who wear black death and golden treasure. For the logo I have avoided putting patches, crossed bones or sabers. I wanted something more subtle. With a simple gold tooth and the name we can already imagine everything else.
Corsairs play on The Island.

Mood board:

Corsairs-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logo, wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Corsairs-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Corsairs-CCSLC-3.jpg

Corsairs-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

On 5/15/2020 at 7:59 PM, Josef_Bretones said:

And we start with the last conference: the West conference and the British Division. First team for the countdown: the Cardiff DRAGONS.

This team was originally going to be a team for London. My first idea was two teams in London because it is the largest city in Europe. Finally ruled out because for once Wales deserved to have a presence on the continent. Of course the team name is inspired by the Welsh flag. It could not be otherwise. The Dragons play in the Dungeon Arena.

Mood board:

Dragons-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logos, Wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Dragons-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Dragons-CCSLC-3.jpg

Dragons-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

NOW this is a Dragon! Unlike that other thread

Archived