Arena Football Project

WideRight

And my first new team of the day, one of my all-time favorites, the New Orleans VooDoo.  No changes to the logo and secondary, as they are great.  I did adjust the font a bit, but tried to keep the same theme.   The uniforms are based on the original 2004 design, where the shoulder stripes were more asp-like.  I also tried to repeat the crossed-viper motif in the pants. 

spacer.png

• Like 10

And one more, the Philly Soul.  I again tried to use as much of their original identity as I could, including using Graphite instead of Black as a main color.  There is some black trim, but only in small amounts to sharpen edges.  I made some minor tweaks to the logo itself, and the jersey's are based on one of their earlier looks. (Their look this last season was way over the top for my taste.)

spacer.png

• Like 8

Is there a possibility you might recreate other AFL teams like:

- Washington Valor (2016-2019) or Washington Commandoes (1987-1990)
- Spokane Shock (2010-2015)
- Portland Steel (2016) or Portland Thunder (2014-2015)
- Pittsburgh Power (2011-2014)
- New Jersey Red Dogs (1997-2000)
- Nashville Kats (1997-2001, 2005-2007)
- Los Angeles Kiss (2014-2016)
- Kansas City Brigade (2006-2010) or Kansas City Command (2011-2012)
- Las Vegas Gladiators (2002-2007)
- Grand Rapids Rampage (2005-2009)
- Houston Thunderbears (1998-2001)
- Georgia Force (2011-2012)
- Dallas Desperados (2002-2008)
- Colorado Crush (2003-2008)
- Columbus Destroyers (2004-2008)
- Albany Empire (2018-2019)
- Atlantic City Blackjacks (2019)
- Baltimore Brigade (2017-2019)
- Cleveland Gladiators (2008-2017)

- Utah Blaze (2006-2013)

I know it's a long list, but this will give you a few ideas. :) Thank you for recreating the AFL uniforms. Great stuff!

Edited by ThunderHawkPA
Forgot one AFL team.

I almost forgot to add the Dallas Desperados.

I decided 2 big things here:  1--Since they are owned by Jerry Jones I would go full Cowboys with their look, with only a few alterations.   2-- The actual Desperados logo is not great, but the Dallas Renegades (XFL) logo is perfect, so I swapped out the Desperado for the Renegade, added a Dallas star and colors.  Not the most original, but definitely something Jerry would consider doing. 

spacer.png

I believe the Washington Valor are the only team left.  Let's see:

EAST

New England Steamrollers

New York Dragons

New York Knights

Philadelphia Soul

Washington Valor

NORTH

Chicago Bruisers

Detroit Drive

Indiana Firebirds

Milwaukee Mustangs

Pittsburgh Gladiators

SOUTH

Carolina Cobras

Memphis Pharaohs

New Orleans VooDoo

Orlando Predators

Tampa Bay Storm

WEST

Arizona Rattlers

Dallas Desperados

Denver Dynamite

LA Avengers

San Jose SaberCats

Yup, the 20 team Arena Football League, with only DC still to go. 

Sorry folks, but I set out to do 20 teams, and that is where I will cap it off.  Moving on to another project (when an idea hits me for one.)  Maybe a revisiting of the CFL?  Maybe a Global League, who knows.  

• Like 9

3 hours ago, WideRight said:

Sorry folks, but I set out to do 20 teams, and that is where I will cap it off.  Moving on to another project (when an idea hits me for one.)  Maybe a revisiting of the CFL?  Maybe a Global League, who knows.  

A global league would be pretty sweet to see. Maybe the original 2001 XFL? Love to see your take on that league. I loved the XFL growing up even more than i love the arena league 

• Like 1

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

Guest darkpiranha

How about a series imagining if NCAA football expanded to other universities around the world?  Maybe even make up a bunch of USA-styled name of a fictional college.  Madrid A&M.  Tokyo State.  URSP (University of Russia-St. Petersberg)   Etc.  

These are great! I was actually thinking of doing my own refresh of old AFL logos (actually had already made a few) but after seeing these I'm not sure my work could compare. My favorites I think are Detroit, Iowa and Los Angeles. I'll be checking out some of your other work to see what you do with them!

• Like 1

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

On 5/5/2020 at 8:53 AM, in_a_rush said:

These are great! I was actually thinking of doing my own refresh of old AFL logos (actually had already made a few) but after seeing these I'm not sure my work could compare. My favorites I think are Detroit, Iowa and Los Angeles. I'll be checking out some of your other work to see what you do with them!

Give it a shot man. Doesn’t hurt to try.

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

On 4/27/2020 at 10:04 AM, WideRight said:

I almost forgot to add the Dallas Desperados.

I decided 2 big things here:  1--Since they are owned by Jerry Jones I would go full Cowboys with their look, with only a few alterations.   2-- The actual Desperados logo is not great, but the Dallas Renegades (XFL) logo is perfect, so I swapped out the Desperado for the Renegade, added a Dallas star and colors.  Not the most original, but definitely something Jerry would consider doing. 

spacer.png

I believe the Washington Valor are the only team left.  Let's see:

EAST

New England Steamrollers

New York Dragons

New York Knights

Philadelphia Soul

Washington Valor

NORTH

Chicago Bruisers

Detroit Drive

Indiana Firebirds

Milwaukee Mustangs

Pittsburgh Gladiators

SOUTH

Carolina Cobras

Memphis Pharaohs

New Orleans VooDoo

Orlando Predators

Tampa Bay Storm

WEST

Arizona Rattlers

Dallas Desperados

Denver Dynamite

LA Avengers

San Jose SaberCats

Yup, the 20 team Arena Football League, with only DC still to go. 

That's literally the Dallas Renegades logo on top of the Dallas Cowboys logo. It looks good though. 

spacer.png