NBA | Chicago Bulls Logo Modernization

Go Red Sox!

As a long time Chicago Bulls fan myself, I'm aware of the fact that most die-hard supporters of this NBA franchise actually want no changes at all – I did it anyway.

The main focus was on increasing line width, cleaning up and centering the wordmark properly (still Stymie Becker, Bold) and adding just a tiny notch of modernization to the Bull's head, so that one would easily recognize the mark, but also appreciate the aspect in terms of refreshing the brand a little bit.

spacer.png

Partial bull head logo

spacer.png

Primary logo

spacer.png

Logo comparison

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

20 hours ago, timberwolf said:

If the Bulls ever rebrand, this would be the only acceptable refresh.

Great work.

Thanks a lot, timberwolf.

16 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Absolutely perfect.  Bravo!!

Thank you, itsmb8.

16 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That's shockingly effective. 

I actually looks a lot like the way the logo appears on a cap, where the line weight is a little thicker due to the stitching. 

Thanks, CS!

I actually don't even remember what the Bull's head exactly looks like on a cap. Last Bulls cap I've bought was roughly 25 years ago.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I definitely think the line weight and text spacing is an upgrade and makes the logo very uniform and a bit more modern.  My two favorite parts of the upgrade are the indent at the top of the bulls skull and the removal of the outline on the blood on the tip of the horns.

55 minutes ago, SEANL said:

I definitely think the line weight and text spacing is an upgrade and makes the logo very uniform and a bit more modern.  My two favorite parts of the upgrade are the indent at the top of the bulls skull and the removal of the outline on the blood on the tip of the horns.

Thanks, SEANL. That's exactly what I tried to achieve with that update.

23 hours ago, jbird669 said:

Wonderful!

22 hours ago, Tore said:

This is really, really good!Great as a matter of fact!

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated.

12 hours ago, flyersfan said:

It looks meaner. I like it. Great job, this is how to update with the times yet keep the tradition. Excellent.

Thanks, flyersfan!

In fact, the meaner looking bull wasn't a priority in the beginning at all. It somehow evolved into it, since at some point I've realized that his eyes and some other areas could use some tweaking here and there.

27 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

For me the organization already has the basis for the next gen bull:

spacer.png

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/112853-chicago-bulls-logo-concept/

You're using my thread to promote your own Chicago Bulls logo concept through a link right underneath the picture without wasting any words on my work?

Not cool...

11 minutes ago, Bobster said:

A nice job of updating without trampling on tradition.

The Lakers could use something similar.

Thanks, Bobster. Yup, Lakers could use some upgrade, too.

Just now, Bobster said:

That's the one for the Bull's G-League affiliate - https://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/599950802017/Windy_City_Bulls/2017/Primary_Logo

No, I was referring to the link underneath the Bulls G-League logo that he's posted. That's a link to his own design here on CCSL.

Archived