The World (League) According to Neo (1994 League Wide Rebrand)

neo_prankster

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

At long last, we now have a prototype logo for the Los Angeles Avengers.

spacer.png

The jagged edges on the letters come from the city flag. However, I'm saving those colors for when Barcelona is added later.

spacer.png

Looks like a nice callback to Montreal Machine as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The LA logo is too under designed, and reads as LN. The actual Avengers logo fits in really well with the original lineup of WLAF logos. Most teams had a complex design sat on top of a wordmark, the Admirals, Monarchs, Fire, Thunder and Riders. If you want you can remove the wordmark, if it’s too modern, then it would fit the designs of the Claymores and Dragons. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The LA logo is too under designed, and reads as LN. The actual Avengers logo fits in really well with the original lineup of WLAF logos. Most teams had a complex design sat on top of a wordmark, the Admirals, Monarchs, Fire, Thunder and Riders. If you want you can remove the wordmark, if it’s too modern, then it would fit the designs of the Claymores and Dragons. 

Exactly...the debeveled crusader head would work PERFECTLY as the logo.

bYhYmxh.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 6:46 PM, neo_prankster said:

It's tempting, but I'm not sure how to tweak it to make it fit the early 90's.

5625.gif

Something that would be less of a tweak and more of a redesign admittedly that I think would fit in with the 90's would be to design it to blatantly reference the comic book Avengers. The 90's after all were a time where the Anaheim Mighty Ducks and Anaheim Angels took identities matching movie franchises. Given the color scheme you could do a logo that's vaguely Iron Man-ish and a wordmark incorporating the Avengers 'A' logo. Then something closer to this could be it's 2000's redesign if you were to build an ongoing narrative for them.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Archived