What ESPN films would you like to see made?

Krz

1 hour ago, sportsfan7 said:

There's one on Bias called Without Bias

I know. I saw that one. In a hypo 1986 Draft 30 for 30, they could talk about things that weren't talked about in Without Bias, like how Sixers scout Jack McMahon (they had the #1 pick that year until they made the idiotic trades that sent the franchise downward) didn't like Bias. Also, they could discuss other things about Rodman dealing with the draft that weren't discussed in his 30 for 30.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 11:35 AM, SFGiants58 said:

Because I listen to Crime in Sports and so many of those stories are incredibly dramatic:

- the Gracie family tree and all of the craziness within

- the rise and fall of BJ Penn, UFC fighter/cokehead/drunken street fighter

- Kevin “Artie” Stevens’ long journey through addiction

- Anthony Mason’s craziness on and off the court (he likely inspired Biggie’s “I Got a Story to Tell”)

- “Fast” Eddie Johnson and the horrors he brought

Yay, indeed, Jimmie. 

Yay, indeed. 

• Like 1

When I watched an episode of The Last Dance, I came up with another idea. I call it Class of 1984. The 30 for 30 would focus on MJ and Mario Lemieux. It would cover their organizations up to that point, their drafting, rise to first title, and the years after.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

NASCAR's done a million and one documentaries on their own at this point, but an ESPN doc or something on the 2014 playoffs would be something. First year of the elimination format and everybody involved lost their damn minds during it

2014-2015 Kansas City Royals would be interesting. They went Moneyball with a team built around speed, the bullpen and clutch hitting and actually got a couple pennants and a World Series out of it. Also helped that they actually did something with minor league talent they developed for once instead of trading it away for scraps like they did with Johnny Damon, Jermaine Dye and Carlos Beltran.

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

NASCAR's done a million and one documentaries on their own at this point, but an ESPN doc or something on the 2014 playoffs would be something. First year of the elimination format and everybody involved lost their damn minds during it

Wasn't that the year Ryan Newman almost won the championship without having won a single race? 

38 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Wasn't that the year Ryan Newman almost won the championship without having won a single race? 

Yep.  Not only did he not win a race, but he only had a handful of top 5's all season.  He wasn't even competing for wins.  He almost won a championship despite being a non-factor every week.

11 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Mockumentary of the Major League actors talking about the events of that season as if it were a real event. 

With talking-head interviews with players from other fictional universes, such as Sam Malone and Crash Davis.

Also, with a talking head from Jay Johnstone bitterly complaining that that Cleveland team's story gave the corrupt baseball establishment the excuse to ignore the strange umpire he met when he was with the Seattle Mariners, the one who looked suspiciously like Enrico Palazzo.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, See Red said:

Yep.  Not only did he not win a race, but he only had a handful of top 5's all season.  He wasn't even competing for wins.  He almost won a championship despite being a non-factor every week.

I almost wish he did win just to show how much of a joke that new format was/is. 

But also because I do like Ryan Newman. 

• Like 1

Bud Grant. First coach to reach 4 super bowls and won none of them. Coached one of the best defenses of all time in the purple people eaters and quite possibly the most underrated QB as far as the greats of the game go in Fran Tarkenton. But Grant himself was interesting because he played football, basketball and baseball (townball level, but he claims he made more money playing townball than he did with the Lakers) and won 4 grey cups with Winnipeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 12:17 PM, SFGiants58 said:

baseball’s race to Tampa Bay in the ‘80s and ‘90s

On 4/20/2020 at 12:17 PM, SFGiants58 said:

the 2008 Rays’ rise from the pit

I second both of these. And for the first one, just get Mr. Morsani in for an interview. You can base the whole documentary on that alone.

On 6/22/2020 at 2:39 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

I almost wish he did win just to show how much of a joke that new format was/is. 

But also because I do like Ryan Newman. 

I remember the promo for that season's championship race showed to other three celebrating in Victory Lane and Ryan Newman just.....getting in his car