The Old-Continent League of American Football project (All teams added, NOW IN BEHANCE! )

Josef_Bretones

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

really enjoying your work so far. However, you might want to correct some tiny language errors, if you want it to be flawless from that point of view, too. 

I hope you don't mind my corrections.

München Mönchen should be München Mönche. Also, is their slogan meant to be "God beats you"? 

Hamburg Protektoren wouldn't  really be an appropriate translation for Protectors in German, I could help you to find a more suitable name with the same meaning, if you're interested. 

Moscow Red Stars would be Москва Красные Звёзды in Russian, what you have now is Red Star.

Еще lacks two points above the second e(Ещё).

On a more subjective note, Fatherland may be not the right name for the stadium. If you're trying to alude to the communist past, motherland might be a better choice. There is that famous poster of Mother Russia calling the People to war from WW2. spacer.png Fatherland on the other hand is a more aged designation for the home country.

2 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

I'd love more actual red in the dark jersey. Maybe red numbers??

The truth is that I have tried to add more red on the home uniform and it does not convince me because the red numbers do not contrast well on the dark red. However it seems to me that if they improve the alternative uniform because they make it more visible.

Redstars-CCSLC-4-2.jpg

1 hour ago, Skycast said:

Would love to see some gold or a vibrant yellow accent color for Moscow...doesn't have to be prominent but I think it'd make it pop.

Of course in any Russian color scheme mixing red and gold is a win-win but my intention was not to let myself go that way. He wanted something more industrial: red and steel. Redstars players are heroes of the working class.

Thank you guys for the comments. You got me to take a hard look in my head at what path the Redstars continued.

ALL-MEDALS-LOGOLYMPIAD-X.png

Nice design. I really like palette.
But you have some problems with russian language ))
Name in English is in plural. In russian in singular. To be honest, it fits nice, because traditionally sports names in Russia are in singular.
But slogan should be "Еще один тачдаун". In russian word "touchdown"  isn't translated. It is "touchdown", but using cyrillic

17 minutes ago, Pava said:

Nice design. I really like palette.
But you have some problems with russian language ))
Name in English is in plural. In russian in singular. To be honest, it fits nice, because traditionally sports names in Russia are in singular.
But slogan should be "Еще один тачдаун". In russian word "touchdown"  isn't translated. It is "touchdown", but using cyrillic

Thank you! 

I will change it. 

Today we continue entering the Eastern Division with the team of the Kiev COSSACKS.

First of all I want to thank @Pava for his help in translating the name and the slogan into Ukrainian. The Cossacks moved through the steppe of Eastern Europe, the current Ukraine being a habitual territory for them. I have tried to identify the colors of the team with those of Ukraine. It is the second logo that I make crossing two elements. In this case, two Cossack sabers, because it seemed to give him great strength. The Cossacks play in the stadium called the Steppe.

Mood board:

Cossacks-CCSLC-1.jpg

Logo, wordmarks, numbers and slogan:

Cossacks-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Cossacks-CCSLC-3.jpg

Alternate uniform and logo and slogan in Ukrainian language:

Cossacks-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

59 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

Aren't those numbers going to be too wide when you have anything above 19?

I'd be lying if I told you that it's something I haven't thought about. But I wasn't sure, so I decided to see how it looked to the community. I think I will look for a new font. 

Guest darkpiranha
1 hour ago, Josef_Bretones said:

Today we continue entering the Eastern Division with the team of the Kiev COSSACKS.

First of all I want to thank @Pava for his help in translating the name and the slogan into Ukrainian. The Cossacks moved through the steppe of Eastern Europe, the current Ukraine being a habitual territory for them. I have tried to identify the colors of the team with those of Ukraine. It is the second logo that I make crossing two elements. In this case, two Cossack sabers, because it seemed to give him great strength. The Cossacks play in the stadium called the Steppe.

Mood board:

Cossacks-CCSLC-1.jpg

Cossacks-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Cossacks-CCSLC-3.jpg

Alternate uniform and logo and slogan in Ukrainian language:

Cossacks-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

These look great.  Agreed about the wide numbers.  While the helmet is okay, it's just the logo on the side, when I think you might have an interesting opportunity to try something different.  What does it look like if logo is on the front of the helmet?  Meaning that the crossing point of the swords occurs above the facemask on the forehead, with the swords both sweeping around on the sides like wings?  Might be weird, but might look cool and distinctive.

Loving a lot of the alternate uniforms, but there's a glaring issue with a few of them. For Moscow, Berlin, Hamburg, and Rome they go from the lightest shade in the color scheme on the helmets, to the middle shade on the jerseys, and then the darkest shade of the pants. This creates an incredibly bottom-heavy look because legs are the longest part of the body. Typically you want to keep American football uniforms in any of these patterns:

Dark-Dark-Dark or Medium or Light

Dark-Medium-Dark or Medium or Light

Dark-Light-Dark or Medium or Light.

Medium-Dark-Dark or Medium or Light

Medium-Medium-Dark or Medium or Light

Medium-Light-Dark or Medium or Light

Light-Dark-Dark or Light

Light-Medium-Medium or Light

Light-Light-Dark or Medium or Light

Kiev's alternate looks great because you followed the Dark-Medium-Light pattern perfectly. Keep up the great work Josef!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

4 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Loving a lot of the alternate uniforms, but there's a glaring issue with a few of them. For Moscow, Berlin, Hamburg, and Rome they go from the lightest shade in the color scheme on the helmets, to the middle shade on the jerseys, and then the darkest shade of the pants. This creates an incredibly bottom-heavy look because legs are the longest part of the body. Typically you want to keep American football uniforms in any of these patterns:

Dark-Dark-Dark or Medium or Light

Dark-Medium-Dark or Medium or Light

Dark-Light-Dark or Medium or Light.

Medium-Dark-Dark or Medium or Light

Medium-Medium-Dark or Medium or Light

Medium-Light-Dark or Medium or Light

Light-Dark-Dark or Light

Light-Medium-Medium or Light

Light-Light-Dark or Medium or Light

Kiev's alternate looks great because you followed the Dark-Medium-Light pattern perfectly. Keep up the great work Josef!

Thank you for the suggestions. I will consider them from now on.
Here are the updates about the numbers and the alternate helmet:

Cossacks-CCSLC-2-2.jpg

Cossacks-CCSLC-3-2.jpg

Cossacks-CCSLC-4-2.jpg

C&c welcome!

Guest darkpiranha
3 hours ago, Josef_Bretones said:

Thank you for the suggestions. I will consider them from now on.
Here are the updates about the numbers and the alternate helmet:

Cossacks-CCSLC-2-2.jpg

Cossacks-CCSLC-3-2.jpg

Cossacks-CCSLC-4-2.jpg

C&c welcome!

Seeing it in reality, the swords on the front of the helmet didn't spatially play out like I saw it in my head.  I saw the blades being more visible on the sides of the helmets, sweeping across like wings. I think to make it work you'd have to separate the swords and re-angle and position them to where they still criss-cross, but each fit the side of the helmet a little better.   

6 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Seeing it in reality, the swords on the front of the helmet didn't spatially play out like I saw it in my head.  I saw the blades being more visible on the sides of the helmets, sweeping across like wings. I think to make it work you'd have to separate the swords and re-angle and position them to where they still criss-cross, but each fit the side of the helmet a little better.   

Maybe something like this. The truth is that this option seems wonderful to me for an alternative helmet.

Cossacks-CCSLC-4-3.jpg

In a few hours we are going with one of my favorites: the Vampires of Bucharest. See you later!

Today I want to show you a team that breaks the habit patterns of American football: the Bucharest VAMPIRES.
It does this for two reasons: its color scheme and its logo. It is true that I could have chosen the usual image of an Earl Dracula, but I liked the idea of putting a female vampire as if she were some kind of goddess whom they venerate. The colors are inspired by those very brightly colored 1960s and 1970s posters. Also I always remember the Paris Rugby team when they tell me that pink is not for men. The Vampires play in the stadium called Kingdom of the Night.

Mood Board:

Vampires-CCSLC-1.jpg

Vampires-CCSLC-2.jpg

Uniforms and helmet:

Vampires-CCSLC-3.jpg

Alternate uniform and logo&slogan in original language:

Vampires-CCSLC-4.jpg

C&c welcome!

15 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The logo is positioned a little to far to the left and a little too high, otherwise I like it, maybe put an alternate logo or the primary logo on the sleeves because they look a little empty now. 

15 hours ago, scottyeagle said:

Bucharest ought to have more angular numbers to match the script.  I too agree the jerseys are a little bit plain, but that might be okay because the color scheme is bold enough to stand on its own.  

Ok, I have followed the suggestion of the numbers and I have put the font that I had as a second option that is more neo-Gothic. I have also relocated the logo of the helmets. As for adding more elements to the uniform, I agree that the colors make it charismatic enough to add no decoration.

Vampires-CCSLC-2-2.jpg

Vampires-CCSLC-3-2.jpg

Vampires-CCSLC-4-2.jpg

Thank you for your comments.

Archived