Utah Freeze

Nesi427

I was toying around at work yesterday with nothing better to do so I came up with this...feedback please! :D

utahfreeze.gif

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Ehh it's alright. I think you could find a better text match.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It's better than what the Jazz have

Not even close. What are you smokin' man? :lol:

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Send that to the Jazz, at least their name will make sense.

The word Jazz does not make sense to you? Are you dumb? Or stupid? Or dumb and stupid?

He means make sense as to the location of the team. The team originated in New Orleans, a big jazz city, hence the name. When they moved to Utah, and since Utah is not a big jazz city, the name no longer had any relevence to the city.

Howard1.jpg

actually he is smart AND knowledgable. they USED to be the NEW ORLEANS JAZZ. all right, sweet, what better identitiy for the home of jazz and soul, new orleans? then you move them to, wait, where? what? UTAH? am i hearing you right? when has utah ever been associated with jazz? maybe rocks. maybe open sky. maybe a salty lake. maybe mormons. maybe some mountain lions. maybe snow and skiing. maybe utesor native americans? but JAZZ? no. they moved, and ALL they did was change the 'new orleans' to 'utah' on the logo. it was not thought out at all. they had a friggin MOUNTAIN as their logo for ten years! what does a MOUNTAIN have to do with JAZZ? YOU, my friend lopernv, may not be dumb OR stupid, but you are IGNORANT. and that is ten times worse. do your homework next time and dont insult educated and talented people on this board. they are just like you and as it says up in the corner, this is a community. lets keep it that way. and by the way, this is not an insult to you, lopernv, just be nice and learn about what people have to say before you go mouthing off and insulting others.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

actually he is smart AND knowledgable. they USED to be the NEW ORLEANS JAZZ. all right, sweet, what better identitiy for the home of jazz and soul, new orleans? then you move them to, wait, where? what? UTAH? am i hearing you right? when has utah ever been associated with jazz? maybe rocks. maybe open sky. maybe a salty lake. maybe mormons. maybe some mountain lions. maybe snow and skiing. maybe utesor native americans? but JAZZ? no. they moved, and ALL they did was change the 'new orleans' to 'utah' on the logo. it was not thought out at all. they had a friggin MOUNTAIN as their logo for ten years! what does a MOUNTAIN have to do with JAZZ? YOU, my friend lopernv, may not be dumb OR stupid, but you are IGNORANT. and that is ten times worse. do your homework next time and dont insult educated and talented people on this board. they are just like you and as it says up in the corner, this is a community. lets keep it that way. and by the way, this is not an insult to you, lopernv, just be nice and learn about what people have to say before you go mouthing off and insulting others.

Easy man! There's many sides to this topic. I just wanted to add that the Jazz never changed their logo when they moved to Utah because they couldn't afford to! We're talking about a team who traded Dominique Wilkens for $1,000,000. They even passed up drafting "Magic" Johnson at a time.

Retired Number's To Come

Let us also throw in that the Los Angeles Lakers wouldn't make sense if they tried to name the team that from today. The Lakers used to be the Minneapolis Lakers.

The Utah Jazz, though there is no big "Jazz" in Utah, still isn't that bad. If you dis one team for not being regional, then you'd have to dis them all, would you not?

:)

right. im not getting worked up, i know it sounded as such, and i do know they could not afford to do certain things after the pete maravich era when they started going downhill, but the point was that i didnt think it was fair for lopernv to call anyone dumb/stupid for that very reason. there are more sides to this issue than what he had thought, but he did not bother to find that out, he just went and insulted.

and by the way, no, i do not like the lakers name an others of the like. this post just so happens to be about the jazz, so thats why others are not mentioned. many apologies if i sounded mean/angry/etc. im not here to make enemies, just to be a part of the community.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Actually this thread has nothing to do with the Jazz. I just did a concept and not once did I say anything about changing the Jazz logo or name or the association. So I don't want this to considered a bad thread now. If you guys want to argue about team names take it to the general discussion area or something. <_<

I just wanted some feedback on my concept. Thank you to those who shared your thoughts.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

yeah, youre correct. it really kinda turned into a jazz name forum somewhere around the middle. sorry to hijack your thread. :P

Archived