WNBA's New York Liberty unveils new logo, colors

LAWeaver

6 hours ago, Waffles said:

The black Sabrina Ionescu jersey for sale on the Nets' website shows a mockup with the NEW YORK wordmark instead of the Fanduel logo:

SIjersey_1_1024x1024.png?v=1587063923

Obviously it looks so much better, but I wonder if this is how the fan replicas will be sold, or if this image was posted in error.

I’d love that to be the case, but I’m sure it’s just the mockup.  

Here’s what the WNBA store had (for about an hour, until they sold out):

spacer.png

I don’t think she’ll wear either #1 or #20. FWIW. But expect the >sigh< FanDuel logo on the front. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

I don’t think she’ll wear either #1 or #20. FWIW. But expect the >sigh< FanDuel logo on the front. 

What's HSS? Unfortunately the Fanduel/AT&T logos will be there to overpower the team logos. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

Yeah, it’s just a mockup. You can see the black jersey with the FanDuel logo here:

spacer.png

And I fully expect Sabrina to wear #20, as she wore it in her AAU days, in high school, and all four years at Oregon. Plus she’s pretty much synonymous with the number 20 after all she’s done over the last four year years and all the fame she’s gotten. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

Beautiful rebrand done right. Wish they had one more color as an accent but this gets the job done!

Orange like the WNBA logo on the back would be perfect. I know they wanted Nets-esque simplicity, but an orange accent would push this over the top.

y6BAoDS.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

statueofliberty.jpg

Eh, I love a bright gold or yellow in theory, but I still think this color scheme is too good now to be watered down.  And if you did recolor the flame, that would throw the balance off.  You wouldn't have nearly enough of the primary color left, so you'd have to change some of the white to green.

XpEOx9C.png

Still think they got it right the first time.

25 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Eh, I still think the color scheme is too good now to be watered down.

I don't think an accent would water it down so much as give it some much-needed pop.

Which looks better?

lDqcz3B.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I get what you're going for, but I still don't agree.  The uniform doesn't need another color, and any additional colors to the logo would undoubtedly start leeching into the rest of the design.  And then we're back to a mess like this.

87s4dbwkieyw95ushfw6b3hz6.png

If we could guarantee that the fourth color was only used in the logo, and nowhere else, then maybe I'd go along with that.  But I don't believe such a guarantee is possible.

18 hours ago, Waffles said:

More merchandise confusion: the youth jersey for sale on Fanatics shows the Liberty wordmark...

ff_3912401-97ad6f979c6f6a532d5dalt1_full

I wonder if it's because Fanduel is a gambling company?

I don't think so, because it's also the adult jerseys.

Really strange; before yesterday, this was the image on the WNBA's store:

On 4/18/2020 at 10:26 AM, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

But now the Fanatics sites all across the board (including the WNBA Store) all have the wordmark version.   And not just the home jersey, but the road as well:

ff_3910876-e044f180a2d846526478alt1_full

And the shirshey version of the road (they don't offer the home yet).

ff_3910875-552d233d403881a224e2_full.jpg

Maybe they just don't know what they're doing over there.

12 hours ago, chakfu said:

Is that shade used by any other team? The simple mint/black is a fantastic look. So simple and distinctive.

It’s been a very trendy color on European soccer kits these past few years, so not surprised they emphasized it. The Knicks, introducing a color ahead of the curve by 25 years!

spacer.png

spacer.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 4/24/2020 at 11:03 AM, pepis21 said:

It's weird that NY replica got old WNBA logo and new one is on mockups. Same with waistband, Liberty got old script and Dream new one. It look like league can't decided which logo to use.

Would be great if teams could continue to use the old one; it’s so much better than the new. More character.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived