The Old-Continent League of American Football project (All teams added, NOW IN BEHANCE! )

Josef_Bretones

6 hours ago, Philsphan said:

Love the upper chest stripes on the Breakers and the decision to stay away from a military-themed name. Also love the Hamburg double green helmet stripe.

Munich was probably my favorite logo from the beginning and I like the striping pattern on the jerseys, but I wonder how the helmet would look with yellow instead of white. I think the white works really well with the road uniforms, but I am not sure about the home set. It is a shame that the OCLAF, like the NFL, is a one helmet league. I also wonder about the font. I love the beveled numerals, but they seem too cartoon-ish or maybe just too large?

Thank you for your comment!

Well, it is true that I am not very in favor of making the numbers too cartoon but I think that in this case it gives the necessary appearance for the concept. I like the blank pattern on the helmet because that makes it discard. in principle I will leave it like that. Attention to the next team.,

ALL-MEDALS-LOGOLYMPIAD-X.png

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last team of the North-Central Division and the North Conference: Prague GOLEMS.

The reason for the team's name is simple: the legend of the Prague golem. It is a famous legend of which there is a movie that was parodied in a chapter of the Simpsons (although my representation does not resemble that version). It seemed to me a different and powerful name. I chose these striking colors because I wanted to get out of the conventional and show the mysticism of the concept (a central European Jewish legend). I have tried to make sure that the uniform is not too common. The Prague Golems play in a stadium called: The Temple.

Mood board:

Golems-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logos, wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Golems-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Golems-CCSLC-3.jpg

C&C welcome!

2 hours ago, Josef_Bretones said:

The last team of the North-Central Division and the North Conference: Prague GOLEMS.

The reason for the team's name is simple: the legend of the Prague golem. It is a famous legend of which there is a movie that was parodied in a chapter of the Simpsons (although my representation does not resemble that version). It seemed to me a different and powerful name. I chose these striking colors because I wanted to get out of the conventional and show the mysticism of the concept (a central European Jewish legend). I have tried to make sure that the uniform is not too common. The Prague Golems play in a stadium called: The Temple.

Mood board:

Golems-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logos, wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Golems-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Golems-CCSLC-3.jpg

C&C welcome!

Love the striping.  I think it works particularly well on the helmet.  The color combo is wild too. Did something specific inspire that, because the name Golems would not make me think of such a bright combo. 

5 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Prague looks amazing. Although i'd make the striping pattern on the purple pants teal. Amazing thread so far.

Thank you! I have fix it.

Thank you all for your comments. To start the next conference I will take a day off. As a Spanish, the South conference is the one I have designed with the most love and I want to do it well.

Hi everyone again.

Here we go with the South Conference and the Iberian Division. First team (9th of the league): Porto EXPLORERS.

Portugal has always been a country of discoverers and explorers, so it seemed to me that this name was very appropriate for a team from this country. Porto is a beautiful city. The colors obviously recall the flag of Portugal. It occurred to me that representing a compass reminiscent of a compass rose pointing at America was very symbolic.
There is not much more explanation. This was one of the first computers that popped into my mind. The name of the stadium in which the Explorers play cannot be other than: O Galeão (The Galleon).

Mood board:

Explorers-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logos, wormarks, numbers and slogan:

Explorers-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmets:

Explorers-CCSLC-3.jpg

Thank you. C&C welcome!

2 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I'd make the helmet stripe just 2 lines like the rest of the stripes. Otherwise I have no complaints, the colors work really good together! 

Here is the update according to your suggestion. I think you're right and two lines are better than three

Explorers-CCSLC-3-2.jpg

I am loving this concept thread.  One thought on Porto, I am wondering if darkening the green just a bit more might improve it.  The green on the Portuguese flag seems slightly darker.

And, I have to say, I think it showed great restraint on your part to name the Barcelona team the Segadors, and not the Caganers.  That is a part of Catalan culture which takes way too much explaining for folks who are not familiar with it (I always have one out at Christmas and let's just say my in-laws still don't quite understand how it is not offensive.)  And I get why you went with Madrid Royals, but I would have loved to see the Osos or Gatos as an option.  

20 minutes ago, WideRight said:

I am loving this concept thread.  One thought on Porto, I am wondering if darkening the green just a bit more might improve it.  The green on the Portuguese flag seems slightly darker.

And, I have to say, I think it showed great restraint on your part to name the Barcelona team the Segadors, and not the Caganers.  That is a part of Catalan culture which takes way too much explaining for folks who are not familiar with it (I always have one out at Christmas and let's just say my in-laws still don't quite understand how it is not offensive.)  And I get why you went with Madrid Royals, but I would have loved to see the Osos or Gatos as an option.  

Indeed, I am too fan of Real Madrid to let the name of Madrid Royals escape. Hahaha. I find it funny that you know the history of the caganers. The truth is that outside of Spain I did not know anyone who knew about it. I'll try to darken the green of the Explorers a bit before posting the next team.

Prague is beautiful. The font and the primary mark are so cool. The number font and striping pattern are also perfect. 

I actually liked the three stripes on the helmet for Porto and the lighter shade of green. The white helmet really popped. I would say to make the stripes on the shoulder and pants more narrow and add a third stripe for consistency, maybe. But you should ultimately do what you like. It's your project. I am just suggesting an idea. If anything, the number font seems a little boring, especially compared to the word font. Could you make the number font look more like the word font? As always, no pressure.

31 minutes ago, Philsphan said:

I actually liked the three stripes on the helmet for Porto and the lighter shade of green. The white helmet really popped. I would say to make the stripes on the shoulder and pants more narrow and add a third stripe for consistency, maybe. But you should ultimately do what you like. It's your project. I am just suggesting an idea. If anything, the number font seems a little boring, especially compared to the word font. Could you make the number font look more like the word font? As always, no pressure.

I am very grateful because all the comments make this project grow. It is wonderful to have constructive criticism that gives different views. I am very clear that I want to achieve but I am not stupid enough to reject good advice. Hehehe.
I like that they are two bands but I liked the suggestion of bringing the colors closer to the flag of Portugal. I'll leave the numbers like this. I know they are more serious but I really like them. Here's what the Explorers update looks like:

Explorers-CCSLC-2-2.jpg

Explorers-CCSLC-3-4.jpg

Thank you everybody!

Porto and Prague are probably the two best looks so far. I actually like the lighter green better for Porto. Good job on changing the helmet striping though. 

And man, I just noticed that Dublin doesn't have a team. Now I'm sad hahaha.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

Is it my eyes, or did you change the red to more of an orange?  It's looking a lot more like the Miami Hurricanes now (which is not a bad thing).  But I liked the green and red a little better.  Only other thing I'd suggest is varying the lengths on the points of the star to suggest a compass on a map.  Right now it just feels like a generic six-pointed star.  But overall, I love the whole identity.   

7 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

Is it my eyes, or did you change the red to more of an orange?  It's looking a lot more like the Miami Hurricanes now (which is not a bad thing).  But I liked the green and red a little better. 

It is just the intensity of the image. I will recalibrate it again. Hehe

Today is the turn of the Lisbon ATLANTICS:

The name of this team is due to the fact that Lisbon is a city on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. As you can see, Aquaman has served as inspiration for both the logo and the colors. I have decided to make the helmet simpler by not stripping it.
The Atlantics, great rivals of the Explorers, play in the Aquarium Arena.

Mood board:

Atlantics-CCSLSC-1.jpg

Logo, wordmark, numbers, and slogan:

Atlantics-CCSLSC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Atlantics-CCSLSC-3.jpg

C&C welcome!

Archived