E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I'd agree that midnight is better for the Eagles. While they did wear it for years, and I like kelly green more in general, I've never been particularly fond of any of the kelly green uniforms. The midnight is completely unique in sports and looks great with white, silver, or black. Now that the Jets have made their switch back to kelly, they really shouldn't move to kelly either. I'd be fine with a throwback, but I feel that that's the farthest they should move forward.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like the Eagles "midnight green" uniforms way more if they were actually, you know, green. Changing the fabrics and manufacturers has ended up making the uniforms teal. The Eagles currently wear teal uniforms, not green ones. Sorry, but this is a hill I'm prepared to die on.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:42 AM, ramsjetsthunder said:

Now that the historic wave of new NFL uniforms has passed, we on the boards must turn to discussing more trivial matters.

In recent weeks, I have been inspired to begin a debate thread on one of football uniform design's all-time questions. Do the Philadelphia Eagles look better in midnight green or kelly green? Now please note, I am not discussing uniform design as much as color. The current Eagles' number font is atrocious and the pre-90s Eagles helmet wings are lacking. Rather, the next time Philadelphia redesigns, would you prefer they stay on the same color route with their midnight green they won their first Super Bowl in? Or would you like to see a return to the classic shade they've worn for most of their history?

Personally, I believe they should roll with the midnight green. It is very unique and fitting for the Eagles. The uniforms aren't great, but i'm in love with the helmet and the colors.

I think the Eagles NEED to change in one of two ways (and this is coming from a fan. Idc what they win a Super Bowl in if they can improve their look do it)

1) Go the kelly green route (my preferred would be the post above but with modern helmet wings)

2) Keep midnight but make some much needed updates for color consistency: 

• Create a more traditional football font and lessen the overuse of black throughout.
  • Tweak the green slightly away from blue and more towards what Michigan State has. Any eagles fan could break out 4 "midnight green" jerseys from their closet since '96 and you'll see a lot of color inconsistencies 
  • Make the helmet a flat texture. I dont see this mentioned a lot but since the move away from the shiny jerseys, the glossy helmets end up looking a lot darker than the rest of their look and it looks bad on TV

On 6/1/2020 at 10:20 AM, ScubaSteve said:

• Make the helmet a flat texture. I dont see this mentioned a lot but since the move away from the shiny jerseys, the glossy helmets end up looking a lot darker than the rest of their look and it looks bad on TV

I disagree here, my friend. If they go flat, id prefer them do kelly green. There's something special about that metallic midnight

fiowXOD.png

17 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I disagree here, my friend. If they go flat, id prefer them do kelly green. There's something special about that metallic midnight

I think it worked really well with the shiny fabric (Dawkins bustin out of the tunnel in that will forever get me pumped), but I'd like to at least see the alternative now that its not the same fabric

On 5/31/2020 at 9:58 PM, Around the Horn said:

I like this as an alternate

spacer.png

Wow. That is so gorgeous ... ethereal gorgeous, my knees get weak. 

Green is my favorite color, but that goes beyond personal preferences

Lots of guys here are professionals, let me throw this question out: I suspect the lighting and photo quality affected my reaction to that pic. My question is how greatly can equipment distort or misrepresent or over-enhance colors and images? By equipment I mean video card, monitor, camera, lighting. I bought a Viewsonic "Pro Series" monitor awhile back partly because it hyped its color "accuracy," etc., and although I know most ALL video cards have evolved WAY beyond what 90% of consumers need, I still buy a pretty decent one every 4-5 years. Why?  

wS7MJ6T.png

Archived