Texas A&M 2020 (maybe?) Concepts

colinturner95

So in case you haven't seen it in the College Football 2020 thread, Kellen Mond seems to be hinting that the Aggies will be moving back to their throwbacks as the primary look. Compounding that with the debate on whether the Aggies should keep or dump the bevel, I thought I'd take a stab at some concepts, as well as needing a mental break from my 1972 Project.  While I'm not against the possible changes, it does seem a step down from what they're currently wearing with the racing stripes. Rather than flood that thread with some ideas, I'll take my talents here and see what you all think: 

nEYC1kr.png

This was in essence what I put in the 2020 thread, albeit on a Nike template, so I migrated it to an almost current Adidas template. The bevels are all gone, everywhere which will be the case on anything posted here. This one sees the helmet gain a helmet stripe to match the pants and satiate those that say there's no cohesion between helmet, jerseys and pants. Otherwise, everything really stays the same. 

Rqd7HSE.png

This one sees the opposite direction as Option A, with the pant stripes going away, keeping the hip logo, but the stripeless pants now create harmony between them and the helmets. Jerseys remain unchanged. 

KDzfnmp.png

As was pointed out to me in the 2020 thread, Texas A&M's look is inspired by the 70's look, but they didn't go all the way with it.  This is the "they went all the way with it" option, with everything having a double stripe on it. 

Let me know what y'all think, what you guy's might wanna see out of this. I hadn't thought of alternates for these, but they're probably coming as well, so as I always seem to say: C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Option A might look like Mississippi State uniforms due to the single stripe. Option B looks incomplete if the jerseys are the only ones with the stripes. Option C is the best look among the bunch. Though this is wishful thinking on my part, can you pair the jerseys and pants from option C with the helmets from option B? I think that might look better, given that A&M's helmets, for the majority, lacked any kind of striping.

I like the double stripe pants. White helmets could have the double stripes with a grey mask as a throwback to the 70’s, but the maroon helmets should never have stripes.

I also think the hip logo would look better on the front left pocket of the pants, so it doesn’t interfere with the stripes. Good work!

On 4/14/2020 at 10:15 PM, ATolly66 said:

I like option c the most

So do I

On 4/14/2020 at 10:55 PM, edjb93 said:

Option A might look like Mississippi State uniforms due to the single stripe. Option B looks incomplete if the jerseys are the only ones with the stripes. Option C is the best look among the bunch. Though this is wishful thinking on my part, can you pair the jerseys and pants from option C with the helmets from option B? I think that might look better, given that A&M's helmets, for the majority, lacked any kind of striping.

Of course: 

266Et3H.png

On 4/14/2020 at 11:45 PM, BVZ said:

I like the double stripe pants. White helmets could have the double stripes with a grey mask as a throwback to the 70’s, but the maroon helmets should never have stripes.

I also think the hip logo would look better on the front left pocket of the pants, so it doesn’t interfere with the stripes. Good work!

X3gWv5t.png

Also, I know that Coach Jimbo seems pretty against alternate uniforms for the Aggies, but if there's anything you guys want to see in that department, let me know! 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived