Best college football uniforms

31 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Did they actually darken the red for this set? Because some photos under the lights look pretty scarlet to me. Perhaps it's just an illusion against the black.

61730_h.jpg

I dunno.

I see that and I get OSU - Oregon State. I bleeping hate off-color uniforms. Wear your school colors, dammit.

[oldmanyellingatclouds.gif]

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I dunno.

I see that and I get OSU - Oregon State. I bleeping hate off-color uniforms. Wear your school colors, dammit.

[oldmanyellingatclouds.gif]

As a Oregon State fan I would love for us to adopt that uniform but with orange instead of red. Basically would be like our throwbacks from a couple years ago

On 5/8/2020 at 5:16 PM, radchad said:

Homer pick but man I really think Cal looks good now.

Cal Football Player Becomes Wearable Sports Tech Entrepreneur

Kinda wish they still had the metallic (or even glossy) helmets. The matte is just a little drab on a uniform with bold contrast. The rest of the uniform is pretty cool. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/9/2020 at 11:58 AM, Lights Out said:

Cal's current uniforms are okay, but this is still their best look (no pun intended):

spacer.png

I think the jerseys and pants from that set were great (the bear claw motif worked well), but I recall the helmet stripe being really poorly-received by fans.

Also they had a tendency to wear some pretty awful jersey/pants combos

Jahvid Best Reportedly Joins Cal Football's Coaching Staff as ...

The worst moment for me was the big post-renovation reopening of our beautiful then-89 year-old stadium when they came out wearing this:

Photo Gallery: Cal Football vs. Nevada | The Daily Californian

And of course, this set is forever linked to Cal's rapid freefall from relevance in the early 2010s.

Good pun though 😉

Archived