The Old-Continent League of American Football project (All teams added, NOW IN BEHANCE! )

Josef_Bretones

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, heavybass said:

"thinks" I think the helmet and the facemask's colours need to be swapped... might be me though.

Maybe change the color of the facemask but the helmet has me quite satisfied since it is what I had in mind.

ALL-MEDALS-LOGOLYMPIAD-X.png

Anytime I learn something in another language is always a bonus in my book, so you get props for that.

Secondly, I like the look. It's clean and simple.. I would like to see a gold alternate jersey myself, but I recognize that it's your project and you make the calls on that.

16 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Anytime I learn something in another language is always a bonus in my book, so you get props for that.

Secondly, I like the look. It's clean and simple.. I would like to see a gold alternate jersey myself, but I recognize that it's your project and you make the calls on that.

I'm working on the idea of an alternate uniform for each team (including helmet) but it will be something that shows at the end of the whole. As a kind of Bonus Track. There are series for a while.

Hi guys. Today we start with de Mediterranean Division. Please, join me on this journey through Rome, Naples, Marseille and Athens. The first team: Roma WOLVES.

the reason for this name is simple: the Luperca wolf. In Roman mythology it is said that Rome was founded by the brothers Romulo and Remo who were raised by a she-wolf named Luperca. So Wolves seemed like a good name to his football team. The team's colors are gray in different shades, symbolizing the fur of the wolves and the color of the old stone from the Roman ruins. I wanted to break a little that composition of gray with the azure blue of the wolf's eyes which I think brings a good note of color. And it reflects the coldness and relentlessness of the team's values. His slogan may sound familiar to you, as that is what Maximo shouts at the end of the first 'Gladiator' (Ridley Scott, 2000) battle. In Latin it means: Rome Winner!

Of course the Wolves stadium is called: the Coloseum. I hope you like it.

Mood board:

Wolves-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logo, wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Wolves-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Wolves-CCSLC-3.jpg

C&C welcome!

Been following this one from the beginning and love the takes on the locations and their mascots. However one theme I've detected is the logo on the helmet both being in similar (or the same) color too often. These tend to make the logo disappear somewhat to my eye and I think it'd be better served with some color differentiation or at least an outline of some type in a different color to help it stand out more.

3 hours ago, Skycast said:

Been following this one from the beginning and love the takes on the locations and their mascots. However one theme I've detected is the logo on the helmet both being in similar (or the same) color too often. These tend to make the logo disappear somewhat to my eye and I think it'd be better served with some color differentiation or at least an outline of some type in a different color to help it stand out more.

Of course the issue of uniforms is my weakest point. I know I am a good logo designer (Especially when I finished designing all the ones in the league. Someday I will show the first logos so you can see the evolution of my designs) but not so much of concepts and uniforms. I've tried to strike a balance between making the logo look good on the helmet and being satisfied with the color scheme on the uniform but creating is making decisions and since this is football fantasy it's not something that worries me too much. However, I take your note into account and I thank you for it because it can certainly serve me in the following teams.
Thank you!

I will add that I really dig your color schemes, especially the fact that you are using some rarely or never used schemes...and of course just my two cents as I'm sure there are others that like the similar coloring between the logo and helmet.

Anyway, I'm quite enjoying the series.

5 minutes ago, Skycast said:

Anyway, I'm quite enjoying the series.

You don't know how happy I am. I have said it several times but I repeat it again. It's amazing how putting my work in public has made the possibilities grow in my head. Of course it is satisfying to be recognized for a job well done if people also provide suggestions to enrich it and make it bigger, that's great.

I am loving all the conepts, the Wolves one in particular

5 hours ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Wow that's awesome. I'm a sucker for that color scheme. The eyes on the shoulders are a nice touch

Also

I love learning what other languages call old latin names. It's so cool to me how stuff like that evolves. 

And the fact that Latin gets its name because Rome is in Latium (Lazio in Italian) and the Latin tribe originally settled the area.

I assume he did not use the red and yellow colors of ancient Rome because it is AS Roma colors and it would scare hated SS Lazio fans from rooting for them

1 minute ago, TrueYankee26 said:

And the fact that Latin gets its name because Rome is in Latium (Lazio in Italian) and the Latin tribe originally settled the area.

I assume he did not use the red and yellow colors of ancient Rome because it is AS Roma colors and it would scare hated SS Lazio fans from rooting for them

In general I have tried to separate myself from the colors of the great European soccer teams to give football teams their own personality. How you say wearing AS Roma colors would not push SS Lazio fans to cheer on the Wolves.

1 hour ago, Josef_Bretones said:
1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

In general I have tried to separate myself from the colors of the great European soccer teams to give football teams their own personality. How you say wearing AS Roma colors would not push SS Lazio fans to cheer on the Wolves.

I think he means that since Lazio and Roma are such great rivals, if you were to have the Wolves share colors with Roma then Lazio fans wouldn't root for Wolves because they dislike AS Roma and they would look similar. I thought of the same thing for Madrid. By naming them the Royals, you are associating them with Real, which might turn off Atletico fans

24 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

I thought of the same thing for Madrid. By naming them the Royals, you are associating them with Real, which might turn off Atletico fans

But in this case, being a fan of Real Madrid, I don't care about turning off the Atleti fans. For the Royals, only Real Madrid fans are enough. Hahaha.

Today is the turn of one of the teams that have one of the logos that I like the most: the Napoli VOLCANOES.

The name of the Italian second team was easy enough to choose. Near Naples is the Vesuvius volcano (causing the tragedy of Pompeii in 79 AD). At first I thought of representing the volcano playing with the V but I was not convinced by the result so I opted for this solution: combine the N and the V and do something in the style of American typographic sports logos. I love the result and the color combination that mixes the volcanic stone, the lava and the Mediterranean Sea. In the main jersey I have used a gradient that shows how the stone ends up turning into lava. Of course, the Volcanoes play in their stadium called: Ardente Stadium.

Mood board:

Volcanoes-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logo, wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Volcanoes-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Volcanoes-CCSLC-3.jpg

C&C welcome!

That logo is phenomenal! One nitpick is that the gradient on the home jersey might look a little weird if it isn't continued onto the home pants like how the Atlanta Falcons just did with their newest alternate uniform. Other than that the color scheme is *chef kiss* and the font is something the Dolphins could use. Simply amazing

20 hours ago, Josef_Bretones said:

Good point. Here is the update:

Wolves-CCSLC-3-2.jpg

Love the color scheme and the use of the wolf eyes on the sleeves.  Something about the wolf's snout/nose bothers me, but other than that I love this design. 

Archived