E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could the two greens coexist? Perhaps kelly green jerseys with midnight green accents? I’m just thinking out loud here. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 4/26/2020 at 5:22 PM, Krudler said:

I think keeping the midnight green, getting rid of the black trim and replacing it with Silver, and going with the 60s style font the Colts are using would look classy as hell.

There's never been a recolor of the current set that eliminates black and doesn't look washed out.

5 hours ago, Chawls said:

Could the two greens coexist? Perhaps kelly green jerseys with midnight green accents? I’m just thinking out loud here. 

No.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The current wings are my favorite they've ever used and watching old games the wings look unfinished and flat, like they're missing something. 

I would choose the midnight green over kelly green as well. The only change I'd make is losing the charcoal and replacing it with silver. It's far too dark for an already dark color palette. Also, silver pants at home would look dynamite. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 hours ago, Sport said:

The current wings are my favorite they've ever used and watching old games the wings look unfinished and flat, like they're missing something. 

I would choose the midnight green over kelly green as well. The only change I'd make is losing the charcoal and replacing it with silver. It's far too dark for an already dark color palette. Also, silver pants at home would look dynamite. 

In the pre-Nike era, some of the replicas actually did use silver - or a much lighter charcoal - rather than the dark shade they use IRL.  Probably just a quality control issue, but there are a bunch out there like that.  I'm indifferent. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 4/25/2020 at 5:36 AM, BroncoBuff said:

Okay yes ... visual flow being in some measure related to whether two specific colors blend, and complement? Definitely, I think even a slight alteration of a color can make or break a blend. A more subtle example the Buccaneers' new slightly darker red compared with their previous brighter red, and how each blends/flows with the pewter.

Recently there was talk about the merits of adding gray to the Colts royal blue, and though I didn't post about it, I thought it was all about WHAT gray. For example, this Kentucky pic seems an abomination of a color relationship - its impossible to appreciate this blue with that dull near-charcoal gray. But another gray might work.

spacer.png

Can't agree with you that the brighter Chargers colors are an era-specific style though. In fact - though I probably shouldn't admit this - the new Chargers duds are my favorite current uniforms.

Dont have much to add to the conversation at hand but I hate this UK uniforms with a passion, I'm so glad our basketball team hasn't adopted any black or charcoal or chrome like our other sports. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 9:17 AM, henburg said:

Not a Philly fan, but I like both schemes a lot.

I'll say that the midnight green is underrated and is a very cool color in its own right. Whether it's dazzle fabric or matte, I think it looks pretty awesome. 

Bdawk.jpg7e011435e32d5c73950366e3e567cfbd.jpg

ap_miles_sanders_eagles_jets.jpg

The midnight green jersey looks better in the Reebok era than the Nike version.

On 4/16/2020 at 12:48 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

The change I'd make to the current scheme would be to modify the wings to be solid silver rather than the silver and white inside the black, and work in silver or gray pants.

Unpopular opinion - a gray alt with the green/gray/black numbers from the white jersey would be my choice if they needed an alt.  I don't think they do, but it seems like they do.

I'm right there with you as a fan. Bring back Silver and I'm fine with sticking with the Midnight Green.

Plus it keeps a unifying element between the main uniforms and the Kelly Green throwbacks (whenever the helmet rule gets changed)

I think that alt idea would look really nice as an additional alt look with the kelly green. Could wear it on the road too.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:40 AM, Chawls said:

I think the current green has gone a little too teal to look great in practice. when you do it on a color palette it kinda looks ok.
The problem is the helmet. That being either green kind of takes over the look.
They could maybe get away with a version of the old green as like a tertiary color to lighten up the look a bit. 

whZdVEI.png        y2nNH0l.png
Not a great look but you could I suppose.
But you'd need the helmet rule to go away to do the throwbacks. That or go back to a white helmet or do a silver one. But it think most people don't want that.

If and when they do add Kelly green back to the colors officially...I always thought changing the Eagle's eye would be the most subtle way of doing it..
But it's so subtle, why bother unless they do integrate it into the scheme somehow.

jkg52Ql.png

On 5/8/2020 at 5:07 AM, Kiltman said:

That or go back to a white helmet or do a silver one. But it think most people don't want that.

I've been saying on these forums for nearly 16 years (holy :censored:) that I'd support a silver helmet with green wings.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers midnight green for the Eagles. For me, the shade of green they're using has never been the issue with their current look. It's the fact that they're using silver, charcoal and black as accent colors all at the same time.

At very least, they should dump charcoal since it serves no purpose in their identity, but I even think they could simplify their color scheme down to just midnight green and silver and achieve a timeless look that way.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 4/25/2020 at 5:36 AM, BroncoBuff said:

Recently there was talk about the merits of adding gray to the Colts royal blue, and though I didn't post about it, I thought it was all about WHAT gray. For example, this Kentucky pic seems an abomination of a color relationship - its impossible to appreciate this blue with that dull near-charcoal gray. But another gray might work.

spacer.png

I actually disagree. Now I don't think the Colts should add a charcoal, but I actually like the way it looks on UK

fiowXOD.png

If they don't want to go back to Kelly green, ok fine. But make the midnight green look closer to Michigan State's than Jacksonville's teal. Going to games, there's such a mismatch of tones even in official merchandise and it doesn't look great. I'm always jealous of Kansas City when you can look into the crowd and just see all bright red

On 4/16/2020 at 12:17 PM, henburg said:

I'll say that the midnight green is underrated and is a very cool color in its own right. Whether it's dazzle fabric or matte, I think it looks pretty awesome. 

Bdawk.jpg7e011435e32d5c73950366e3e567cfbd.jpg

Is it just me or is the Nike version much more blue than the Reebok version. Maybe it's lighting or material but I vastly prefer the middle photo to all of those

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

19 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Is it just me or is the Nike version much more blue than the Reebok version. Maybe it's lighting or material but I vastly prefer the middle photo to all of those

During the Pre-Nike template the color was highly contingent on lighting.

The teal notes would come out and give it that almost feather like quality. They also always showed water/sweat distinctly compared to now.  

The Nike does that color change effect too from a bright 1 o'clock game to a Sunday night game under the lights, but the color is uniform throughout so it's different.

The current color matches what the fan apparel color has been more or less. There is finally some semblance of uniformity to the color.

But yeah I wish it was closer to the old color, if not just totally redo it,

On 4/16/2020 at 9:17 AM, henburg said:

Bdawk.jpg

I didn't like the midnight green for a while, but it has become a unique part of their identity and has aged decently, but . . . there is no way the matte looks as good.  The elements added by the shimmer really made that uniform work.  If the new fabric techniques can't bring that back, I'd prefer they go back to kelly green. Same is true for the Bucs by the way. The pewter color was cool but really relied on having the shiny pants because now it doesn't match the helmet.     

Now that the historic wave of new NFL uniforms has passed, we on the boards must turn to discussing more trivial matters.

In recent weeks, I have been inspired to begin a debate thread on one of football uniform design's all-time questions. Do the Philadelphia Eagles look better in midnight green or kelly green? Now please note, I am not discussing uniform design as much as color. The current Eagles' number font is atrocious and the pre-90s Eagles helmet wings are lacking. Rather, the next time Philadelphia redesigns, would you prefer they stay on the same color route with their midnight green they won their first Super Bowl in? Or would you like to see a return to the classic shade they've worn for most of their history?

Personally, I believe they should roll with the midnight green. It is very unique and fitting for the Eagles. The uniforms aren't great, but i'm in love with the helmet and the colors.

fiowXOD.png

Archived